Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's so weird .
    They wanted Cable to sound younger since they're finally going to start revealing the family relationships and they thought a younger sounding voice would be easier to swallow haha. But to keep it all in the family the decided for some switcharoos. Dunno why they didn't just hire a new actor for Cable and have Chris Potter couldn't as Gambit, so that's def weird.

Spectacular Member

The O5 photo never made sense to me in the context of the original series. At least Bobby got an episode explaining his history with the team, but Warren was never presented as an original member afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    The O5 photo never made sense to me in the context of the original series. At least Bobby got an episode explaining his history with the team, but Warren was never presented as an original member afaik.
    Like the comics, the show wasnt immune to its own set of retcons

BANNED

Not at first, but in the later seasons they had some flashbacks to the X-Men's early days and he was present in them as part of the original team.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    Not at first, but in the later seasons they had some flashbacks to the X-Men's early days and he was present in them as part of the original team.
    Saitou is right though. The later flashbacks are a retcon as Warren appeared in season 1 and there is no indication that he even knew the Xmen

Yeah, I wonder how they'll deal with Warren. Maybe they can say Xavier wiped his memory of being on the team or something

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yeah, I wonder how they'll deal with Warren. Maybe they can say Xavier wiped his memory of being on the team or something
    Now I would take liberties with that and retcon it with him always being in the team.

Spectacular Member

It's both awesome and sad at the same time to see these people doing reaction videos to the latest episodes being so blown away by how cool Scott is.

Yeah in the '92 version, it was a flashback in the "Xavier Remembers" episode where Angel was included. It was just kind of an easter egg that didn't make sense, but now the O5 photo kind of put it front and center.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Like the comics, the show wasnt immune to its own set of retcons
    In one of the Beyond Good and Evil eps, Shard specifically says "Archangel, destined to join the X-Men" implying he hadn't yet up to that point. (Also some foreshadowing since the plan was to have Warren join for season 5.) Before that line, they could have fudged it a little.

It's both awesome and sad at the same time to see these people doing reaction videos to the latest episodes being so blown away by how cool Scott is.
    One YouTuber actually asked out loud, "Why are ya'll making Cyclops so cool though? What's going on??"

Fox may have actually done MORE damage than we give them credit for!

I really wish that Rogue would figure out that condoms exist. Her whole angst over touching was compelling in 1983. It is boring and played out in 1997 much less 2024.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I really wish that Rogue would figure out that condoms exist. Her whole angst over touching was compelling in 1983. It is boring and played out in 1997 much less 2024.
    ????You do realize that there is still skin to skin contact with condoms right?

The simplest solution which they never want to bring up is that muant inhibitors exist. It the premise of Storm's story arc. Beast most definitely could create a bracelet for her that she can switch on/off bc that tech exists in this universe
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-23-2024 at 10:20 AM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    doesn’t feel as good lol
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    They wanted Cable to sound younger since they're finally going to start revealing the family relationships and they thought a younger sounding voice would be easier to swallow haha. But to keep it all in the family the decided for some switcharoos. Dunno why they didn't just hire a new actor for Cable and have Chris Potter couldn't as Gambit, so that's def weird.
    Hope the new guy can deliver that “Wild Man of Borneo” line with grizzled, sarcastic perfection.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Saitou is right though. The later flashbacks are a retcon as Warren appeared in season 1 and there is no indication that he even knew the Xmen
    I mean it is definitely a retcon, afterall Warren did speak to both Cyclops and Professor X in his first and second appearances and there was no indication they had met and knew each other prior, I'm just saying the retcon was made in the original series, not 97.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Yeah in the '92 version, it was a flashback in the "Xavier Remembers" episode where Angel was included. It was just kind of an easter egg that didn't make sense, but now the O5 photo kind of put it front and center.

In one of the Beyond Good and Evil eps, Shard specifically says "Archangel, destined to join the X-Men" implying he hadn't yet up to that point. (Also some foreshadowing since the plan was to have Warren join for season 5.) Before that line, they could have fudged it a little.
    I mean you can just take what Shard said to mean Warren will eventually rejoin the team since he wasn't at the time, plus the future characters don't have perfect knowledge of the past so it's possible she doesn't know he was part of the team once before.