Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Damian's book was not cancelled, they chose to end it to launched Batman and Robin. Damian has had a complete narrative arc that was virtually uninterrupted since he popped back up after Alfred died. Even this stuff with them pivoting due to Gunn is so provably false cause these things were in the works before Gunn even announced the movie. The movie announcement was Jan 2023, we'd already had Robin, Shadow War, Batman vs Robin by then. So somehow in the middle of all of this they went screw Damian lets go with Tim, but they don't interrupt anything with Damian, Tim never featured in any of these stories that Damian was in and somehow he sidelined him? WTF?

During the Tim Robin series Damian appeared as a lead in two events and the co-lead of the Batman and Robin series. Which directly followed his Robin series that was not cancelled, Williamson just wanted to transition to next phase of Damian's story.
    Not sure why people are ignoring that there was no way J.Williamson's Robin could've continued during Waid's Batman vs. Robin and Lazarus Planet and Dark Crisis. Tim was in DCYJ (ew) and Damian was appearing in several issues of Dark Crisis.
    "Cable was right!"

Damian's book was not cancelled, they chose to end it to launched Batman and Robin. Damian has had a complete narrative arc that was virtually uninterrupted since he popped back up after Alfred died. Even this stuff with them pivoting due to Gunn is so provably false cause these things were in the works before Gunn even announced the movie. The movie announcement was Jan 2023, we'd already had Robin, Shadow War, Batman vs Robin by then. So somehow in the middle of all of this they went screw Damian lets go with Tim, but they don't interrupt anything with Damian, Tim never featured in any of these stories that Damian was in and somehow he sidelined him? WTF?

During the Tim Robin series Damian appeared as a lead in two events and the co-lead of the Batman and Robin series. Which directly followed his Robin series that was not cancelled, Williamson just wanted to transition to next phase of Damian's story.
    No, they chose to end it to launch Tim’s book rather then continue it with a new creative team. They moved him to a completely different editorial and contained him into isolated short events that weren’t connected or acknowledged by any of the other books. For all intents and purposes they did go screw Damian, let’s go with Tim again, isolating Damian and then passing him off into more peripheral and limited projects. You seriously think it was always the plan to cancel Tim’s book and replace it with Batman and Robin, or that it’s just coincidence that it all came together after Gunn’s announcement and doesn’t really follow with the main Batman narrative.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-20-2024 at 01:08 PM.

At the end of the day even though I find the negativity overwhelming at times a lot of the hate of Tim is because they're fans of the other Robin's and feel as though Tim's existence takes something away from their favs. Which doesn't make sense cause they're all different characters. I may like Tim more than Damian but I didn't get upset when Damian got his own series. Good for that character. More exposure means more time to establish what makes each character unique. And its not like the same story could or should be told with Tim anyway. So due to all of Damian's "sidelining" he's got some rivals, a relationship, some unique interests and a new dynamic with Bruce that's different from all the other Robins. Tim got Bernard. I think if anyone should feel upset in this scenario its Tim fans.
    Damian shouldn’t be having to share Robin with Tim in the first place. Resources are limited. And pushing another Robin as the World Greatest Robin does in fact hurt the other Robin who happens to be around. They were literally telling readers he was the greater Robin. Though clearly readers disagreed. That absolutely doesn’t help Damian, or Robin for that matter as it turned out. The fact that Damian is nevertheless still doing better despite Tim’s push just illustrates how questionable it was to push Tim as Robin in first place when they already have a Robin in a better position despite what they were producing. People want more Damian as Robin but instead they gave us more Tim. Why would Tim fans be upset, he was again failing up for some reason. While Damian was again being moved away from the other Batbooks, and instead moved into isolated limited series as the bad guy.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-20-2024 at 01:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    No, they chose to end it to launch Tim’s book rather then continue it with a new creative team. They moved him to a completely different editorial and contained him into isolated short events that weren’t connected or acknowledged by any of the other books. For all intents and purposes they did go screw Damian, let’s go with Tim again, isolating Damian and then passing him off into more peripheral and limited projects.
    To be fair Tim's series was also pretty isolated from everything else going on. It didn't cross over with any other Batman books, was not connected to any events or what else was going on in Gotham at the time, and used for the most part new Villains, instead of established ones. That book could have been just as well an out of continuity series.

Damian's appearances in Events, with his solo series actually leading up to one of the events, were imo more high profile.
    Last edited by Aahz; 03-20-2024 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    To be fair Tim's series was also pretty isolated from everything else going on. It didn't cross over with any other Batman books, was not connected to any events or what else was going on in Gotham at the time, and used for the most part new Villains, instead of established ones. That book could have been just as well an out of continuity series.

