Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where are Atlas, Mach-X, and Songbird?

These three were the most heroic of the much popular at the time Thunderbolts.

Strange they haven’t been in any stories in years.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Not sure where they are, but they need to be putting together a new iteration of the T-Bolts.

I’d love to see them as the Big 3 of that team.

Well, the thunderbolts movie an actress in a mystery role has been for a year rumored to be songbird so if it's her she may start showing up again to promote the movie.

With a new a-force she could make a good new member.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    These three were the most heroic of the much popular at the time Thunderbolts.

Strange they haven’t been in any stories in years.
    Yeah, I don't think any of them have shown up in a significant role since Zub's first Thunderbolts run finished. Zub had a second run later but the roster was completely different (Hawkeye and Luke Cage being the returning ones that time, instead of the original team) and the other two runs since then were also different teams (one controlled by Kingpin and the other by Bucky) which didn't include Melissa, Abner, or Atlas.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They aren't in any current Thunderbolts material because they aren't going to be in the movies. That's the downside of synergy.

It's a shame because I love the classic Thunderbolts characters and would loyally follow any books with them in it. Last time I read something with Atlas in it was the Giant-Man comic. I haven't seen Songbird in ages and miss her. Bring back the Thunderbolts!

Off topic but have Rogue and Songbird ever met in the comics? They have such a similar vibe. Both coming from bad home life get recruited by an older villain join a villain team, do bad stuff, go through redemption and become heroes and most of all the hair. Look at Rogue and Songbird's white hair! There is a connection. How have these two not crossed paths more often if ever. I wanna say the same for Emma Frost and Moonstone. They are so similar and yet I can't recall them ever being in the same room together.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    They aren't in any current Thunderbolts material because they aren't going to be in the movies. That's the downside of synergy.
    Is there an upside?

Peace

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Is there an upside?

Peace
    Save money from not buying.
    "Cable was right!"

https://screenrant.com/marvel-thunde...wanathan-cast/

Ayo Edebiri has exited from Marvel Studios' Thunderbolts due to scheduling conflicts, with Geraldine Viswanathan (Miracle Workers) set to replace Edebiri in a mystery role.
    While Kirkman helped confirm that Yeun was initially set to play Sentry in Marvel's Thunderbolts, Edebiri's role in the film, which will now be played by Viswanathan, remains a secret. The actress was rumored to play Songbird in Thunderbolts. In the comics, the character was one of the founding members of the team, so her presence in the MCU movie would make sense. With production on Thunderbolts starting in the next couple of months, Viswanathan's mystery role could be revealed soon.

Is there an upside?

Peace
    Mostly lower tier characters getting their names out there and getting merch. Seriously I didn't even know characters like Yelena Belova, Shang Chi or any character in Guardians of the Galaxy even existed before synergy. I thought Yelena was a movie exclusive. Synergy is a double edge sword for Marvel characters.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 03-18-2024 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Save money from not buying.
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Mostly lower tier characters getting their names out there and getting merch. Seriously I didn't even know characters like Yelena Belova, Shang Chi or any character in Guardians of the Galaxy even existed before synergy. I thought Yelena was a movie exclusive. Synergy is a double edge sword for Marvel characters.
    The problem is, most of the time, the characters presented in the MCU have NOTHING to do with the characters in the comics. Take for exemple Shang Chi. After the movie, which, personally, I found one of the worst in the MCU, I told the true story of Shang Chi (a spy thriller in which a father trains his son to be the most lethal weapon alive, and, always pretending to be a benefactor to humanity, be it to earn the son's loyalty or because everybody is always the hero in their own story, sends the son to kill one of his worst enemies. When he goes to execute his orders, Shang Chi finds out that he is merely the coup de grâce, for his father had already completely destroyed his adversary's life. Finally taking conscience of who his father really was, Shang Chi decides to join his father's enemies in destroying his worldwide criminal empire, in a complex and difficult endeavour, with many twists and turns and GREAT action, and the greatest irony of all is that his father, Fu Manchu, which Marvel probably would have some rights issues to use, actually created the weapon that would destroy him) to my nephews, who, having lower standards than me, had actually liked the film, they said: "Wow! Why didn't they do THAT? That's much better than the man-baby with mommy and daddy issues that we got!" (Okay, that last part might have been more me than them.) For me, the biggest problem of this synergy that everyone talks about is that it's flowing in the wrong direction. Instead of using as basis for the movies 40 plus years of tried and tested sucessful stories, that have survived the test of time and have recieved many acolades, they are re-writing the comics just to fit the narratives of less quality and acolades of the films and Disney + series, many of which are REALLY bad. But, that's just me. I respect if you feel differently. I just couldn't resist the joke.

