Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly this.

That poster's comment was in very bad faith and it's really disappointing to see that sort of stuff.
    Bad faith is exactly right. Thanks for summing it up. Everyone just ignore that troll.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    So I watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say, it's pretty much what I expected and very similar to the OG show. Unfortunately, I was never a big fan of the original lol so I'm very happy for the fans that lived it but it just didn't hit for me. I'll probably watch it once it's all comes out, though.
    Same here. Except I will not bother to watch it anymore, at all, just as I never bothered with TAS.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Magneto is straight and white.

What exactly is the point of saying something like this beyond driving racial animus?
    I appreciated him referencing the Holocaust.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Sometimes I feel like some people watched an entirely different show.
    Same with reading the comic books, really. LOL
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I find the January 6 analogy with the Friends of Humanity assault on the UN interesting. X-Cutioner seems like the Qanon Shaman.

To the people not understanding Morph's powers, just read through Exiles. Exiles Morph (the show is clearly taking more inspiration from that iteration of the character, who didn't exist in X-Men TAS / 92) is not just a skin shifter. He's made of unstable molecules, and can shift those molecules into anything he dreams up. He can detach and reattach parts of himself. He's been shown to lose limbs and just put them back on. The show is actually REALLY downplaying how wacky his molecular shifting can get, so far.

Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    To the people not understanding Morph's powers, just read through Exiles. Exiles Morph (the show is clearly taking more inspiration from that iteration of the character, who didn't exist in X-Men TAS / 92) is not just a skin shifter. He's made of unstable molecules, and can shift those molecules into anything he dreams up. He can detach and reattach parts of himself. He's been shown to lose limbs and just put them back on. The show is actually REALLY downplaying how wacky his molecular shifting can get, so far.

thats cool and all but thats not how Morph was portrayed in the original series as we last left him. I kinda hope he gets a spotlight episode that kinda explains the changes bc he is the most jarring character here. Everyone else for the most part feels like a faithful progression from TAS except him

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Same here. Except I will not bother to watch it anymore, at all, just as I never bothered with TAS.
    I liked the original series and this one is very much in the vein of the original series.

My challenge with it is probably my own age. After 30 years, it's a bit hard for me to get back into this stuff like I did when I was a kid.

Not an indictment on the series at all, just that...I'm old..LOL.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I appreciated him referencing the Holocaust.
    The series surprisingly hit hard in some places.

It has a very mature undertone despite the presentation.

I'm just trying to think of when this Rogue/Magneto affair happened.

Maybe around the time she absorbed Carol's powers, she leaves Mystique and she and Erik hooked up?

Saying Scott is being downplayed is crazy. He was great in both episodes from his action scenes(loved the mega optic blast landing) to his personality.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Absolutely loved it! I screamed every time Storm came down with one of her speeches!

What they have done to Cyclops's use of power was simply amazing.

I think the cliffhanger will be resolved quickly with the Jean Grey clone being revealed to has escaped one of Sinister's lap. It will be way too hardcore if they reveal that the pregnant Jean was indeed only a clone while the real Jean was kidnapped by Sinister and imprisioned somewhere. I doubt they will go down this road. They should! but I doubt it.

I cannot wait for next week. Really hate this weekly format though for shows that are only 30 minutes each...probably wait a few weeks and then watch it.

p.s. really sad, that Jean has refused to bring her iconic fainting....!!!! Marxist queen succumbed to capitalist productivity... :-((((
    Some individuals got to see part three ahead of us. Lucky ducks. You might be right about the Jean clone bit. The second Jean might. . . . might be a clone set to kidnap Nathan and deliver the baby to Sinister, and then become the Goblin Queen. Don't forget the action figure for her came out. And I'm guessing the wasn't an accident.

--jthree

I know this is technically a sequel series, but I think of it more like the second Ducktales series. It's the same characters in the same environment on new adventures. Everything that came before is there, but who cares?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rogue delivering Scott and Jean's baby was stupid. First off no woman is going to the emergency to have her child delivered. Most ER doctors dont have that specialization and it would have to be an absolute emergency (like labor while out of town). Jean would have had to have had an OB-GYN and would go to him or her

Excellent point. But you have to forgive the writers. Remember, they're only human.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Some individuals got to see part three ahead of us. Lucky ducks. You might be right about the Jean clone bit. The second Jean might. . . . might be a clone set to kidnap Nathan and deliver the baby to Sinister, and then become the Goblin Queen. Don't forget the action figure for her came out. And I'm guessing the wasn't an accident.

--jthree
    Idk I feel like Jean #2 being a blank slate clone that becomes the Goblin Queen just because wouldn't be as impactful and dramatic as Jean # 1 finding out her whole life was a lie, snapping and becoming the Goblin Queen