Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    The way Brevoort and some creators have talked, I'm not 100% sure the X-office even knows who is writing these books or what they're about yet. I think they just have plans to add them down the line.
    Gail mentioned the creative teams for the Storm and Phoenix books being "amazing", so we can assume creators are in place. But most importantly, I find it unlikely for Marvel to only have a couple of X-books out each month from July - I think all creators are in place and the other books will launch concurrently to the core books, they just haven't released the details yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Gail mentioned the creative teams for the Storm and Phoenix books being "amazing", so we can assume creators are in place. But most importantly, I find it unlikely for Marvel to only have a couple of X-books out each month from July - I think all creators are in place and the other books will launch concurrently to the core books, they just haven't released the details yet.
    Yeah especially for a wide X-Men launch like this there has got to be more.

I really, really hope they have R.B. Silva on one of the upcoming titles.

I think you're right. As of right now I believe we only have X-Men, two issues of Heir of Apocalypse, and two Blood Hunt tie-in's coming out in July.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Yup, me too

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but is the original NYX still considered canon? I don’t recall seeing many mentions of Laura’s past as a sex worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but is the original NYX still considered canon? I don’t recall seeing many mentions of Laura’s past as a sex worker.
    It's come up a few times; it was explicitly referenced in Marjorie Liu's run, and was subtlety acknowledged in All New Wolverine.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    It's come up a few times; it was explicitly referenced in Marjorie Liu's run, and was subtlety acknowledged in All New Wolverine.
    Thanks!
    I love the NYX name but the series itself can be quite controversial, so I'm surprised they're bringing it back. Especially if it's in association with a character like Ms Marvel who has a very curated image.

Thanks!
    I love the NYX name but the series itself can be quite controversial, so I'm surprised they're bringing it back. Especially if it's in association with a character like Ms Marvel who has a very curated image.
    I have a feeling it's more along the lines of how they used villain team names like Marauders and Hellions in the Krakoan era.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I have a feeling it's more along the lines of how they used villain team names like Marauders and Hellions in the Krakoan era.
    Probably. But it’s funny/tragic to imagine a young Kamala fan looking up the original series only to find Laura’s introduction being a scene where a client says “she’s the best at what she does” right after they had sex. While she was a minor. Quesada’s writing was a choice.

From Bleeding Cool

To reiterate, this is all that Bleeding Cool has heard (or pieced together) that hasn't been confirmed.

X-Factor by Alex Paknadel
    Phoenix by Stephanie Phillips
    Wolverine by Saladin Ahmed and Greg Capullo
    X-Force by Declan Shalvey
    That’s the meaty part above, but with a lot more here: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/more...d-speculation/

Which means most likely the X-Force book is indeed Mystique led. Interesting…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    From Bleeding Cool

That’s the meaty part above, but with a lot more here: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/more...d-speculation/

I think Rich just reshuffled what he had shared before but with different titles. It doesn't necessarily mean he's not right, especially since the rest was basically correct... but it's basically the same rumour as last week, with an added educated guess on the books' names.

From Bleeding Cool

Just my opinion but I don't think Marvel will get Greg Capullo and not use him with a big writer. I'll be shocked if its really saladin. But then again, this relaunch has shown to lean towards art over scripts

From Bleeding Cool

I'm not sure if Shalvey's book really is X-force because he mentioned something that seemed like the project wasn't really longterm. I can see a Mystique book being a mini, but there's no way they don't intend X-force to be an ongoing...

Incredible Member

I'm not sure if Shalvey's book really is X-force because he mentioned something that seemed like the project wasn't really longterm. I can see a Mystique book being a mini, but there's no way they don't intend X-force to be an ongoing...
    Shalvey could mean the return of Banshee.