Peace

LOL.

The problem is, most of the time, the characters presented in the MCU have NOTHING to do with the characters in the comics. Take for exemple Shang Chi. After the movie, which, personally, I found one of the worst in the MCU, I told the true story of Shang Chi (a spy thriller in which a father trains his son to be the most lethal weapon alive, and, always pretending to be a benefactor to humanity, be it to earn the son's loyalty or because everybody is always the hero in their own story, sends the son to kill one of his worst enemies. When he goes to execute his orders, Shang Chi finds out that he is merely the coup de grâce, for his father had already completely destroyed his adversary's life. Finally taking conscience of who his father really was, Shang Chi decides to join his father's enemies in destroying his worldwide criminal empire, in a complex and difficult endeavour, with many twists and turns and GREAT action, and the greatest irony of all is that his father, Fu Manchu, which Marvel probably would have some rights issues to use, actually created the weapon that would destroy him) to my nephews, who, having lower standards than me, had actually liked the film, they said: "Wow! Why didn't they do THAT? That's much better than the man-baby with mommy and daddy issues that we got!" (Okay, that last part might have been more me than them.) For me, the biggest problem of this synergy that everyone talks about is that it's flowing in the wrong direction. Instead of using as basis for the movies 40 plus years of tried and tested sucessful stories, that have survived the test of time and have recieved many acolades, they are re-writing the comics just to fit the narratives of less quality and acolades of the films and Disney + series, many of which are REALLY bad. But, that's just me. I respect if you feel differently. I just couldn't resist the joke.

Peace
    I definitely would've preferred they lean more into the martial arts espionage action of Masters of Kung-Fu instead of Asian mysticism for the movie.

Incredible Member

I would love to see these characters again. They have such a long, interesting history in the MU.

Extraordinary Member

Didn't Mach-X die at the end of the Thunderbolts series with the original team led by Bucky?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

LOL.

Peace
    I wasn't really addressing the quality of the movie, only that it helps get the name of less popular characters out to a broader audience. I prefer the comics and wish the movies would be as accurate as they can (Thunderbolts) but I still appreciate lesser characters getting spotlight and if it leads to fans wanting to learn more and buying a comic with them then that's great. I fully agree that the comics should not model themselves after the movies and it should be the other way around. I hate old man Hank Pym and the new Thunderbolts team deflated my interest. That's why I said it's a double edged sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Didn't Mach-X die at the end of the Thunderbolts series with the original team led by Bucky?
    Is he dead? I hope not. I mean I haven't seen anything with him recently but I could say the same about Songbird too

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

A lot of the problem with movie synergy, I'd say, is that the makers expect the movie audience to do all the work of learning more about where the characters originated from and how they were originally depicted, not to mention the lack of adequate financial compensation given to the original comic creators behind the characters and stories being adapted into what's become a multibillion-dollar franchise. DC is at least doing somewhat better in the former regard, with advertising the comics that inspired their movies, which is something I think Marvel could also stand to adopt as a strategy for getting movie fans to actually buy into the original comics. More on-topic, though, I do cosign the original point of this thread --- bring back Songbird, Mach-X, and Atlas, and for a plot, have them go up against the less-redeemed (or redeemable) original Thunderbolts like Moonstone, who've gone back to the original plan of scamming the world into believing they're heroes, only doing it "smarter" this time.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 03-18-2024 at 03:46 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.