Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Year one by waid and kitten. Love the interlude about the minor henchmen who sees the folly of his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    Dang, beat me to it!

Though, I also love JLA: World War III (the first mainstream DC Comic I ever read)
    My Favorite because they finally did something with Grundy and made him interesting. Sure he came across like Joe Fixit but at least it was something different.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I liked Tenth Circle. That was vampires done RIGHT in DC.
    It is one of my favorites. The art on Bats and Supes was EPIC

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm not familiar with Wain. Were you possibly referring to Len Wein or Mark Waid?
    Yeah, Len Wein, sorry. I'm not much of Mark Waid fan.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, Len Wein, sorry. I'm not much of Mark Waid fan.
    I think current Waid could do a banging Justice League book in the World's Finest style. His previous attempts didn't really hit for me, though.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

I love Trial by Fire. The ending with Plastic Man was just great.

I will also second the Hyperclan storyline, JLA 1-4.

I had always wanted to see a White Martians vs Kryptonians war.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Rock of Ages
    Lightning Saga
    Crisis on Earth Prime
    Forever Evil
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    I love Trial by Fire. The ending with Plastic Man was just great.
    Scorch vs Fernus was an epic confrontation... just because of the reaction Fernus had. She risked her life straining her powers to limits she'd never even thought of before to stop him... and blindsided a TELEPATH.
    The way Scorch's part ended was sad, but that moment when she tells J'onn to beat the --- out of Fernus gives me chills.

"Love, J'Onn..... BURN!"

Scorch knew she couldn't defeat Fernus on her own, so she did the one thing she COULD do.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    My Favorite because they finally did something with Grundy and made him interesting. Sure he came across like Joe Fixit but at least it was something different.
    Solomon Grundy? Clearly you haven't read James Robinson's Starman...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Rock of Ages
    Lightning Saga
    Crisis on Earth Prime
    Forever Evil
    Forgot about New 52 run, I enjoyed Forever Evil. Would Throne of Atlantis count as JL story? Because that was another great one from that run.

Extraordinary Member

A few have mentioned it, but Justice by Jim Krueger and Alex Ross is excellent. As a fan of the Saturday morning cartoon Challenge of the Super Friends, this was a dream come true. A serious take on the cartoon.

My only complaint is that it was too crowded with the other hero groups and it was a little long. But still a great story.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    First story is ever read was the 3-part JLA 100-102 featuring the annual JLA/JSA team-up with the addition of the Seven Soldiers of Victory.

Admittedly, I wasn't able to find 102 at the store and didn't read the conclusion until about 20 years later.
    the exact same thing happened to me! found 100 and 101 at a flea market my mom dragged me to as a kid, then waited forever to come across 102! I don't know that it was 20 years in my case but it definitely came later for me as well. small world!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    the exact same thing happened to me! found 100 and 101 at a flea market my mom dragged me to as a kid, then waited forever to come across 102! I don't know that it was 20 years in my case but it definitely came later for me as well. small world!
    I read all 3 issues first when it was reprinted in a DC comic digest. It was a decade or more when I found all 3 issues in a comic book store in Houston

Fantastic Member

I found one of my new favorite single-issue stories ever: JLA #60, where Plastic Man tells Woozy Winks' nephew a bedtime story about Santa joining the JLA and battling Neron at Christmas.

It also has this adorable panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Solomon Grundy? Clearly you haven't read James Robinson's Starman...
    Which Issues specifically? Back in the day I started reading Starman and just stopped. Wasn't my thing at the time...