Damian's appearances in Events, with his solo series actually leading up to one of the events, were imo more high profile.
    Tim's series and general push spun out of the main Batman series, and he saw appearances in Nightwing. The series just didn't last long enough to take part in any events. The book wasn't high profile because it flopped, but the idea was for it to be headline catching.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-20-2024 at 02:09 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Tim's series and general push spun out of the main Batman series, and he saw appearances in Nightwing. The series just didn't last long enough to take part in any events. The book wasn't high profile because it flopped, but the idea was for it to be headline catching.
    Wow, you really hate Tim, don't you?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Editorial, writers, readers. Apparently everyone does.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-20-2024 at 04:52 PM.

How? It had nothing to do with what Zdarsky was doing with Tim. Both books were ignoring each other.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Tim's series and general push spun out of the main Batman series, and he saw appearances in Nightwing.
    Spun out would imo imply that there was something in Batman that set up the plot of Tim's series (like the current Catwoman Arc was set up in Gotham War or the last Batwoman Series was set up by thin Kaiju cross over story), but that was iirc not the case.

The only thing that led up to the series was the coming out story in Batman Urban Legends, and that wasn't even the main story in that anthology (that was the Red Hood Cheer Story).

And neither his appearances in Batman or Nightwing were in any shape connected with the plot of his own series.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I actually find it pretty funny how much they hate Tim and any mention of him. Like, did a stack of Tim comics fall over crushed their dog or something?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Editorial, writers, readers. Apparently everyone does.
    While I wouldn't say it's def just you, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. His sizeable fanbase is evident just on these boards alone (along with his haters, tbf).

Others have explained it far better than I could, but the problem seems to be mismanagement more than anything.
    Last edited by phonogram12; 03-21-2024 at 09:07 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Astonishing Member

While I wouldn't say it's def just you, I'm not sure where you're getting your information from. His sizeable fanbase is evident just on these boards alone (along with his haters, tbf).

Others have explained it far better than I could, but the problem seems to be mismanagement more than anything.
    This is very true!

Tim has been mismanaged...so has Bette, Luke, Duke, Helena, Damian's friends (yes, he has some!), and a few hundred other characters.

IP mismanagement is standard operating procedure at DC.

Hating any character is really a waste of time. Attention paid to Tim is not attention denied Damian or Jason or Richard or Stephanie. Ineptitude is problem and that's not the fault of any comic book character.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 03-21-2024 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Spun out would imo imply that there was something in Batman that set up the plot of Tim's series (like the current Catwoman Arc was set up in Gotham War or the last Batwoman Series was set up by thin Kaiju cross over story), but that was iirc not the case.

The only thing that led up to the series was the coming out story in Batman Urban Legends, and that wasn't even the main story in that anthology (that was the Red Hood Cheer Story).

And neither his appearances in Batman or Nightwing were in any shape connected with the plot of his own series.
    Batman reintroduced Tim as Robin again to the Batman audience and even featured back ups, then continued to featured him as a regular. Can’t remember any new series getting that kind of acknowledgment from the main Batman series.

Look at his sales, his trend, the lack of merchandise, the lack of outside prospects and even interest. You claim Tim’s fanbase is evident but where exactly is it evident. I think it’s pretty evident the problem extends beyond just mismanagement which there is tangible evidence to. While others just try to dismiss everything as hate and don’t really provided any evidence to the contrary.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-21-2024 at 11:06 AM.

Urban Legends dropped Drake and brought back Tim as Robin before Zdarsky. He even showed up as Robin when the older Robins went to the Lazarus Tournament to talk to Damian.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    This is very true!

Tim has been mismanaged...so has Bette, Luke, Duke, Helena, Damian's friends (yes, he has some!), and a few hundred other characters.

IP mismanagement is standard operating procedure at DC.

Hating any character is really a waste of time. Attention paid to Tim is not attention denied Damian or Jason or Richard or Stephanie. Ineptitude is problem and that's not the fault of any comic book character.
    You guys act like Tim was shot in head or being positioned to be their next Lex Luther. The fact is attention paid to Tim is attention denied to others as resources are limited and DC doesn’t like to distract, and in other cases like with Steph it meant attention paid to Tim equaled negative attention given to her. Tim doesn’t exists in a vacuum. Especially when they are trying to split a brand between him. There is a overreaching cause and effect to his pushes and flops.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-21-2024 at 11:01 AM.