Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Love how Beast took over the Sentinel.
    I wonder if Duggan had seen this in advance? This week's issue of Iron Man is a big fight scene, Tony in a Sentinel Buster mecha vs Sentinels. Beast in a Sentinel vs other Sentinels was basically the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    How long between TAS an 97? It seems to me a couple months past. Maybe Morph played around/trained with powers in that time and thats why hes powers seem different.
    About a year, a TV news programme in episode 1 mentioned Xavier died "last year" And of course it has to be long enough for Jean's pregnancy, as she wasn't expecting in X-Men 1992's finale.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

UGH can we NOT rehash this decades old debate about Cyclops/Madelyne/Jean from the comics in this thread? The circumstances of what happened in the 80's is not even remotely close to what has begun to unfold in X-Men '97. There is honestly no comparison and to start spinning into this again does a disservice to the thread and the show we are discussing. We can speculate about if Mommy Jean is the real Jean or Rags Jean is the real one, but all we hae seen is Scott holding his son and saying "Jean?!" with a surprised/shocked face.

I'd rather discuss Morph's new abilities of replicating weaponry and abilities that he didn't do before or how we think "Life and Death" is going to play out with Storm.

Ultimate Member

It matters I think because it's the focal point of the show, when that changes the talk will die down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess thats where you, I and others disagree and its the use of that word abandon. That would imply that he had no intentions of ever going back and that simply wasnt true
    Though the question becomes how long would it have been before Scott would have gone back to them. Months or years, Jean had to push him to even try to check on Maddy remember.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Still, you don't just up and leave your wife and child because your former ex-flame reemerges, regardless of feelings. And yeah he tried to contact Maddie... weeks later lol. Cyclops has grown as a character since then, but I don't care how anybody tries to spin it, he was punk for that and not a man.
    Always felt that was when Scott started going downhill as a character. He starting reacting rather than taking the lead. He said things to Jean, when showing a picture of Maddie to Jean, "she should have been you." Brother, that was insensitive. And the old Scott had more social awareness than saying something like that.
    ---jthree

I guess you all forgot "Courage" from Season 4 of the OG series. Morph turned into Sasquatch to rip off a Sentinel's head, turned into Angel to catch Jean and fly her to safety, turned into Omega Red and used the tentacles to toss two Sentinels by their legs. I mean, even in the original comics series, as Changeling, Kevin was somehow able to replicate Xavier's telepathic powers(maybe Charles helped him understand the intricacies of a telepathic brain's morphology and he was able to precisely replicate it, much like Reed Richards did in Earth X following a detailed schematic of Charles's brain, thus becoming telepathic himself). And in Exiles, Morph was depicted as more of an omnimorph, with a very high degree of durability, making him more like DC's Plastic Man. I don't quite understand how turning into Psylocke gives Morph her acrobatic fighting abilities, but making durable 'swords' is well within Morph's ability.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-21-2024 at 06:56 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Angry Joe gave it a 8/10 and said it because the 3rd episode was the best!

I loved the first two episodes and I was actually worried episode 3 would be a dropoff.
    What episode 3?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    What episode 3?
    The press were given screeners for the first 3 episodes. We'll have to wait until next week to see it.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

All-New Member

Nathan was born by the time Scott found out Jean was alive, and he was already having martial issues because he was spending his nights on the back deck staring at the Moon thinking about his presumed dead love.

I think Scott deserves more empathy than he gets in this unreal situation. It is important to note Jean wasn't his ex, and she didn't simply return from a long vacation. They were separated only because she was believed dead. And clearly, he wasn't over her, as he married her literal clone. If that series of events happened to any of us, we would have trouble with our feelings. So he finds out Jean's alive, he goes to see her, which isn't really unreasonable...if someone we loved woke from a multi year coma I think we would all go see them. He arrives in disbelief and attempts to tell her about Maddy and the Baby, but Warren interrupts and then Jean leaves, and Scott doesn't join Warren in running after her because he is so thrown by the situation. No matter what he does at that point he will be betraying someone. By staying with Jean, he betrays his wife and child, and by going back to Alaska, he would be betraying Jean (and likely himself). So unsurprisingly, Scott, a character known for not dealing with feelings, has a breakdown and spends two weeks sharing at Jamacia Bay wondering what the #*%$. yes, he causes pain, there was no way he couldn't, but he was also in a considerable amount himself.
    Last edited by dr237; 03-21-2024 at 07:46 PM. Reason: completed thought

Ultimate Member

He would have been betraying Jean by going back to Maddy, so he either left his very pregnant wife or his wife and newborn son to see Jean. Alaska and the mansion aren't close to each other.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It matters I think because it's the focal point of the show, when that changes the talk will die down.
    How is comics Scott leaving his wife and baby to find his resurrected love of his life alive the "focal point of the show" when none of that has happened?

Ultimate Member

It's the Maddy Scott Jean triangle complete with baby Nathan, not 100 percent identical but similar.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's the Maddy Scott Jean triangle complete with baby Nathan, not 100 percent identical but similar.
    Its really not. The circumstances surrounding this all so far are completely different. The way the show has prsented it, it cant play out the same, so this irrationial fear of Scott abandoning Maddie and Nathan to go be with Jean seem unwarranted so far. He is being demonized for something that hasnt even happened in this universe

Scott is just not a good husband. To Jean or to Maddie. It's okay! Characters have flaws and a lot of men are shitty husbands! He is still a hero.

Poor Corsair! He doesn't get to be one of the baby's middle names like Charles does!
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me