Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Sidebar, but did you scream a little on the inside when Morph turned into Psylocke?
    I sure did!

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Yeah DeMayo had an unimaginable task in front of him and he knocked it out of the park. He was the sole credited writer too!
    Then even more props to him! If he has been feeling down lately and had to be let go for that, then I just hope he gets better because his health comes first. It's still such a weird situation though with him being let go right before the premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Holy freakin' moley, they really did a take on January 6th.

That was bold as ****, NGL. The X-Men still got it.
    Absolutely my friend.

With only 10 episodes, I'm curious how they'll fit in Nightcrawler, Colossus, Magik, Havok, and Longshot. Nightcrawler is supposed to join the team isn't he? It'll be interesting to see how he fits into the Wolverine/Morph dynamic.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Scott saying "Tell 'em the forecast" as if he was cashing out his super bar in a video game and then Storm going all out got me so hype! The entire team fighting the Sentinels was awesome and gave everyone their time to shine but that Storm moment was certainly the cherry on top.

The writing helped enforce the found family vibes with Storm and Jean consoling with one another and Wolverine being snippy with Jean when she mentions Scott didn't tell her he was going out. Its nice to see kind, intellectual Beast quoting Mark Twain and being a voice a reason. Morph is a joy to have around, turning into Sabertooth at the end of episode 2's montage to rile up Logan got a good chuckle out of me. I'm kinda surprised Rogue is getting friendly with Magneto, I get they share villain to hero experience but she seems happy with Remy. It was also a good reminder that she can absorb memories not just powers when she had to copy that doctor's experience. I also appreciated the rebuke to the thinking that ever good thing for the mutants is something taken from humans when Magneto brings X-cutioner and the Judges to the upper atmosphere they see a good chunk of the planet and that we all live on one planet with plenty of space for everyone, at least that's how I interpreted that scene. Overall, I am delighted to again be looking forward to a new X-Men cartoon episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensational C View Post
    Scott saying "Tell 'em the forecast" as if he was cashing out his super bar in a video game and then Storm going all out got me so hype! The entire team fighting the Sentinels was awesome and gave everyone their time to shine but that Storm moment was certainly the cherry on top.

The writing helped enforce the found family vibes with Storm and Jean consoling with one another and Wolverine being snippy with Jean when she mentions Scott didn't tell her he was going out. Its nice to see kind, intellectual Beast quoting Mark Twain and being a voice a reason. Morph is a joy to have around, turning into Sabertooth at the end of episode 2's montage to rile up Logan got a good chuckle out of me. I'm kinda surprised Rogue is getting friendly with Magneto, I get they share villain to hero experience but she seems happy with Remy. It was also a good reminder that she can absorb memories not just powers when she had to copy that doctor's experience. I also appreciated the rebuke to the thinking that ever good thing for the mutants is something taken from humans when Magneto brings X-cutioner and the Judges to the upper atmosphere they see a good chunk of the planet and that we all live on one planet with plenty of space for everyone, at least that's how I interpreted that scene. Overall, I am delighted to again be looking forward to a new X-Men cartoon episode.
    The Storm Omega scene was super important since the plan was for her to be depowered the next episode. It's all just really good stuff!

The family dynamic (or even frienship) is also what was missing from the movies.

I do wish they had re-hired Ron Wasserman to score the series. He is the GOAT. Saban and Fox did him dirty back in the day... after he created the ICONIC intros for '92 and Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers!!! It would have been amazing if they made it up to him as he was definitely interested (he tweeted a while ago that they planned to meet but dunno if it happened). The new score is fine, but I miss the synths and electric guitar that was his signature. The new intro has an amazing addition at the beginning, but overall is a bit flatter.

Is it me or is Val Cooper very Liz Cheney?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Poor Beau. Its getting rave reviews. I wonder if what he did was actually that bad.

Really really liked it a lot. Magneto's speeches were especially quite good. Hope there are some episodes that are more Wolverine, Beast and Gambit centric soon though. It's a big cast to juggle but it's weird to see wolverine get this little play thus far

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Were there any previews for episode 3? didn't get to see anything yet, and I was curious.

--jthree
    Anybody see any?

three

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Really really liked it a lot. Magneto's speeches were especially quite good. Hope there are some episodes that are more Wolverine, Beast and Gambit centric soon though. It's a big cast to juggle but it's weird to see wolverine get this little play thus far
    *it's appropriate and welcome. There have been 2 episodes. We don't need Wolverine at the center of everything, that's why people hated Wolverine & the X-Men.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I've been excited all day knowing I would get to see the first 2 episodes of this show I've been looking forward to for ages now... I was grinning ear to ear from the moment episode 1 started, except for the few times I got misty-eyed or my jaw dropped to floor.

This was a magnificent beginning and a return to form and popularity for the merry mutants. Seeing them look so cool, sound so cool... It just made my heart glad. I just can't believe I'm seeing new X-Men content on TV again after years of drought. And while the first episode was really good and did a great job setting the table for what was to follow, the second one was just amazing - I was impressed how much they were able to pack into a single episode while not making it feel rushed in the slightest. And yet the soap opera and the characters remain at the heart as we can all admire Magneto's journey, cry at Ororo's loss, be intrigued with Rogue and Magneto's mysterious connection... and pick up our jaw when a second Jean shows up at the door. Wow, we all sort of knew something like that was coming but I was still shocked and incredibly excited about what happens next.

Welcome back, animated X-Men, we missed you dearly.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Poor Beau. Its getting rave reviews. I wonder if what he did was actually that bad.
    As I was watching the show but also seeing how popular it instantly got on social media and reading the overwhelmingly positive reviews, my thoughts also went to Beau. Clearly the X-Men are bigger than a single creator, and Goddess knows if they survived Chris Claremont leaving they can lose absolutely anyone else and still thrive, but there's no denying the writing is a huge part of how well-received X-Men '97 is and it's really a shame DeMayo won't be part of the team anymore.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Agreed. As long as Demayo didn't do anything vile, I say give the man a redemption arc. These episodes were a showcase of his talents as a writer.