Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Cyclops was so cool in this show. So many fans across various social media platforms talking about how great he was or how this is making them like him again...

And a couple of delusional Cyclops fans here think he is being mistreated and persecuted? lol lol lol

All the characters had moments to shine and moments of being vulnerable.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    thats cool and all but thats not how Morph was portrayed in the original series as we last left him. I kinda hope he gets a spotlight episode that kinda explains the changes bc he is the most jarring character here. Everyone else for the most part feels like a faithful progression from TAS except him
    How long between TAS an 97? It seems to me a couple months past. Maybe Morph played around/trained with powers in that time and thats why hes powers seem different.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

There was a later episode in TAS where Morph changed into other X-characters and was able to use their physical abilities (he changed into Omega Red and used his tentacles). This was when a sentinel was holding Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    How long between TAS an 97? It seems to me a couple months past. Maybe Morph played around/trained with powers in that time and thats why hes powers seem different.
    Xavier "died" 11/11/96. We dont know how if Jean was pregnant and how long but at most it has to be less than 9 months since the series ended

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Ok I can say it same as Mr Fantastic in Doctor Strange. A genius who is dealing with a formidable foe monologues about his secret weapon's ability rather than attempting to use any kind of strategy to fix the situation. Scott here again as a leader knew he was energy resistant and instead of using any fighting IQ to maybe keep his distance and find a weakness instead quips about dealing with him then charging in head first then getting his visor knocked off rather than letting the enemy come to him. They showed Scott as easy to taunt and easy to best with a little bit of thinking. And it wouldn't have been a problem if X-cutioner wasnt completely neutralized by Magneto and shown to be a coward right after. This is that trope where in order to reduce a character you show their combat skill but then don't give them any fighting intelligence to get out of complex situations. This is something I have complained about Gambit a lot too. Gambit is smart, but he never gets the opportunity to show himself outthinking opponents. He's just kinda become his powers. and that's what they did to Scott here.
    Why even bring up "Whereas a Storm is depicted as the most powerful mutant" if you were talking about being clever rather than who could bench more [fancy way to say power levels]? As for X-Cutioner being neutralized by Magneto and trying to run after his one shot (he mentioned his gun only having one shot earlier); after missing the one shot that would have gotten rid of Magneto's powers, running in to fist fight the Master of Magnetism in a metal suit wouldn't have been "brave" it would have been stupid. I may be misreading you.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    There was a later episode in TAS where Morph changed into other X-characters and was able to use their physical abilities (he changed into Omega Red and used his tentacles). This was when a sentinel was holding Jean.
    It's funny how some find his powers too advance. He really not doing anything crazy. He is only taking on the form, not the mutant abilities of others.

The metallic form of Colossus I can go with. The telepathic might of Psylocke should be outside his powers.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-21-2024 at 11:02 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Very general thoughts

- As Jean Fan, i love they move her tittle card yo 2nd and 3rd place. important: no. Just like it.

- Jean didnīt fainted in the whole episode.

- When Jean says "he is here" and Logan says "who, Apocalypse?". Love it

- I could have never guessed the would make Rogue and Magneto cannon.

- Storm scenes where beautiful. She is considered omega in the episode and depowered. snif.

- Another not important thing: Adding Jean and fixing the villain side in the iconic side smash at the end of the intro is great.

- Morph is already better and more likeable that the original serie. And he fighting using his transformation was great.

- Loved Magneto speech at the UN.

- Val Cooper, I Like, it thinks is overdue to have a goverment liason.

- redemption for 20 years of trashing Scott. Her landing using his rays was epic.

- Another Jean fan not important thing. In the original outro the put limited telephatic abiliets to jean. The removed it.

- I see complains, but i liked the animation. About the voices I cannot talk because I'm spanish speaking and I was young back then so I watched it in Spanish.

- Maddie confirmed. Good. Iīm glad they didnīt drag it the whole season.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Been a dad for 3 years now and my biggest wish is that I hope they don’t make Scott a douchebag and abandon both Madelyn and Nathan in this series like in the comics.

I can understand if he decides to leave Madelyn, but c’mon Summers...That’s your son! Your recently born son! Don’t be an as***le and take responsibility!

Even before I became a father I always thought Inferno was a garbage story. Scott lost his family at a young age and went through hell at an orphanage. I figure he'd go to hell and back to make sure his little boy has his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Been a dad for 3 years now and my biggest wish is that I hope they don’t make Scott a douchebag and abandon both Madelyn and Nathan in this series like in the comics.

I can understand if he decides to leave Madelyn, but c’mon Summers...That’s your son! Your recently born son! Don’t be an as***le and take responsibility!

Even before I became a father I always thought Inferno was a garbage story. Scott lost his family at a young age and went through hell at an orphanage. I figure he'd go to hell and back to make sure his little boy has his dad.
    Why would you even think that would happen in the show? The circumstances behind how that all went down in the comics dont even exist on the show. For one, everyone already live at the mansion so it not like he has to move cross country and be separated from anyone

As for your last statement, just bc someone was an orphan doesnt mean they'd make a good parent. He grew up without an example of what a good father and family life was and thats textbook for people who have those issues as adults

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Why would you even think that would happen in the show? The circumstances behind how that all went down in the comics dont even exist on the show. For one, everyone already live at the mansion so it not like he has to move cross country and be separated from anyone

As for your last statement, just bc someone was an orphan doesnt mean they'd make a good parent. He grew up without an example of what a good father and family life was and thats textbook for people who have those issues as adults
    Hoping for the best but trying not to expect the worst.

Christopher and Katherine were good parents. Alex was very young at the time when they were lost but Scott was old enough to remember them both as a staple to his childhood.

Spectacular Member

He did not 'abandon' Nathan or Madelyn.

Scott heard his team-mate, best-friend and former lover had just come back from the dead and needed to go see her.

Madelyne gave an ultimatum as she was sick of the whole X-Men business (To be fair to her, Scott did not really explain anything.)

Scott went anyway. NOTE: He did not get back together with Jean at this point.

Scott tried to first phone Madelyne and got no answer and so he thought she was just mad at him.

Scott then went back to Alaska and found the house destroyed and Madelyn and Nathan missing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I just get annoyed by this claim that keeps popping up.

I don't think the marriage would have lasted in the long-term though.

Scott would always be drawn back to the X-Men, it's just who he is (as he said he is the X-Men) and Madelyne would eventually get fed up with it.

It does not make either of them evil or wrong, just people with different motivations who should not be together.

Hoping for the best but trying not to expect the worst.

Christopher and Katherine were good parents. Alex was too young at the time when they were lost but Scott was old enough to remember them both as a staple to his childhood.
    Scott was 8 when he lost his parents. He did not have them during his formidable years coming into his own as a youth and young man. There are things about conflict, responsibility and lessons taught/learned that you arent looking for at as an 8 year old and there are things that are too mature for kids that young to process. I stand by him not having great examples. He went straight from that to being in an orphanage where he was abused and then Xavier at the age of 15/16 as his primary adult and he was forced to grow up and be independent by the time he was in his late teens when Xavier faked his death.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-21-2024 at 01:36 PM.

Spectacular Member

It varies, but Scott was 8-10 when he lost his parents. He did not have them during his formidable years coming into his own as a youth and young man. i stand by him not having great examples
    Xavier was his best example and that is not that...good.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    He did not 'abandon' Nathan or Madelyn.

Scott heard his team-mate, best-friend and former lover had just come back from the dead and needed to go see her.

Madelyne gave an ultimatum as she was sick of the whole X-Men business (To be fair to her, Scott did not really explain anything.)

Scott went anyway. NOTE: He did not get back together with Jean at this point.

Scott tried to first phone Madelyne and got no answer and so he thought she was just mad at him.

Scott then went back to Alaska and found the house destroyed and Madelyn and Nathan missing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I just get annoyed by this claim that keeps popping up.

I don't think the marriage would have lasted in the long-term though.

Scott would always be drawn back to the X-Men, it's just who he is (as he said he is the X-Men) and Madelyne would eventually get fed up with it.

It does not make either of them evil or wrong, just people with different motivations who should not be together.
    Exactatiously this.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Granted, it was a huge blemish on Scott’s character for choosing Jean over his son and Jean’s clone, but damn did it make for some good, prime time soap opera drama that we come to expect with the X-Men.

I’m all for adapting it for the drama alone.