Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Teen Titans Live Action Movie is happening!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ie-1235853170/

It’s go time for the Teen Titans.

The DC heroes, which began as the teenaged sidekicks of their more famous and iconic counterparts, are getting their own live-action feature from the James Gunn and Peter Safran-led DC Studios.

The comic book movie division of Warner Bros. Discovery has tapped Ana Nogueira to pen the screenplay for the project. The hiring further ensconces the actress and playwright-turned scribe into the DC family as she is already writing Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow for the label.

SO many ways this could go wrong but, I’ll be cautiously optimistic for now.

Teen Titans as "sidekicks forming their own team" would be surprising since none of the heroes aside from Batman will have been introduced yet, let alone their sidekicks. Will they go with the "New" team with Raven, Cyborg etc?

I really just want Dick, Raven, Kori, Wally, Vic, Donna, and Gar. Maybe Garth and Speedy too. I don't want characters like Damian or Kara in there but I'm worried it's going to be something like that, a mixture of old and new generations..
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Isn't Dick being reserved for The Batman 2?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tim as Robin.

IMHO if they use Dick, I hope he's Nightwing.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Isn't Dick being reserved for The Batman 2?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tim as Robin.

IMHO if they use Dick, I hope he's Nightwing.
    Tim can have his Young Justice group back since the animated series is pretty much over with.

Give me a Teen Titans origins film, with some New Teen Titans mixed in. If Dick is Nightwing, or becomes Nightwing, I wouldn't mind Jason as Robin, if only as an Easter Egg or short time. But I don't want it much beyond that. I imagine they'll go the animated series cast as the core group, plus a couple more.

What if they use Damian? He'll have been established in the Batman movie, so that makes some sense even though it'd likely PO a bunch of comic book fans.

I can also imagine Damian being 13-14 and Dick being 18-19, so between the Batman and TT movies, this will show Dick's transition from Robin to Nightwing.

It might be kind of fun if they did this movie in different eras.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What if they use Damian? He'll have been established in the Batman movie, so that makes some sense even though it'd likely PO a bunch of comic book fans.

I can also imagine Damian being 13-14 and Dick being 18-19, so between the Batman and TT movies, this will show Dick's transition from Robin to Nightwing.
    I'd still rather not. Because Damian's runs in the Teen Titans comics did not go well. Animated films aside (which skipped Jason and Tim, and did the re-aging of Raven, BB, etc), Damian has done best with his own personal friends in small groups, and not really in full hero groups.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Teen Titans as "sidekicks forming their own team" would be surprising since none of the heroes aside from Batman will have been introduced yet, let alone their sidekicks. Will they go with the "New" team with Raven, Cyborg etc?
    Who knows who will be introduced between now and a TT movie it'll probably be 4 or 5 years before this is made.

Astonishing Member

Has to have a real powerful Raven, not the ineffectual, disturbed one on the TV show. Also, an emphasis on trying to make a 'Robin' relevant in superpowered fights is so silly and boring.

I question whether they might be jumping the gun going straight to the Titans but they are one of the more consistent popular/recognizable DC properties.

I can't help but think this is just going to be a live-action version of the DCAMU Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Who knows who will be introduced between now and a TT movie it'll probably be 4 or 5 years before this is made.
    Apparently everybody knows these days. Do you think they've already started working on a Green Arrow, Wonder Woman or Aquaman movie that nobody knows about? Obvs we can't say for sure, we can only speculate based the info that's been released and what else are we gonna do in a fan forum?

Knowing Gunn, it could just as easily be Ravager leading Jericho, Gnarrk, Baby Wildebeest, Pantha, Kole, and a de-aged Atom.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Knowing Gunn, it could just as easily be Ravager leading Jericho, Gnarrk, Baby Wildebeest, Pantha, Kole, and a de-aged Atom.
    I don't think even Gunn would think they could pull that roster off .