Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Is Tim really that hated? Tried looking for it on the web and most of the criticism I found was along the lines of "good character who's suffered from bad writing lately," with a few "how could anyone hate Tim?" social media posts. Obviously, no character is universally liked, so you will find people who don't like him for various reasons, but, so far as I can tell, Tim Drake is one of the most loved Batman characters out there.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Is Tim really that hated? Tried looking for it on the web and most of the criticism I found was along the lines of "good character who's suffered from bad writing lately," with a few "how could anyone hate Tim?" social media posts. Obviously, no character is universally liked, so you will find people who don't like him for various reasons, but, so far as I can tell, Tim Drake is one of the most loved Batman characters out there.
    There are a few posters around here who would obviously prefer you think otherwise, apparently.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    There are a few posters around here who would obviously prefer you think otherwise, apparently.
    Funny, you'd think they'd they'd want to focus more on how the character is liked than not.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

I don't think Tim is hated, at least not to the extent that Damian was in his early years.

Tim just simply is a character, for better or worse. Setting aside the possible "homophobia/bi-phobia" angle, Tim doesn't have the stories to support him, nor does he have a role to fill.

People like to point to Damian as replacing Tim, but I would actually argue that it is Jason that has replaced Tim. Tim couldn't just graduate into being what Dick is (successful former sidekick, respected leader, prototype Robin, etc), and he was never going to be Bruce's true successor (Damian has both the biological connection, as well as that tragic/damaged aspect of Bruce that Tim lacks).

The only way forward for Tim would have been to be a kind of a repudiation of the Batman method, and that is something that, once Jason Todd was resurrected and he became more of a hero than a villain, closed off that pathway for Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Have you tried the anti Tim drake tag on tumblr or simply searching Tim Drake on reddit?

there's a reddit equivalent of this thread which might offer insight.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I don't think Tim is hated, at least not to the extent that Damian was in his early years.

Tim just simply is a character, for better or worse. Setting aside the possible "homophobia/bi-phobia" angle, Tim doesn't have the stories to support him, nor does he have a role to fill.

People like to point to Damian as replacing Tim, but I would actually argue that it is Jason that has replaced Tim. Tim couldn't just graduate into being what Dick is (successful former sidekick, respected leader, prototype Robin, etc), and he was never going to be Bruce's true successor (Damian has both the biological connection, as well as that tragic/damaged aspect of Bruce that Tim lacks).

The only way forward for Tim would have been to be a kind of a repudiation of the Batman method, and that is something that, once Jason Todd was resurrected and he became more of a hero than a villain, closed off that pathway for Tim.
    He could still quit being a superhero.