Incredible Member

Default No plans for a WW film anytime soon, according to Jenkins

I'm not sure we didn't already know this, but it feels a little sad for it to be so bluntly stated.

https://www.cbr.com/wonder-woman-pat...ns-dcu-future/

Yeah, I don't be surprised if Wonder Woman is at minimum, ten movies into this in terms of plans.
    And since I see this entire universe collapsing when Zsaslav starts canceling it for tax breaks.....

Spectacular Member

The last one was one of the worst things I have seen in my life.

Jenkins also got thrown off Star Wars, where the standard is absolutely horrific so I’m guessing the consensus is she is at best a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    The last one was one of the worst things I have seen in my life.

Jenkins also got thrown off Star Wars, where the standard is absolutely horrific so I’m guessing the consensus is she is at best a hack.
    Have you watched anything else from her besides WW1984? Monster, like Wonder Woman, was critically acclaimed and celebrated. On TV, she has directed solidly reviews episodes of I Am The Night, Arrested Development and The Killing. The fact that ONE SINGLE FLOP made her pretty much lose every film she was announced for after the roaring success of WW, while 90 % of white male directors in Hollywood can get movie offer after movie offer (and have thriving careers) even after repeatedly flopping tells yo that Jenkins is just a victim of Hollywood's double standards when it comes to male v female directors. Women directors are simply NOT allowed to flop.
    Not even once.

Heck, Jenkins herself was given zero major movies to direct during the post-Monster afterglow. She had to wait 14 years for a major Hollywood player to offer her a movie to direct (WW).

And sadly, a lot of people that are NOT Hollywood players (fans, even WW fans) have totally perpetuated the belief that she is some sort of hack. No, I am not saying she is an auteur, but she is a perfectly serviceable director, like most of the men who are constantly working in Hollywood despite making flops here and there.

Incredible Member

Is it just that Gunn doesn’t like character. As it seems Diana wont be in the HBO Amazons series.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Is it just that Gunn doesn’t like character. As it seems Diana wont be in the HBO Amazons series.
    Probably the fact that:
    A. she's a female
    B. They feel like she had her dues after having 2 films and being the face of the DCEU.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Probably the fact that:
    A. she's a female
    B. They feel like she had her dues after having 2 films and being the face of the DCEU.
    Was she really the face of the DCEU? She was the DCEU character who had the single best reviewed solo film in that franchise, but in no way was she the face of the DCEU. If WBD had done with Diana what the MCU did with Tony Stark, then she would be the face of the DCEU.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Was she really the face of the DCEU? She was the DCEU character who had the single best reviewed solo film in that franchise, but in no way was she the face of the DCEU. If WBD had done with Diana what the MCU did with Tony Stark, then she would be the face of the DCEU.
    She was definitely the face of the DCEU. WB version vs MCU would definitely vary.

She was set for a 3rd film before Gunn rebooted.
    6 appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She was definitely the face of the DCEU. WB version vs MCU would definitely vary.

She was set for a 3rd film before Gunn rebooted.
    6 appearances
    I kinda see what you mean, but it seems to me that frequency of appearances is not necessarily a better thing. Don't get me wrong; I am not complaining about Diana showing up a lot throughout the DCEU. I just wish that many of these appearances had established a...stronger, more central role in the universe. For one, the horrid showing she had in JL would NOT happen. If I had been the architect of the DCEU, the Trinity would've indeed been the pillars of the whole endeavor, but since Diana was established as the first superhero ever, I would have made her the Tony Stark of the DCEU. Meaning, not only would she be the one that gathered all the heroes to fight Darkseid, and the one who inspired everybody to be their best selves and do their best, but after everyone fought valiantly and tirelessly to defend the earth, it would be her, Wonder Woman, who landed the 'killing blow' to Darkseid.

However, we all know that with how DC has always been in regard to Wonder Woman, that would never be greenlit. It would probably be Batman and Superman who get the glory, with Wonder Woman being incapacitated at some point as a preamble to the boys rescuing her and saving the day.
    Last edited by HestiasHearth; 03-18-2024 at 12:15 AM.