Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

It's kinda nuts how the X-Men were basically fighting for their lives against Master Mold and the Sentinels back in srason 1, but here they basically trivialize them with just more creative use of their abilities.

Forge is coming back, right? I think I remember seeing him when they were showing off concept art for the series. Maybe he's responsible for the X-Cutioner's gun here too, and he'll try to help Storm get depowered?
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I think Mags set this whole thing up with Storm getting her powers taken away. He was very pushy about Cyke and Maddy leaving. Taking over the school. He's playing the long game here
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Poor Corsair! He doesn't get to be one of the baby's middle names like Charles does!
    technically in the books Cable does have Corsair's name. They must have forgot to add it in the show.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    It's kinda nuts how the X-Men were basically fighting for their lives against Master Mold and the Sentinels back in srason 1, but here they basically trivialize them with just more creative use of their abilities.
    The Sentinels were basically zombies so it was like all the X-Men except Jubilee and Jean against Master Mold.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Forge is coming back, right? I think I remember seeing him when they were showing off concept art for the series. Maybe he's responsible for the X-Cutioner's gun here too, and he'll try to help Storm get depowered?
    It's possible but you see X-Cutioner building the gun and priming the solo depowering shot in the episode. It's more likely Forge will come out and find a way to repower her.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    technically in the books Cable does have Corsair's name. They must have forgot to add it in the show.
    Cyclops in TAS/97 does not have the relationship with Corsair like his comics counterpart did when Nathan was born. So it makes sense that he didn't include Christopher because they barely know each other as father-son.

Ultimate Member

I can just see Alex show up and be surprised that he had a nephew as no one bothered to tell him that Jean was pregnant in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I can just see Alex show up and be surprised that he had a nephew as no one bothered to tell him that Jean was pregnant in the first place.
    I think Alex would be more surprised that 1) his brother is alive, 2) his brother is Cyclops, and 3) his father is alive than Jean having a baby. Remember, Scott and Alex don't know that they are each other's brother in this show.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think Alex would be more surprised that 1) his brother is alive, 2) his brother is Cyclops, and 3) his father is alive than Jean having a baby. Remember, Scott and Alex don't know that they are each other's brother in this show.
    So all they know is that they can blast each other and nothing will happen?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Like Askani mentioned, they dont know they are brothers. You keep focusing on comic continuity, which isnt the case for this universe, and it is an alternate universe

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yep! Unlike the first meeting with Corsair, there was no onscreen followup where that would have been revealed. At best it happened off screen but thats not smoething we will know till he shows up in the series

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    Poor Corsair! He doesn't get to be one of the baby's middle names like Charles does!
    I just had to look up Cable's actual middle name .

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would love if this season really focused on that also. Maybe X-Factor could appear in “Remember It” or “Bright Eyes” and they could learn the truth somehow. Then Alex could also be part of the season 3 finale that could adapt or set up Inferno. Would love him and Maddie together.

Speaking of future episodes? What do you think they’ll be about? What villains and cameos are you guys expecting?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    Nathan was born by the time Scott found out Jean was alive, and he was already having martial issues because he was spending his nights on the back deck staring at the Moon thinking about his presumed dead love.

I think Scott deserves more empathy than he gets in this unreal situation. It is important to note Jean wasn't his ex, and she didn't simply return from a long vacation. They were separated only because she was believed dead. And clearly, he wasn't over her, as he married her literal clone. If that series of events happened to any of us, we would have trouble with our feelings. So he finds out Jean's alive, he goes to see her, which isn't really unreasonable...if someone we loved woke from a multi year coma I think we would all go see them. He arrives in disbelief and attempts to tell her about Maddy and the Baby, but Warren interrupts and then Jean leaves, and Scott doesn't join Warren in running after her because he is so thrown by the situation. No matter what he does at that point he will be betraying someone. By staying with Jean, he betrays his wife and child, and by going back to Alaska, he would be betraying Jean (and likely himself). So unsurprisingly, Scott, a character known for not dealing with feelings, has a breakdown and spends two weeks sharing at Jamacia Bay wondering what the #*%$. yes, he causes pain, there was no way he couldn't, but he was also in a considerable amount himself.
    I would disagree with you. In hindsight, thirty years later, it would Scott's worst decision, and Scott deserves no empathy. It is possible due to bad writing. But what made the marriage between Scott and Maddie more real to me (at the time) was they had gone through some painful situations already, and had a child.Their discussions went awfully deep. Remember the one, when Maddie pointed out that Scott had no real "skills" other than leading the X Men. She may have been right. As for Jean's resurrection, yes we would all go see someone we loved if they returned from the dead; but this was a romantic one. Scott had a wife and child to take care of.

Poor Scott. Both Jean and Maddie were angry with him for the choices he made. I feel he deserves empathy for that. The original storyline didn't really had a satisfying conclusion to the triangle. Maddie went full villain and then died (possibly merged with Jean), but there should have been some better moments between Scott and Maddie. This is possibly due to the different perspectives of Claremont and Simonson.

--jthree

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just had to look up Cable's actual middle name .
    IIRC, he was originally named Christopher Charles Summer after Scott's two father figures. Nathan wasnt added till in Inferno when they revealed the Sinister connection. Maddie blasted Scott for calling him Christopher instead of the name she wanted for him, which was subconciously named after Sinister

I dont know if he was ever legally named Nathan. They continued to call him Christopher throughout the rest of X-Factor and then Apocalypse appeared towards the end of that original run calling him Nathan Christopher, the name he would go by when he was taken to the future and raised
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-22-2024 at 08:54 AM.