Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Oh Rogue.

You. dumb. bitch.

Even so, I love this.

Val Cooper on a treadmill? I love it.

Gambit skipping a rescue so his beignets are perfect? I love it.

Wolverine rushing Jean to the hospital? I love it. I love cartoon Wolverine so much.

Storm turning sand to glass? I love it.

The only thing bugging me is that Bishop seems a bit of a nothing so far. I hope he gets more to do.

This Magneto is sexy, but Rogue- he using you like a JFK used Marilyn.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 03-20-2024 at 10:17 AM.

im curious how the "Rogneto" arc will be handled

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    im curious how the "Rogneto" arc will be handled
    I'm sure he'll do something upsetting and she'll find her way back to Gambit .

It was so freaking good! So many great scenes. And little touches. References. Cameos. "Gold balls" for a super power? Hahaha! "Omega level threat detected." Jubilee's dance. Roberto's voice.
    Jennifer Hale is as amazing as always. The new Cyclops and Magneto sound really good too.

Ugh! Every commercial break had me groaning at the interruption and wiggling in my chair!

I'd have the X-men theme played at my funeral with an screen running the remade new intro. Not sure how that's a compliment to the show but it came to mind and I assume it's all to do with admiration of how good it is. So good they didn't even try to do a new one!

Gonna be jones'n every week until the next episode drops.

Critiques . . . so I have none of my own. I did see one I kinda of agreed with in that there is a LOT going on. I wonder if it might be too much for anyone completely new to this franchise.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

The Red Dragon

I enjoyed it and “Jean” is already better than the original animated one. Really anticipated episode 3 after that cliffhanger.

Jennifer Hale was a definite upgrade. I liked Storm and Jean’s friendship.

Rogue’s little sayings were a little heavy handed and she sounded kinda old. Lol

Its like catching up with old friends but man it wasnt til the opening of this episode that show me how cool Cyclops can be. The way he used his laser to shoot across the field and then he did some hand to hand was very good and impressive. Magneto and Rogue wonder when in the show timeline that relationship happen in the first place? But I dont blame Mag its Rogue. Always nice to see Logan laugh at him ready to fight apocalypse for Jean. And the last scene I hope that the one who gave birth isnt the clone. Cause I never liked how it happen in the comics with Scott leaving Maddie hopefully it wont happen here in the tv show
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

You know it's the real Jean at the end because she fainted a second after she appeared

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    You know it's the real Jean at the end because she fainted a second after she appeared
    lol !!!

Queen Maddie!

As I said in the other thread, my 10 year old self is so overwhelmed and my heart full!

Quick notes:

- The animation is very anime inspired. Lots of closeups on the eyes and a few action freeze frames here and there.
    - Storm was amazing. I didn't expect the depowering to happen so quickly, but once I saw X-Cutioner's weapon, I knew it was coming.
    - Cyclops was very bad ass but still the boy scout. Pretty spot on characterization.
    - I like that Val isn't a cartoony, one-sided antagonist.
    - Noticed some small changes to address kind of the fainting Jean trope. When she was using Cerebro and had the backlash, she cried out but then quickly recovered and was like "I'm here! I'm here!". Much more competent and a team player. Hale's voice acting was great there.
    - I think one reviewer (was it Grace Randolph) that said this show was very horny... I kind of get it now lol. I actually quite liked Jubilee and Roberto's final scene. Also the rendering of the dancing/movement was really good. That couldn't have been easy.
    - Morph's new actor did the little laugh!! So far the character hasn't been super developed, but I liked the little bit at the end with them excitedly getting the door.
    - Magneto was first featured in the second ep's intro. I wonder if the intro will rotate every week. Cyke is normally first and that fits for the first ep. Second ep was Magneto focused and he was first. That would be pretty cool, plus the insertion of different scenes from the original series in the second half of the intro make it really satisfying!

A few critiques:

- Unfortunately Rogue took a hit for me. I actually don't mind RogueNeto since I'm such a 90s kid, but it did kind of come from nowhere. My main critique is the design and unfortunately the voice acting. Bless Lenore Zann, but she sounds the most different. The struggle to achieve that sound and twang starts to veer a little Marge Simpson/Rugrats territory.
    - Bishop also didn't get a good showing. It's just the first few eps, but his presence is a whimper and he gets taken out easily in both eps. Also the Phil Akin did a far superior old-school, swag interpretation. The new voice actor just doesn't have that maturity and Bishop is supposed to have seen things!
    - I don't like that they've continued with Morph being able to sort of copy powers like in the ep "Courage" from '92. They went a little ambiguous with more physical things like Archangel wings, Colossus armor but also showed Psylocke's swords skills which Morph shouldn't really have. But note, first time Colossus' costume was featured!
    - Last, the Magneto design. It just doesn't look right, especially with the choice to have him with the long flowing hair. The shoulders and proportions are off. JRJR's original version is unmatched.

Last edited by superjosh; 03-20-2024 at 10:52 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

So...I watched the snippets posted on YT for both episodes and...The animation art certainly is a million times better but...I still find it just as much cringe as when I saw it decades ago. Bottom line, now as back then, this is clearly not for this X-Men fan.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-20-2024 at 10:46 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I saw the first episode this morning and it was great.

But this second episode... holy ****!!!!

HOLY ****!

Whoever wrote that is a genius. spoilers:
    The speech Magneto gave and the emotion tied up with that moment were magnificent. And later when he takes those people to the stratosphere and when his tears fall when he realizes he can't just kill them. THAT is the X-Men. The blatant shots at all the bigots that are thrown down in almost every scene are magnificent.
    end of spoilers Man this show reminds me of how X-Men is the best franchise Marvel has by a landslide. This cartoon is also way more mature and relevant now than 30 years ago and I am here for it. Loved the cliffhanger. Love that Morph is essentially a cameo machine.
    Last edited by BESTXMAN; 03-20-2024 at 10:47 AM.

When Jean goes into labor and the first thing Logan thinks is that Apocalypse is coming made me laugh.

I really enjoyed the show, but I was quite disappointed by the Rogneto, I wasn't expecting it. I hope it doesn't drag on too long.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    - I don't like that they've continued with Morph being able to sort of copy powers like in the ep "Courage" from '92. They went a little ambiguous with more physical things like Archangel wings, Colossus armor but also showed Psylocke's swords skills which Morph shouldn't really have. But note, first time Colossus' costume was featured!
    I think they might be leaning into Morph's AoA/Exiles powers where he's an omnimorph who can alter his body into any substance and change his weight and density which would definitely allow for Angel's wings and Colossus's armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I never expected to see Rogue and Magneto's romance in an adaptation. Comic-accurate Scemma might still have a chance.
    I hope so, but I also doubt it. The showrunner is a Jott shipper and not a fan of Emma as a hero. Maybe in season 3?

I just want to see Emma in a recurring role. Emma, Betsy and Kitty are the biggest omissions so far (even though we saw the first 2 briefly in TAS).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I think they might be leaning into Morph's AoA/Exiles powers where he's an omnimorph who can alter his body into any substance and change his weight and density which would definitely allow for Angel's wings and Colossus's armor.
    I guess I'd be ok with physical interpretations of powers but not skill sets and I guess weapons (swords)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Rogue’s little sayings were a little heavy handed and she sounded kinda old. Lol
    I know! We get it, you like cats lmao

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    I'd have the X-men theme played at my funeral with an screen running the remade new intro.
    OMG I'm with you on this one!