Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    *it's appropriate and welcome. There have been 2 episodes. We don't need Wolverine at the center of everything, that's why people hated Wolverine & the X-Men.
    And why the movies became the Wolverine show feature Magneto and Xavier plus some Mystique.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Magneto looks like David Bowie. What happened?
    "Cable was right!"

Im happy. Im just happy right now.
    could write a lot more, but this is basically the main message.

Welcome back, my X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Agreed. As long as Demayo didn't do anything vile, I say give the man a redemption arc. These episodes were a showcase of his talents as a writer.
    I want him for the live action MCU X-Men too. He just gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Magneto looks like David Bowie. What happened?
    What era of David Bowie because Im not seeing it.

As someone who religiously watched every episode of the old series repeatedly and has memorized every single episode, I am quite pleased with what I saw! It does feel a bit more “adult” than the previous series did (even had a couple minor cuss words) but it still felt like the same characters I fell in love with (and mourned the loss of) over 26 years ago. It is weird how some of the talking animation seemed “off” (like the mouth movements didn’t match the words they were saying) yet the action scenes were downright beautiful! And yea, a few things were definitely a bit too “on the nose” for my liking, but overall, thus far, I am pretty damn happy with what I saw!

In fact, my only major complaint is how the end credits cut away before it shows the character turnaround profiles for Wolverine, Rogue and Magneto! I realize it was a homage to how they cut away from Jubilee in the previous series during Season 1 (which also annoyed me) but I don’t believe there was a reason to pay homage to something that was an error in the first place. It should have been fixed here. Regardless though, I certainly do look forward to the next episode and fingers are crossed that they don’t screw it up!
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    What era of David Bowie because Im not seeing it.
    Actually he kinda gives me "David Bowie"/The Sovereign vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

So excited for Scott and Logan to bond over being in love with Jean's clone and not Jean.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why is everyone acting like the last episode of the last series didn't happen?

Also that cliffhanger.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why is everyone acting like the last episode of the last series didn't happen?

Also that cliffhanger.
    Yeah it's not immediately clear if the X-Men are sort of pretending Charles is dead and not in space... or if there's a story to be told and they were made to forget. Knowing Xavier is coming back eventually, I suspect it might be the latter.

Where did we leave rogue and gambit in the animated series, were they together?

If so this is not a good look for Rogue

I'm surprised this made it in!

That looks like a kill shot.

Some things I liked, some things I hated (*cough*Rogue/Magneto*cough*). I'm still giving the series a chance, but it won't stop me from yelling at the screen when I don't like what I see.
    Gambit. Rogue. Repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Agreed. As long as Demayo didn't do anything vile, I say give the man a redemption arc. These episodes were a showcase of his talents as a writer.
    Heck if it wasn’t vile I’d say get this man working on a live action X-Men movie stat!

Love every bit of this show. It was everything I hoped and dreamed for.

Man those Storm scenes. Her crawling on the ground like a newborn crying, being afraid of the thunder for probably the first time, the letter. Storm and Scott really made out like bandits here. wooh! That really was some good writing.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/