Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bgred37 View Post
    Could Nicezia end up back on X-Force? That would get me excited to get back to the 90's version of the team over the more recent black ops.... or he could make both versions relevant today.
    Yes please. And I hope he brings some mutant New Warriors with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    If NYX is really Kamala's new book they should hurry up cuz things are looking dry for that character.
    We don't know her main home yet, but she is being used. She was mentioned in the announcement for Infinity Watch, so she'll be getting an annual there, and she's also solicited to appear in two of the spider books in May. She actually seems to be a recurring character in Miles's book now (the other one is Spectacular Spider-Men, with a plot involving Peter, Miles, and Gwen) - if they want to push their friendship, then Marvel should just bring back Champions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Thanks!
    I love the NYX name but the series itself can be quite controversial, so I'm surprised they're bringing it back. Especially if it's in association with a character like Ms Marvel who has a very curated image.
    Notably NYX is the only one with a brand new logo (based on the main X-Men one).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-21-2024 at 07:34 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Shalvey on Banshee... maybe in NYX... would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    We don't know her main home yet, but she is being used. She was mentioned in the announcement for Infinity Watch, so she'll be getting an annual there, and she's also solicited to appear in two of the spider books in May. She actually seems to be a recurring character in Miles's book now (the other one is Spectacular Spider-Men, with a plot involving Peter, Miles, and Gwen) - if they want to push their friendship, then Marvel should just bring back Champions.
    Notably NYX is the only one with a brand new logo (based on the main X-Men one).
    Marvel should just bring back Champions
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Marvel should just bring back Champions
    I agree, but I think that there are legal issues with Marvel using the name. They let the copyright expire in the 80s and had to make a deal to use it back in 2017 from some forgettable company that gained the naming rights.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I agree, but I think that there are legal issues with Marvel using the name. They let the copyright expire in the 80s and had to make a deal to use it back in 2017 from some forgettable company that gained the naming rights.
    I think those issues were resolved before the launch of the book by Waid though
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

They were, yes. In fact Spider-Woman is introducing a team the solicits call New Champions, so they clearly can still use the name. Though the Web of Spider-Man one-shot indicates they've been renamed The Assembly - which gives me hope they might have plans for Kamala's Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

With Nicieza saying X-Force should be about the younger generation joining together to form a middle ground between Xavier and Magneto, it could be fun to see Mystique leading a paramilitary squad from the Academy X generation.
    Last edited by TheRealWashout; 03-29-2024 at 01:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Now that we know the cast of the 3 X-Men teams, there are quite a few core X-Men missing.

Since the teams so far have little surprises, besides Oya and some new characters, will these 3 stores have more obvious ones, or will those casts actually have surprising characters on it?

We are missing the obvious suspects like Iceman, Archangel, Bishop, Askani, Havok, Polaris, Betsy, Hope. Also ones like lesser obvious ones like Forge, Sage, Frenzy, Dazzler and all former New Mutants, as well as the New X-Men kids.

So what's your bets for X-Factor, X-Force and NYX?

I think and hope for this;

X-Factor: Havok, Polaris, Mystique, Iceman, Bishop, Forge

X-Force: Cable, Archangel and some former New Mutants
    I like that X-Factor lineup add in Maddy (because her and Alex are a matched set right now) and say Sunspot and Sage and it would be my favorite.

NYX -Madelyne, Havok, Phantazia, Maggott, Fatale, Reaper and Emplate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    With the Limbo embassy being in NYC at the moment Alex and Maddy being in NYX makes sense. I might throw in Sage who has a NYC feel from the Hellfire Club days, Sunspot because of the Stock exchange, Bishop because he's just cool and Polaris just to stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Throw in Solarr with his "moon" look from X-Men '92: House Of Xcii
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

when do you all think we will find out about these next few titles?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    when do you all think we will find out about these next few titles?
    maybe TPTB are waiting to see whose absence in the first set of releases is most clamored about? Then in reaction they will cast the remaining titles.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    With Nicieza saying X-Force should be about the younger generation joining together to form a middle ground between Xavier and Magneot, it could be fun to see Mystique leading a paramilitary squad from the Academy X generation.
    That was Liefeld

https://www.cbr.com/rob-liefeld-expl...orce-creation/

I just felt like somewhere between Xavier's pacifists views and Magneto's terrorist views there had to be an activist view. So you had pacifist and terrorist, and I introduced a much more aggressive arm of the X-Men.
    Frankly undermining Xavier's pacificism and edging the X-Men closer to Magneto unironically is what lead to Krakoa and a mutant first ethnostate.