Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    (...)The simplest solution which they never want to bring up is that muant inhibitors exist. It the premise of Storm's story arc. Beast most definitely could create a bracelet for her that she can switch on/off bc that tech exists in this universe
    The fact that there are mutants who would greatly benefit from power inhibitors or a suppression medicine, because of having powers that they either can't controll (yet) or which are harmfull to their physical and mental health often seem to clash with the general presentation of the mutant metaphor as being reflective of various real world minority groups including those which at some point or another suffered from attempts to "cure", "educate" or "correct" them.

As such the black and white presentation of the subject will usualy dominante. Which means that if a mutant doesn't want their powers at all or anymore, even if they are deeply harmfull to their well being, it will often be presented as either being misguided or downright wrong. Which can carry it's own unfortunate implications.

Because the more likely comparison the writer or reader could make, will be those attempts at erasing or suppressing the above alluded to minority groups in the past, rather than to situations where people have medical conditions or disabilities.

Of course this does not exclude that mutant power inhibitors or suppressors are also easily used and abused against them, which further pushes them towards being presented and perceived as bad.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-23-2024 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The fact that there are mutants who would greatly benefit from power inhibitors or a suppression medicine, because of having powers that they either can't controll (yet) or which are harmfull to their physical and mental health often seem to clash with the general presentation of the mutant metaphor as being reflective of various real world minority groups including those which at some point or another suffered from attempts to "cure", "educate" or "correct" them.

As such the black and white presentation of the subject will usualy dominante. Which means that if a mutant doesn't want their powers at all or anymore, even if they are deeply harmfull to their well being, it will often be presented as either being misguided or downright wrong. Which can carry it's own unfortunate implications.

Because the more likely comparison the writer or reader could make, will be those attempts at erasing or suppressing the above alluded to minority groups in the past, rather than to situations where people have medical conditions or disabilities.

Of course this does not exclude that mutant power inhibitors or suppressors are also easily used and abused against them, which further pushes them towards being presented and perceived as bad.
    I dont think so bc many mutations can be seen as a form of disability. Disable people still use wheelchairs, still get prosthetics, hearing aids. We as people still use glasses, contact lenses, etc.... These aids all help improe a person's quality of living and help bring it closer to par as a "normal" experience. And i put that in quotes to mean those without said disability and/or drawback. To me a power inhibitor is along the same lines as any of these form of tech

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Power inhibitors are an abomination, and Storm was chosen for that lesson to underline that mutant powers are a gift from the Goddess.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Cameo spotted in episode 1: Calliso, Leech, Ape, Tusk Prime.

Photos of Loa, Dust, Angel, Xavier, Iceman and MarrowThis is in top of my head
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 03-23-2024 at 03:12 PM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I really wish that Rogue would figure out that condoms exist. Her whole angst over touching was compelling in 1983. It is boring and played out in 1997 much less 2024.
    Um...I say this in all seriousness with absolutely no ill-will intended...have you had sex before?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ????You do realize that there is still skin to skin contact with condoms right?

The simplest solution which they never want to bring up is that muant inhibitors exist. It the premise of Storm's story arc. Beast most definitely could create a bracelet for her that she can switch on/off bc that tech exists in this universe
    That is what latex outfits are for but I was mostly joking. Roberto and Mags just had the power dampening collars so my point was it isnt that complicated and it is quite a poor storyline if they go down the road of Rogue is going to cheat because she isnt smart enough to use tech readily available to her.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    doesn’t feel as good lol
    Better than cheating on your boyfriend but see above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Um...I say this in all seriousness with absolutely no ill-will intended...have you had sex before?
    Perhaps I was a bit presumptuous in thinking that with power dampeners all over the first 2 episodes the point would be obvious.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-23-2024 at 05:19 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Cameo spotted in episode 1: Calliso, Leech, Ape, Tusk Prime.

Photos of Loa, Dust, Angel, Xavier, Iceman and Marrow. This is in top of my head
    First time anyone here mentioned that missing person poster.

Infact looking back at it, it's interesting to notice that it was allready visible in the first trailer, but it seems nobody noticed at the time, because the flying newspaper and the characters on it was more striking.

One has to wonder who would put it up or where they got that mugshot from? She doesn't seem the type to go to the DMV for a driver's licence.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Perhaps I was a bit presumptuous in thinking that with power dampeners all over the first 2 episodes the point would be obvious.
    Yeah, having to wear a shackle over your neck to get freaky. Totally no issues with that.

Who said Rogue cheated on Gambit?

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    First time anyone here mentioned that missing person poster.

Infact looking back at it, it's interesting to notice that it was allready visible in the first trailer, but it seems nobody noticed at the time, because the flying newspaper and the characters on it was more striking.

One has to wonder who would put it up or where they got that mugshot from? She doesn't seem the type to go to the DMV for a driver's licence.
    I noticed her on my rewatch. But she's not Hellion, Wind Dancer or Surge, so I didn't care enough to mention her.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I noticed her on my rewatch. But she's not Hellion, Wind Dancer or Surge, so I didn't care enough to mention her.
    How rude. She and Hellion were minor role mates in Wolverine and the X-men.

Astonishing Member

Between the Marrow missing posters and the titles of the last three episodes, I am becoming more and more convinced that not only will the season end with O:ZT, but we might still get a variation of the Bobby, Marrow and Cecilia Reyes team-up while the main X-Men are temporarily sidelined by the bad guys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Hope the new guy can deliver that “Wild Man of Borneo” line with grizzled, sarcastic perfection.
    His new voice is the original Gambit voice actor. The old Cable voice actor plays X-Cutioner.

Incredible Member

Why did they change the character order in the opening credits?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I appreciated him referencing the Holocaust.
    TAS Magneto wasn't a holocaust survivor, though. He was the survivor of some vague, fictional ethnic cleansing.

Ultimate Member

Makes me wonder then what war Forge was fighting in when he lost his arm and leg when he shows up, probably to help Storm.