Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Nahh

To be fair if they will be together i hope is written well. Is mysterious and kinda catchy? What Secret past they have and etc. but is not the main goal

As a Magneto Fan. Rogue Fan and Gambit fan but more importantly as XMEN fan i want this to be well written and good quality. WE XFANS deserve this after years of miscariage form Marvel.

Good first 2 episodes.

That cliffhanger! Whhhhhhhhaaaaat. lol this was GOOD.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Rogue/Magneto seems really weird for the show's continuity. Between being part of Mystique's brotherhood and joining the X-Men after absorbing Ms. Marvel, somehow she had time to have a relationship with Magneto? It seems like a blatant retcon (although the original show wasn't always consistent with continuity either especially with Angel).

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    See i don't think this is Jean but i could be wrong. IT's like she is recounting her memories but it's like. "Who was that for?" Storm was there. And she seems so ready to just leave the x-men. maybe the spoilers just have me waiting to see but something seems off with her. Second time she recounted a memory out of nowhere.
    I noticed too that she seemed to bring up a lot of memories almost like a subconscious validation to make them real. Her wanting to leave the X-Men so desperately reminded me more of Madelyne. At least Scott actually left the mission to be part of the baby's birth though. The dual Jean confrontation at the X-Mansion seems to be inspired by Betsy/Kwannon's first meeting.

Didn't expect baby Nathan to be born so quickly and the dual Jeans to be revealed so fast. I figured there would be more of a slow burn so I'm glad we're diving straight into the story.

Oh this was GREAT. Disney's got a hit on their hands.

Wow. I'm actually blown away by how good the first 2 episodes were, and how much they were able to pack into each without them feeling overloaded. This is a hit. There were so many fanboy squeal-worthy moments.

"Omega-level threat detected."

Jean is already 100x better than the TAS version. Morph is going to become a favorite just for the fanservice nature of their transformations; I LOVED seeing them fight as Betsy.

It looks like the courtroom sketches were done by Lucas Wernek.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That cliffhanger! Whhhhhhhhaaaaat. lol this was GOOD.
    Yes, I wonder which is the real deal! That was a great way to get us excited for episode 3.
    Mutant and Proud!

It's sooo good. I love the team dynamics! I missed this since X-Men Evolution. And I LOVE the fact that everyone has a chance to shine. It's such a breath of fresh air from all the Wolverine spotlight in the 2000s and the Mystique/Xavier/Magneto circle jerk in the movies.

I got teary when they really made Cyclops shine. This is the most respect he has gotten since forever. And Storm, my queen, still being a badass as usual. I love how they are so creative with the powers and abilities, and love how they are showcasing Morph's potential. I wonder if he can also copy powers and not just physical traits? Love how Beast took over the Sentinel. I love Bishop's addition to the show.

My only hilarious stuff is that they really amped Storm's caps lock and reverb, lmao. It's even more dramatic than before.

And yes to Jean (or Madelyne?) for not fainting every time. I think that might be Madelyne trying to break the team by making Scott leave the team.

Although I need some time to get used to the new VA's for Bishop and Jean. The original ones were really good.

EDIT: I love how the Sentinels detected "Omega-level threat" when Storm was about to whoop their asses. I guess the classification system is also being applied to this show.

And I love how they're really staying with her character. She pops off when she can let loose and not claim a life (wiping the Sentinels). But she holds back a lot when fighting against humans as how she dealt with it with Bishop during Sunspot's rescue mission.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 03-20-2024 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    I wonder if he can also copy powers and not just physical traits? Love how Beast took over the Sentinel. I love Bishop's addition to the show.
    It seems so; they copied Archangel's wings and flew but it was a split-second shot.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Loved the first two episodes!!! Better than I ever could have expected. Jubilee’s new voice actress did great- and I really loved how playful, fun, and also supportive Jubilee was shown to be. The interactions with Sunspot, the new kid, were very endearing.

Awesome. Anybody who was worried that this was just going to be a nostalgia cash grab and not live up to hype just got utterly dominated by reality. I hope the show and future seasons can maintain this quality now that the showrunner got the boot.

Favorite scenes were Scott optic blast skating and decimating the FOH and Storm glassing sand and wrecking the sentinels with the ensuing whirlwind. And Gambit is just too sexy.

I was extremely nervous about this show going in, but the team did a great job! Lots of fan service, but also a very tight narrative with lots to chew on. For just 2 30 minute episodes, so much characterization, story, and feats were delivered. Quite impressive.

Loved Scott using his blasts to move fast on the ground. I don't think they've ever used that in the comics, but it looks great in animation. Loved Ororo's lightning-glass tornado!!!!! So epic! Morph transforming into everybody was great too. As for the Magneto-Rogue-Gambit triangle, very surprised to see them go for that, especially with this Magneto looking so old and this Rogue feeling pretty young. It is hard to imagine how their [Savage Land romance?] backstory fits into this continuity, but I'm down to see how this shakes out. Roberto was well-characterized in his few scenes, and they even did his black Kirby krackle form justice(unlike all the movies!!), but I didn't understand how he disappeared so quickly.

The UN trial(Val was always a USA operative in the comics, but this role works too I guess, and I can barely recognize the OG Jean's voiceactor there, so I guess it's good they didn't use her for Jean again) was very well done, even if so brief, and my poor Ororo! LifeDeath is coming later this season, so I hope they are able to serve that story just as well(and hopefully they get her powers back before the end of the season, I don't think I can go years like in the original comics, even if that was a great period for her). And of course the Maddy/Jean reveal at the end! Wow, can we say drama? This is firing on all cylinders. I'm glad they're going for a weekly release, we need to savor this show!

If I nitpick, I would say I miss old Bishop's voiceactor. The new one didn't get a lot to say, so maybe he'll grow on me eventually, but what was here wasn't great. Same with the new Magneto. I just loved the original so much(kinda weird facial design too, but whatever...). The new Gambit worked fine(as did his outfits, wow!), as did Cyke and Jean and Jubilee. Overall the sound design/voices were great, even the aging OG cast!

I don't know what Beau did to get fired, but he wrote the heck out of this. Very impressive. When Disney wasn't really advertising this show until the last minute(and I didn't really like the first trailer), I was nervous. I thought it was either going to be a dumpster fire, or they knew they were sitting on gold. Looks like we hit the jackpot! Go X-Men!!!!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Beau got fired for his horny photos. Hope he could "Gunnize" this situation (just if he gives me more Rogneto material)

Punk Storm arc inc? Probably explains the hairstyle change. This is such a creative way to nurture and grow the character. I love it!

Thought this was really fun and engaging, the animation is GOLD. The characterizations were top notch, especially Storm, Cyclops, Wolvie, Jubilee and Gambit. Val Cooper is an intriguing addition, I like it.

I do hope following episodes focus more on the characters who weren't given much in these 2 episodes. Wish we'd seen more of Bishop, why he's with the team now and just more of him interacting with the others overall.

Re: Rogneto. I was surprised with it. It just baffles me that they chose this messy direction (even though I'm OK with the reasoning: she can touch him and that's tempting when the other option is eternal physical loneliness) and I hope Rogue's story this season doesn't get relegated to this. I'm 100% sure she will end up with Gambit, we're supposed to root for him and Rogue & Gambit were arguably the biggest romance from the original series, but still...