Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Johns is trying to setup Young JSA and Future JSA spinoffs that will now never happen.
    I think he's setting up the future JSA to be part of the main JSA team. The Young Justice Society have been absent besides Salem and Mister Terrific's sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by PrydefulHunts View Post
    I think he's setting up the future JSA to be part of the main JSA team. The Young Justice Society have been absent besides Salem and Mister Terrific's sidekick.
    Which makes a lot (okay, some) more sense, anyway. I mean, Harlequin's Son should already pushing 70 years old as it is, making him a *future* member of the JSA is an outright mockery of calendars.

Just read my digital copy during my lunch break. This might be the best issue so far. Questions finally get answered concerning some of the Lost Children. Great to finally see Hawkman with the team again and actually getting some dialogue. Also there's a cameo from spoilers:
    the FREEDOM FIGHTERS
    end of spoilers which I loved seeing in these pages specifically. That last page is a freaking doozy. The GA Legionnaire is spoilers:
    MORDRU
    end of spoilers, WTF??!?? Of course now we have to wait who knows how long for the next issue. So frustrating.

Amazing Member

With his role in Peacemaker, I'm surprised it's taken this long for White Dragon to appear again. I suppose it's good that there's at least lip service given to the integration of the other lost children into the DCU, even if I don't really expect many of them to be picked up elsewhere.

I wonder if this series will cover recruitment attempts for Gentleman Ghost and Jack Knight's kid before it ends, maybe DC/Johns would think it was a good idea to bring Jack back out for the finale.

This was another issue with nothing on Eclipso-ed Wildcat's revenge on Waller. Depending on how Absolute Power goes, she might miss her chance.

Extraordinary Member

If Betsy Ross and Molly Pitcher weren’t sent to the Freedom Fighters, I wonder where they were sent?

Also is Johns pulling a Young Avengers?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also is Johns pulling a Young Avengers?
    Only if the Golden Age Legionnaire and Courtney fall in love.

It will end up becoming an unresolved plot but Johns has not answered any of the questions surrounding Mr. Terrific's granddaughter Roulette and her dislike of Michael Holt

Astonishing Member

so that’s what, the JS Dark, Young JSA, Eclipso and Watchmen plot lines just left hanging forever then; since I have my suspicions that the next writer is going to want as clean a break as possible

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

There have been only 2 things I liked about this book so far: the art, and the "Fair Play" bit this issue.

In defense of Johns, that was a pretty clever way of bringing Michael back to a more down to earth approach as he originally had. I feel too many writers went out of the way to make Mr. T an out of touch a-hole, and that is not a characterization I particularly like.

That's where my compliments end. This book feels like Johns indulging the very worst habit of his: putting his hands in how much he can of DC continuity, "leaving his mark", and then leaving the mess for other writers (and readers) to deal with. So this time he screwed up the past, the future - and both of those seem to be pretty much off limits to anyone else - and the present by overcrowding all the superhero families that he can with half formed characters.

Honestly, the JSA has been in need of fixing since 2011 and the New 52. And Johns has had dibs on it since, I don't know, 2018? And it seems that his "fixing" method is to break the concept further, and spread as many pieces of the mess around the DCU as he can.

Meh. Hope most of it gets ignored or retconned as soon as possible.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Incredible Member

Another issue, another hint that in this new continuity, Alan and Molly never got married: Harlequin’s Son says his mother “crossed the line over to Green Lantern’s side once or twice over the years.” Not exactly the words you’d choose to describe a years-long marriage.

Which, again, is probably for the best. Draw a distinct line between this and the previous universe, make it clear the current, gay Alan didn’t marry Molly under false pretenses or anything. It keeps Alan from looking like a heel and preserves fans’ memories of their happy marriage in pre-New 52 DC.

The Legionaire reveal was pretty weak to me. Is there a connection between the Legionaire and the legion?

Yes. spoilers:
    MORDRU
    end of spoilers is one of the Legion's oldest and most powerful spoilers:
    villains
    end of spoilers. I didn't see it coming honestly and liked the reveal. Wish I knew what it all means though. His reveal, why he'd travel to the distant past to join the JSA in the first place. What's with that new version of the Legion Subs we saw a few issues back? So many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Yes. spoilers:
    MORDRU
    end of spoilers is one of the Legion's oldest and most powerful spoilers:
    villains
    end of spoilers. I didn't see it coming honestly and liked the reveal. Wish I knew what it all means though. His reveal, why he'd travel to the distant past to join the JSA in the first place. What's with that new version of the Legion Subs we saw a few issues back? So many questions.
    spoilers:
    Maybe someone else recruited young mordu to go against his older self?
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Now that we know that this is ending on the 12th issue, I'm guessing the rest of this run will be spent recruiting Huntress' redeemed roster and some legion shenanigans at some point.
    Has that been stated? Is it just the storyline or the series?

I was honestly surprised at the reveal this issue, but I guess it's in keeping with Johns' entire premise for this iteration of the team. However, as someone above mentioned, can we just give this to someone else to write and move on? I've said it before and I will say it again, whomever is the cause of this kind of delay in the series is not only doing a disservice to the other people who work on this book but to the fans as well. It's more than disappointing.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski