Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Happy for you.

Now I just have to find the motivation to get through these 2 episodes.
    I’m just …not going to.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

i love and dislike it at the same time. it’ll obviously grow on me
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Fantastic Member

I think this was the best continuation of any series years later that I personally have ever seen. It was just so well done.

Great two episode opener.

Someones gonna have to explain how Rogue and Magneto can touch because I didnt read those comics or see that in the OG seasons.

The Cyclops action was so good. Storm killed it. Morph is kind of annoying but he also was in the OG series so I will forgive it.

That cliff hanger was damn great.

Astonishing Member

The following is a completely biased argument.

The hospital part seems like a missed opportunity to have a cameo for Cecilia Reyes as a doctor willing to help them despite the danger, but being held back by the hospital's management (reflecting something she would experience in the comics after being exposed as mutant).

She definetly could have profited from such positive presentation after her... let's call it was it was, awfull appearance in the New Mutants movie, which was also her first mainstream appearance in general.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Someones gonna have to explain how Rogue and Magneto can touch because I didnt read those comics or see that in the OG seasons.

The Cyclops action was so good. Storm killed it. Morph is kind of annoying but he also was in the OG series so I will forgive it.

That cliff hanger was damn great.
    in the 80's and 90's before Roguey become the A- lister She is today - Her power had "Scales" if she touch someone who is not a omega or for story sakes she could touch even absorb but the person/mutant/alien will not faint

Mags was one of those people who in that age could touch her.

Oh i thought she lost her power in the Savage Land for some reason.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Beau got fired for his horny photos. Hope he could "Gunnize" this situation (just if he gives me more Rogneto material)
    Pure speculation. No one knows the reason yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

In Aoa, Rogue absorbed Polaris' power and memories leaving her with magnetic powers. She was able to touch Magneto as their magnetic powers canceled each other out. I don't fully 'get' it but that was the explanation. We've yet to see this in the show so SOMETHING happened in the months since Xavier left that things changed for Rogue and Max.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It seems so; they copied Archangel's wings and flew but it was a split-second shot.
    it allowed him to glide at least... not sure if he could use them to fly... but that is a physical change still... I doubt he could use an optic blast or telepathy.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    it allowed him to glide at least... not sure if he could use them to fly... but that is a physical change still... I doubt he could use an optic blast or telepathy.
    The end credits sequence gives a rundown of the cast's mutant powers. For Morph, it says they take on the physical attributes of those they transform to. They appeared to have Colossus' durability when they went up against the X-Cutioner and they had Blob's mass and buoyancy in the sentinel sequence. It even looked like they magically had Katana swords in the UN sequence as well.

Amazing Member

I thought this was great

Loved the end reveal of the two Jeans def inspired by XMen 20

I feel like Val Cooper will be Mystique

I need more info on BISHOP... they mention him being a time traveler, and he came back before the first episode.

in previous seasons he needed a device to keep him anchored, but it seems that device is broken and beast is working on it. so how is he stable in the past, and what did he come back for?

I need more info on X-Factor... they WERE the government 'good mutants' team. I assumed Forge would show up and build the depower gun but it looks like he had 0 to do with it... I wonder if they are just writing X factor out?

over all good... I just WANT MORE!!!

the jab at egg/gold balls was amazing.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    The end credits sequence gives a rundown of the cast's mutant powers. For Morph, it says they take on the physical attributes of those they transform to. They appeared to have Colossus' durability when they went up against the X-Cutioner and they had Blob's mass and buoyancy in the sentinel sequence. It even looked like they magically had Katana swords in the UN sequence as well.
    colossus and psylock weirded me out, blob (like gliding on wings) is just a physical thing so I get it...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

did they say if forge was in this? that’s where storm will end up right?
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

I absolutely loved both episodes for reasons already stated. Cyclops has never looked so awesome (outside of comics) and Storm was portrayed as an absolute force. The scene where she blasted the desert sands with lightning to create the glass tornado and ripped the sentinels apart was pure eye candy and made what happens to her in the second episode more impactful.