Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #243 – Jordan D. White Discusses ‘Fall of the House of X’ #3

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/18/x-...he-house-of-x/

AIPT: Welcome back to X-Men Monday, Jordan! Since we last spoke, a lot’s happened — including the announcement of X-Men #35/Uncanny X-Men #700 — the conclusion of the Krakoan era. What can you share about this mutant milestone?

(JDW talks a bit about the math of the legacy numbering)

Jordan D. White: Once we figured out that that was coming up — and this was a while back — we did sort of set that as a target goal going, “OK, that’s going to be right around the time we’re going to be wrapping up. So that would be perfect as our grand finale.” So it’s a big, oversized issue. Gerry Duggan, Kieron Gillen, and Al Ewing are all writing in it, and we have a slew of great artists lined up for it. Phil Noto, Joshua Cassara, Lucas Werneck, Stefano Caselli, Jerome Opeña, Leinil Francis Yu — Walter Simonson‘s going to help us out. We’ve got Mark Brooks and Sara Pichelli was very recently added to it. And then there are probably one or two more I can’t quite announce yet.

AIPT: So it’s not done yet.

Jordan: It’s still being worked on. We haven’t sent it to press yet. It’s really fun. There’s so much cool stuff in it. I think there are some surprises in there that people will not be expecting. And yeah, it really is the close of our Krakoan era, and I think it’s going to be a nice ending.

AIPT: And in Fall of the House of X #3, Apocalypse enters the battle. X-Men: Heir of Apocalypse was also recently announced. Does that spin out of the Fall of X or is that something else?

Jordan: Well, what I can say is that’s a project that started its existence before Tom Brevoort was lined up as the editor of the new line. It spins out of the stories that we were doing with Apocalypse, but it also hopefully sets up new stories. It’s officially coming out from folks in Tom’s office. I’m not editing, even though I kicked it off at the very, very beginning. But it’s sort of filling a bit of space between the two X-runs, and that’s what it was going to do back when I was going to be relaunching X-Men. It was so we didn’t have to launch X-Men the same month that we wrapped up this X-Men run. So instead, we said, “OK, what’s something fun and exciting we can do in the middle that moves the story forward and does an exciting thing?” We came up with Apocalypse and Steve Foxe is doing a great job of making it a really good book.

AIPT: What a nice guy. As we wrap up, what’s coming next in Rise of the Powers of X #3 and Fall of the House of X #4?

Jordan: Rise of the Powers of X #3 features an important meeting between Xavier and Moira MacTaggart, as you can see on the cover of that issue. Although, it happens a little differently on the inside than it appears on the cover.

AIPT: It seems like a pretty hostile meeting based on the cover. [Laughs]

Jordan: Well, let’s just say it’s a little different. You’ll see in what way it’s different. Then over in Fall of the House of X #3, things get even bigger from there. They’ve launched a big assault coming from Sentinel City, and we’ll find out more about that. We’ll see if Apocalypse and the cavalry he’s leading can successfully save Krakoa.

AIPT: Finally, a variant cover to Fall of the House of X #4 featuring a new Phoenix design was making the rounds last week and causing quite a stir.

Jordan: Yeah, that’s a foreshadowing cover.

AIPT: Is that foreshadowing for further along in the Fall of X or something after?

Jordan: I didn’t work on that cover, I’ll tell you that.

This week's eXclusive preview images!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

It seems JDW enjoys these interviews. It seems he enjoys his job. In that sense I feel an amount of pity for him, seeing how it’s about to disappear. In such a brutal way too. We have all read the press statements, the interviews and so on. I have no clue about the relationship between JDW and Brevoort, I’m sure they are professional, maybe even friends. Yet the way both of them have been put in this situation is pretty brutal.

I wonder what is next for JDW. Will he stay at marvel?

Its sad to let him go.

Also Krakoa

Xavier's over the shoulder goodbye is Sexy!

I wonder what the robot is from. And it sounds like heirs of apocalypse was possibly going to lead into New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It seems JDW enjoys these interviews. It seems he enjoys his job. In that sense I feel an amount of pity for him, seeing how it’s about to disappear. In such a brutal way too. We have all read the press statements, the interviews and so on. I have no clue about the relationship between JDW and Brevoort, I’m sure they are professional, maybe even friends. Yet the way both of them have been put in this situation is pretty brutal.

IIRC he'll be editing Venom and Hulk. That's a lot less than what he's been doing for a while though. But I think its all part of the job, I don't think most editors are there for a super long time. Or maybe the higher turnover at the X-office has warped that.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I wonder what the robot is from. And it sounds like heirs of apocalypse was possibly going to lead into New X-Men.

IIRC he'll be editing Venom and Hulk. That's a lot less than what he's been doing for a while though. But I think its all part of the job, I don't think most editors are there for a super long time. Or maybe the higher turnover at the X-office has warped that.
    Maybe it’s just my imagination, venom and hulk are pretty big titles, but it feels like an obvious demotion.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Man, Cassara really draws an incredible Logan.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post

I’m thinking the robot might be Wiz Kid in the Unlimited series.

Also I’ve noticed Duggan hasn’t done any of these FoX interviews, whereas the rest of the creators have. With the way his books have felt especially rushed, I’m wondering if he was most taken by surprise by the editorial change.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 03-18-2024 at 06:00 AM.

Maybe it’s just my imagination, venom and hulk are pretty big titles, but it feels like an obvious demotion.
    Oh yeah, definitely a downgrade for him. The X-office have to be one of the biggest offices in Marvel and I don't know if he would still be considered a senior editor for those books like he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m thinking the robot might be Wiz Kid in the Unlimited series.

Also I’ve noticed Duggan hasn’t done any of these FoX interviews, whereas the rest of the creators have. With the way his books have felt especially rushed, I’m wondering if he was was most taken by surprise by the editorial change.
    Could be, I forget they tease the unlimited issues too.

Duggan being rushed make sense. It certainly feels that way and he's basically doing two books to try and wrap everything up in time.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Very telling comments on the foreshadowing variant with Jean's new Phoenix look. I assume her upcoming solo will be more cosmic in nature.

I also found it interesting that White was looking to put Justice and Firestar on Krakoa but none of the writers were interested at the time... whenever we wonder why character X gets used / character Y doesn't get used, that's likely what it boils down to, writers being / not being interested in writing them.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Xavier's over the shoulder goodbye is Sexy!
    Weird spine though, what's that all about?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

He has both Hulk & Venom books on his plate (we don't know yet if they are limited series or the current ongoings).
    He could very well relaunch Venom with a new creative team, once Ewing's run is over (after the release of the third movie).
    While PKJ/Klein's Incredible Hulk run deserve at least to reach issue #19/800 (at the end of the year).
    Last edited by Quill-Han-Vos; 03-18-2024 at 06:54 AM.

Most interesting part is the jean part for me. i don't know why but it really stands out. I wonder had he relaunched if jean would even still be around. much like i feel duggan was keeping storm safe in marauders which lowkey had some merit otherwise she was going to end up with baby. I feel this change behind the scenes has saved Jean. it would explain a lot for me.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Weird spine though, what's that all about?
    Isn't that their costumes in the no-place ? It looks a lot like Rachel's costume.