Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Artemis: Wanted and everything about Akila in Red Hood & The Outlaws. Chaninging her from a pacifist scholar into an interchangeable rival for Artemis who is killed off twice was a waste and loaded with racist implications.

Quote Originally Posted by bardkeep View Post
    Hippolyta's recent death was completely pointless and infuriating, made worse by the fact that it happened literally one issue after the first time they were actually able to show her and Philippus as lovers. It felt like they'd done it to set up something big and then it went nowhere...sort of the story of the entire Cloonan/Conrad era tbh. But I wouldn't put it here, just because I don't think it'll have a huge lasting impact. I suspect either DC will have another reboot or a future writer will bring her back to life.

To answer the original prompt: It's tempting to say whatever issue in Azzarello's run established the Zeus origin and issue #7 with the rape pirate Amazons reveal. But honestly I think the Max Lord stuff is really what set the course for everything that's gone wrong with the character.

I'd also cut the two really iffy story bits in Perez's run - the Heracles redemption arc (or at least the Heracles/Hippolyta kiss) and the Bana-Mighdall arc. They're huge stains on such an incredible run.
    To be clear, do you mean removing the Bana entirely or changing how they're depicted?

Breaking the rules a little, but I'd retcon WW1984 into being a good movie

Rebirth
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Oh, my god, another controversial takes thread no, why, please, stop it, have some mercy

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Wonder Woman by Brian Azarello and Cliff Chiang Omnibus.

If that doesn't count, I would erase Wonder Woman Vol 4 #3 where we learn Diana's father is Zeus. A pity that Diana being Zeus daughter and the Amazons being rapists weren't revealed in the same issue.
    I second that.

But a close second would be this-

http://talkingtothevoid.blogspot.com...s-fail-me.html

Came across this scene while browsing Guy_McNights blog. I don't know the issue but this has to be one of WW's worst moments ever.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    I second that.

But a close second would be this-

http://talkingtothevoid.blogspot.com...s-fail-me.html

Came across this scene while browsing Guy_McNights blog. I don't know the issue but this has to be one of WW's worst moments ever.
    To be fair, that Superman/Wonder Woman comic wasn't any good

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Breaking the rules a little, but I'd retcon WW1984 into being a good movie
    Can we make the film be about Dr. Psycho and Silver Swan instead of Max Lord & Cheetah?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    To be fair, that Superman/Wonder Woman comic wasn't any good
    I remember some Azzarello haters actually said that WW was better written there.

Ooh, I know! Flashpoint. This way we get rid of Daddy Zeus, SuperWonder, rapists Amazons and the rest of New 52 nonsense in one fell swoop.

Honestly the tricky bit with this entire logic train is trying to predict how things would go if a specific story was excised from continuity. The ripple effects would be wild for some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Can we make the film be about Dr. Psycho and Silver Swan instead of Max Lord & Cheetah?
    Well done! Logical fix.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

For me, it'd be a toss-up between erasing Daddy Zeus and erasing Nubia is no longer Diana's sister who is also made from clay. I suppose those stories are kind of linked as making Diana an illegitimate daughter of Big Daddy Zeus also made it so Diana and Nubia cannot be true sisters.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

The REVENGE OF THE GODS should have been the 'revenge of Janus'. I woulll

ROTG should have returned Janus to the pages of WW to cement her as her second major supervillain to Ares or Clea, going forward. Janus's pursuit of dominion over time, at the expense of wiping the present and parallel reality, puts her squarely in Wonder Woman's mission path, in a way her on-going thing with Circe or Cheetah doesn't. Diana's a champion of love and freedom, things threatened by Janus's reality-mangling.

I think the pages and time ROTG took to re-establish a grand enmity with Hera, warmed over from the Azzarello run, might have been better invested in developing Janus.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-31-2024 at 11:42 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Well done! Logical fix.
    I always thought that Max & Cheetah's dynamic in the movie would've been best served by Psycho and the Swan, not to mention that using the flying villain would have been thematically aligned with the screenplay's use of flying as a central motif.
    Also, I have always wanted to see George Perez' highly cinematic Silver Swan-destroys-ferris-wheel scene in live-action. I think that would have been fricking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    For me, it'd be a toss-up between erasing Daddy Zeus and erasing Nubia is no longer Diana's sister who is also made from clay. I suppose those stories are kind of linked as making Diana an illegitimate daughter of Big Daddy Zeus also made it so Diana and Nubia cannot be true sisters.
    That was her OG origin story, I guess that's the same when they brought her back too? Weird