Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Beast Boy/Changeling

Has there ever been a more inconsistent, editorially misunderstood character?

What age is he? What size is he? What’s his personality post-Marv Wolfman?

Astonishing Member

Age- Late teens- early twenties

Size- varies

Personality (post Wolfman)- Johns tried to make him more 'mature' and failed. Usually written as a Party dude/ manchild with pathos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJS View Post
    Has there ever been a more inconsistent, editorially misunderstood character?
    Power Girl, Hawkman, Donna Troy, Raven ... Garfield is in good company for bad treatment

All-New Member

Why is Beast Boy always useless in Raven's arc? He never had a magnificent role in her arc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluelolly View Post
    Why is Beast Boy always useless in Raven's arc? He never had a magnificent role in her arc.
    Well in the first couple of raven arcs like this they weren’t close and she was older than him .
    Right now he’s feeling self defeated and is vulnerable .

Also there are character better suited

I actually prefer the name Changeling for Gar. Beast Boy seems such a step back in the character's growth. I think Changeling is a more adult and sophisticated name.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I actually prefer the name Changeling for Gar. Beast Boy seems such a step back in the character's growth. I think Changeling is a more adult and sophisticated name.

Peace
    I totally agree and I just don't the character actually wanting to go back to the codename he used when he was a little kid. Of course the only reason DC did it is because of the Teen Titans cartoon. I don't get why it's stuck ever since. Changeling is so much cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I totally agree and I just don't the character actually wanting to go back to the codename he used when he was a little kid. Of course the only reason DC did it is because of the Teen Titans cartoon. I don't get why it's stuck ever since. Changeling is so much cooler.
    Funnily enough, here in Brazil, he's still called by the localized name "Mutano" for his Changeling identity. The cartoon also dubbed him as Mutano.

They never reverted to calling him "Rapaz Fera" in the comics here, probably because it sounds even lamer when translated into Portuguese.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I guess because it fits how people envision the character?

Gar had already reverted back to the "Beast Boy" name before the cartoon. His Geoff Johns mini back in the year 2000 was titled that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Funnily enough, here in Brazil, he's still called by the localized name "Mutano" for his Changeling identity. The cartoon also dubbed him as Mutano.

They never reverted to calling him "Rapaz Fera" in the comics here, probably because it sounds even lamer when translated into Portuguese.
    I also like the name in Portuguese.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    Gar had already reverted back to the "Beast Boy" name before the cartoon. His Geoff Johns mini back in the year 2000 was titled that way.
    You're correct but until now I thought the cartoon came out then that mini came out right afterwards. I was only off by 3 years.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Power Girl, Hawkman, Donna Troy, Raven ... Garfield is in good company for bad treatment
    The real question is why Raven lacks agency in her own arcs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The real question is why Raven lacks agency in her own arcs.
    Scarlet witch effect

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Scarlet witch effect
    Wanda went rogue once and became a pariah for a bit in universe and in the eyes of fans. Raven has gone rogue multiple time now and somehow avoided pariah status in the eyes of fans.