Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Green Lantern is more an exception then the rule. Not convinced the plan was to do a Batman and Robin book and the Tim book, as the main series doesn’t really reflect that, but a response to Gunn coming out and saying he wants to do a Batman and Robin movie. They couldn’t just launch another Robin book after Tim’s bomb either as stores would now use that as an order basis.
    If Gunn's plans had any impact on currently published DC series then we'd have series for Creature Commandos, Supergirl, Booster Gold, Swamp Thing and The Authority right now. And they would have used the Brave and the Bold title as the Batman/Robin team-up book instead of it being an anthology series.

Gunn's choices had jack to do with the current Batman and Robin book.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    If Gunn's plans had any impact on currently published DC series then we'd have series for Creature Commandos, Supergirl, Booster Gold, Swamp Thing and The Authority right now. And they would have used the Brave and the Bold title as the Batman/Robin team-up book instead of it being an anthology series.

Gunn's choices had jack to do with the current Batman and Robin book.
    We did see a Supergirl book, they're doing reprints of Frankenstein with Creature Commando banners, Waller and Peacemaker are now up front and center in book all over, and we will probably see series for the others as their projects come closer to fruition. The issue with Robin was they were going against the grain of where Robin was going by making Tim Robin again and therefor had to course correct sooner rather then later. I don't think it was coincidence that after the news came out Tim's book was canceled so quickly, despite being representation, and Batman and Robin was then put together despite the main series plot. Gunn's plans is going to have impact on publication, we are already seeing it, and we are most likely going to see it more and more.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-16-2024 at 09:51 AM.

We did see a Supergirl book, they're doing reprints of Frankenstein with Creature Commando banners, Waller and Peacemaker are now up front and center in book all over, and we will probably see series for the others as their projects come closer to fruition. The issue with Robin was they were going against the grain of where Robin was going by making Tim Robin again and therefor had to course correct sooner rather then later. I don't think it was coincidence that after the news came out Tim's book was canceled so quickly, despite being representation, and Batman and Robin was then put together despite the main series plot. Gunn's plans is going to have impact on publication, we are already seeing it, and we are most likely going to see it more and more.
    Reprints are the bare minimum and aren't impactful to currently running stories. The last Supergirl series ended in 2022 months before Gunn took over. Waller and Peacemaker were being pushed prominently around the time the Peacemaker show started, and Gunn wasn't running the entire cinema franchise at that point, only his properties (The Suicide Squad, Peacemaker).

Media cross-over is bound to happen as we get closer to his film's releases because both Marvel and DC can help themselves despite it never working, but the current directions of both Tim and Damian have zero to do with Gunn.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

The sales for volume 2 of Tim Drake Robin which came out today

Sellers Rank
    #114,004 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #257 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #347 in Mystery, Thriller & Crime Manga
    #1,381 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    The sales for volume 2 of Tim Drake Robin which came out today

Sellers Rank
    #114,004 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #257 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #347 in Mystery, Thriller & Crime Manga
    #1,381 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    I'm pretty sure these positions are terrbile for the first day.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Yeah they are for sure.

Mighty Member

#228,554 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #585 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #605 in Mystery, Thriller & Crime Manga

Ranking now

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    #228,554 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #585 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #605 in Mystery, Thriller & Crime Manga

Ranking now
    It isn't necessary to show the rankings everyday. It's already pretty clear Tim Drake Robin is selling horrible as volumes too.

Honestly, the terrible sales for Tim Drake Robin makes clear to me that the fast cancellation isn't related to Gunn plans or Batman abd Robin. It's just likely that the sales were so terrible, DC won't mantain that comic anymore.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-17-2024 at 03:57 PM.

Ultimate Member

It isn't necessary to show the rankings everyday. It's already pretty clear Tim Drake Robin is selling horrible as volumes too.

Honestly, the terrible sales for Tim Drake Robin makes clear to me that the fast cancellation isn't related to Gunn plans or Batman abd Robin. It's just likely that the sales were so terrible, DC won't mantain that comic anymore.
    I believe Fitzmartin said that.

The 257 number no.

Actually the numbers on Amazon are now

#79,429 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #137 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #220 in Mystery, Thriller & Crime Manga
    #794 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Which is higher than Superman Action Comics 1: Rise of Metallo and X-Men Red. So are those book failures too?

Or is it proof that nothing is clear except folks want this guy GONE.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

The 257 number no.

Which is higher than Superman Action Comics 1: Rise of Metallo and X-Men Red. So are those book failures too?

Those wee released a month ago though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

The 257 number no.

I mean, there is a reason why I said "numbers are terrible for the first day". If you will compare the positions, it should be another first day releases (not books released one month ago as the examples you put).

I said the position for Tim Drake Robin volume in the first day is terrible, because the positions are going to fall as the days go by, so it is pretty bad that it starts so low from the first day.
    Last edited by Konja7; 04-17-2024 at 07:26 PM.

Mighty Member

I mean, there is a reason why I said "numbers are terrible for the first day". If you will compare the positions, it should be another first day releases (not books released one month ago as the examples you put).

I said the position for Tim Drake Robin volume in the first day is terrible, because the positions are going to fall as the days go by, so it is pretty bad that it starts so low from the first day.
    Justice league dark rebirth released today

Sellers Rank #8,217 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #4 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #50 in Horror Manga (Books)
    #52 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

For Batman White Knight generation joker

Sellers Rank #11,002 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
    #8 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #22 in Mystery, Thriller & Crime Manga
    #70 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

For Superboy Man of Tomorrow on the day it was released a month ago

#31 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels
    #199 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    #476 in Fantasy Manga (Books)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Tim has been my second favorite Robin since he took the role in the late 80s/early 90s (Dick is still my # 1 Robin). He carried the mantle with aplomb throughout the 1990s, and for a good dozen or more years, he was a fan favorite. However, the return of Jason Todd (though not as Robin) and the introduction of Damian Wayne (who would be Robin) really cut Tim off at the knees. Suddenly, he became doubly redundant. The character has been adrift since then.

I think what should have been done with Tim after Jason's return and the introduction of Damian was to have Tim replace Barbara as Oracle after Barbara returned to being Batgirl. Fans seem to have forgotten that Tim was very much the computer geek in his early years.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Tim has been my second favorite Robin since he took the role in the late 80s/early 90s (Dick is still my # 1 Robin). He carried the mantle with aplomb throughout the 1990s, and for a good dozen or more years, he was a fan favorite. However, the return of Jason Todd (though not as Robin) and the introduction of Damian Wayne (who would be Robin) really cut Tim off at the knees. Suddenly, he became doubly redundant. The character has been adrift since then.

I think what should have been done with Tim after Jason's return and the introduction of Damian was to have Tim replace Barbara as Oracle after Barbara returned to being Batgirl. Fans seem to have forgotten that Tim was very much the computer geek in his early years.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Isn't this redundancy on top of redundancy. Oracle doesn't need a replacement anymore then Nightwing.

Isn't this redundancy on top of redundancy. Oracle doesn't need a replacement anymore then Nightwing.
    It's kind of an inevitable outcome when more and more bat-characters keep getting added without as many leaving - they start cannibalizing each other, in a way. I mean, unless they hold a specific role that is more unique (then it's more a case of if the audience will take to them or not), but when you start piling Robins or Batgirls on top of each other...

IMHO 3 Batgirls is alright, kind of at the limit though because any more and the redundancy starts to hit - but there are too many Robins which is why Tim and Duke aren't doing so well.