Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

I feel like I need to rewatch the last episode of the Dark Phoenix saga from the OG series to prep for Wednesday's episode. I totally forgot how Jean got to live again.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Scott is just not a good husband. To Jean or to Maddie. It's okay! Characters have flaws and a lot of men are shitty husbands! He is still a hero.
    Came here to say exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    I feel like I need to rewatch the last episode of the Dark Phoenix saga from the OG series to prep for Wednesday's episode. I totally forgot how Jean got to live again.

Came here to say exactly that.
    I mean she didnt commit a genocide so the impetus to kill her wasnt there. spoilers:
    The team ended up giving up a portion of their life force to help spare Jean from the Phoenix
    end of spoilers. Something like that

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post

Essentially after Jean was killed by a blast from a Sh'iar battleship, the Phoenix entity came to its senses and offered to restore Jean to life by transferring a small portion of each X-Men's life force to Jean, which restored Jean, but cut down the life span of all the other X-Men, probably by a couple of years.

The thing is in the animated series Pheonix destroyed a lifeless star system rather than a planet with living beings, so the writers were not forced to punish her for her sins as Phoenix, so she came back right away.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I think Mags set this whole thing up with Storm getting her powers taken away. He was very pushy about Cyke and Maddy leaving. Taking over the school. He's playing the long game here
    I saw this theory on a youtube video review as well (I think Erik Voss at NewRockstars). Ultimately, I didn't buy it. When Magneto took the UN judges up into the clouds, he was facing away from them and they clearly depicted him shedding a tear. This was a kind of perspective shot that implied we were being "let in" since the judges were not privy to this. It made me think Mags was genuine.

I also think it would just be too convoluted to do like a Rashomon retelling of Magneto scheming it to being.

Look forward to grown up Nathan showing up.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    I think Mags set this whole thing up with Storm getting her powers taken away. He was very pushy about Cyke and Maddy leaving. Taking over the school. He's playing the long game here
    That's an interesting theory but I hope it's not the case. Storm and Magneto had some amazing interactions in Claremont's New Mutants/Uncanny. I'd like to see them working together as shrewd leaders rather than Magneto playing the role of Forge.

magneto1.jpg

Just seen the first episode, and all the usual things of the old series are still there...including Jean being completely useless. Come on, can't you read the mind of a man without powers without passing out or having an acid trip?

Also, Cyclops gives Wolverine an order, and a brawl is about to start... but Jean gives him the puppy eyes treatment, and he turns into a puppy dog himself. What a fraud. Don't you have a photo to caress, tough guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Look forward to grown up Nathan showing up.
    I hope his new voice sounds okay because judging by X-Cutioner his old one's still got it.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

These moments with Cyclops are just baller as all hell, wicked sick

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Bu1kQ...?feature=share

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

And of course Storm's too

"Omega Level Threat Detected"

God fucking damn this animation slaps, some incredible sakuga. Those lightning strikes turning the sand around her to glass is just (Chef's Kiss)

I love how at the end she has generated so much lightning it lights up the night sky like the sun, obscured by clouds.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member

IGN Watch Party: X-Men '97 Series Premiere with Director Jake Castorena
    Supervising producer/head director Jake Castorena joins IGN's Ben Watts and Jeffrey Vega to screen the Season 1 premiere of the highly anticipated animated series X-Men '97.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    Xavier was his best example and that is not that...good.
    The comics' writers' endless need to throw in their own "sleazy Xavier" idea is one of the worst and seemingly never-ending storytelling tropes in X-Men stories. I understand wanting to make people more morally grey, but then everybody decides to do it when they got a chance to write. This was AFTER they'd already done the whole Onslaught thing. It wasn't original, and it has unnecessarily muddled the character.

Either way, the Charles Xavier of the cartoon is not the Xavier of the comics and hopefully they'll keep the character-destroying retcons to a minimum. I wouldn't mind an Onslaught story though.

I feel like Big Bad-wise:

Season 1 - Bastion

Season 2 - Stryfe

Season 3? - Onslaught