Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Me either even though I do like her as an addition to the current JSA. I just want her as a part of the team, not her former reformed future teammates. I also have very little interest in the Lost Children. I mainly just want a modern, active JSA in the current DCU experiencing new stories.
    Same here .

You ALL will change your mind when read the last page of this issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    You ALL will change your mind when read the last page of this issue...
    I'm super skeptical. Maybe it's so good that we all love it. Awesome. Then when it takes 3 to 4 months for the next issue we're all going to get angry again.

Amazing Member

The delays really ruined this series and I can't even remember what happened last issue. I should just wait another few years when it is all completed and the tpb comes out ��

To be clear I will be buying it tomorrow morning on Comixology and plan on reading it on my lunch break. The wait between issues is just so frustrating but I'm not dropping the book. I don't want DC giving up on the characters so I will continue to support any book about the JSA. Within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    To be clear I will be buying it tomorrow morning on Comixology and plan on reading it on my lunch break. The wait between issues is just so frustrating but I'm not dropping the book. I don't want DC giving up on the characters so I will continue to support any book about the JSA. Within reason.
    I have similar feelings. I like the franchise so much, I am more tolerant of factors that may make me drop another book, but the JSA is something I love far more often than I don't. Pre-boomers mixing with whatever the current generation is called provides a distinctive flavor.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I have similar feelings. I like the franchise so much, I am more tolerant of factors that may make me drop another book, but the JSA is something I love far more often than I don't. Pre-boomers mixing with whatever the current generation is called provides a distinctive flavor.
    Agreed. It feels like so many books have dumped basic character diversity, and lets be honest, DC struggles to understand that older characters can be cool.

I also liked the "fair play" idea being explained here... It's too true that most superhero things now focus on huge, planet-wide existential threats and we rarely have any normal, everyday, street-level heroes. I'd love to see at least one book focus more on that.

I haven't been keeping up with this, but that Ruby is familiar... Honestly, just going off the name and the skin color, but she just reminds me of Ruby Summers, the alternate-universe child of Emma Frost and Scott Summers.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Demoslider View Post
    The delays really ruined this series and I can't even remember what happened last issue. I should just wait another few years when it is all completed and the tpb comes out ��
    Yeah I feel like this book would prolly be a bit better received if it wasn't for the delays.

Like its not great but it would be far less frustrating if we didn't have to wait so infuriatingly long for the story to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah I feel like this book would prolly be a bit better received if it wasn't for the delays.

Like its not great but it would be far less frustrating if we didn't have to wait so infuriatingly long for the story to progress.
    Hasn’t that been pretty much every Johns book for the past 5-10 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    I also liked the "fair play" idea being explained here... It's too true that most superhero things now focus on huge, planet-wide existential threats and we rarely have any normal, everyday, street-level heroes. I'd love to see at least one book focus more on that.

I haven't been keeping up with this, but that Ruby is familiar... Honestly, just going off the name and the skin color, but she just reminds me of Ruby Summers, the alternate-universe child of Emma Frost and Scott Summers.
    It's a new way to approach street level books. Having a genius reconnect with regular people is a cool hook to me.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

With the latest announcement, I am more confused than ever that DC haven't just said **** it and brought in a reliable writer to finish this mess.

Honestly, I was excited for this book leading up to the launch but I'm so glad I dodged the bullet by not getting invested.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    With the latest announcement, I am more confused than ever that DC haven't just said **** it and brought in a reliable writer to finish this mess.

Honestly, I was excited for this book leading up to the launch but I'm so glad I dodged the bullet by not getting invested.
    What annoucement?

I feel like Johns is trying to setup Young JSA and Future JSA spinoffs that will now never happen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Johns is trying to setup Young JSA and Future JSA spinoffs that will now never happen.
    I know. That’s the most disappointing thing about this.

But you never know. In 2022, I wouldn’t have thought Alan, Jay and Wesley would get their own miniseries.