Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    If it’s something behavioral and not an action he committed, then DeMayo should be rehired. If James Gunn’s nasty ass can get a second shot and rewarded with GOTG3 and running DC, then they can give DeMayo a bone, especially since he has us all talking with his writing.

But then you remember this is Hollywood and the same rules don’t apply to us as black people.
    I thought Gunn was fired bc of old tweets that resurfaced not bc of bad behavior on set and being difficult to work with. Not that that matters as that has nothing to do with this case. I'll try not to respond bc I dont know why DeMayo was fired. Im just saying mistreatment of others should not be overlooked no matter how good a person's body of work is

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I thought Gunn was fired bc of old tweets that resurfaced not bc of bad behavior on set and being difficult to work with. Not that that matters as that has nothing to do with this case. I'll try not to respond bc I dont know why DeMayo was fired. Im just saying mistreatment of others should not be overlooked no matter how good a person's body of work is
    Gunn was fired for the old disgusting tweets, but I’m saying if he could get rehired after that, then DeMayo should be too if what he did wasn’t heinous.

And true mistreatment of others shouldn’t be overlooked, but if someone can fix their behavior then I think that person should be given another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Also he and Jubilee were pretty cute together. Not sure if they plan on exploring that (would pairing the two "kids" up be a little on the nose?) but I look forward to seeing them share scenes together again.
    They will and it's been a highly talked about ep. spoilers:
    They go on a date and get trapped in some Mojoworld scenario where they're like 8-bit or something lol
    end of spoilers

I like how the shows' set up Val Cooper. She's the X-Men's UN contact and an old friend of Xavier's (so kind of like Moira in that sense) and she seems pretty respectable and law-abiding...she's just held back by being a human in an X-Men cartoon. All the same, I respect any woman who treadmills in a leotard.
    I said the same thing earlier. I thought her character would be one note, but they wrote her to be quite respectful. The treadmill scene had to be an homage to the President on her treadmill in the '92 series. That was hilarious on it's own already and a great example of how this show has always been more thoughtful.

Morph's main role in the show seems to be comedy relief, riling up and being a sounding board for Logan, and featuring even more cameos. We've got Professor X! Archangel! Blob! Sabertooth! Lady Deathstrike! Colossus (with his classic uniform that he never actually wore in the show! Psylocke with twin katana's!!
    I just hope Morph doesn't use any powers that they don't possess. I'm fine with physical "morphing" but the katanas were pushing it!

Bishop kind of feels just...there. Like looking cool and talking about the future...which I guess is Bishop's thing, but it doesn't really help him stand out, as cool as it is to have him on the team here. He lacks a certain gravitas that he had in the original show.
    Also said the same thing! The original actor (Philip Akin) just had a way of voicing Bishop where you knew he thought everyone around him was an idiot... exactly how I think of Bishop!

As awesome as it was watching Storm flex her Omega-level Mutant muscle against the Sentinels, it was obviously set up for her losing her powers, which was handled as appropriately dramatic and life-shattering as possible. I wonder if she's going to find Forge to help her get her powers back? Too bad she left before she got to see her sisters' double though.
    It would be great to see Forge, but since he wasn't responsible for her de-powering, the story won't have the same punch. But it could still work as a purely romantic story I guess.

Not even a VA change could prevent Magneto from being the most poetic, complex, and philosophical character in the whole show.
    I think I did get used to Magneto's voice pretty readily and the actor pulled off all the speeches.

The doctor not willing to work on a Mutant Baby wasn't surprising but I found Rogue absorbing his doctor skills to deliver a baby funnier than I think it was intended to be.
    It's funny because in a normal cartoon geared towards kids, that would have been a reasonable plot point. But since the viewers are pretty much all adults, that scene was ridiculous lol. Jean been pregnant for 9 months and didn't have her own OBGYN?? No doula?? Lol come on lady.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    They will and it's been a highly talked about ep. spoilers:
    They go on a date and get trapped in some Mojoworld scenario where they're like 8-bit or something lol
    end of spoilers

I said the same thing earlier. I thought her character would be one note, but they wrote her to be quite respectful. The treadmill scene had to be an homage to the President on her treadmill in the '92 series. That was hilarious on it's own already and a great example of how this show has always been more thoughtful.

I just hope Morph doesn't use any powers that they don't possess. I'm fine with physical "morphing" but the katanas were pushing it!

Also said the same thing! The original actor (Philip Akin) just had a way of voicing Bishop where you knew he thought everyone around him was an idiot... exactly how I think of Bishop!

It would be great to see Forge, but since he wasn't responsible for her de-powering, the story won't have the same punch. But it could still work as a purely romantic story I guess.

I think I did get used to Magneto's voice pretty readily and the actor pulled off all the speeches.

It's funny because in a normal cartoon geared towards kids, that would have been a reasonable plot point. But since the viewers are pretty much all adults, that scene was ridiculous lol. Jean been pregnant for 9 months and didn't have her own OBGYN?? No doula?? Lol come on lady.
    I dont think they were actually katanas. I feel like they were an extension of morph. Similar to how some symbiotes turn their hands into weapons. they are katanas made of morph. morphtanas.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I dont think they were actually katanas. I feel like they were an extension of morph. Similar to how some symbiotes turn their hands into weapons. they are katanas made of morph. morphtanas.
    Yeah I get that but I still prefer all morphing to be contained in/on the body. What if they were to get separated from a weapon they manifested? That’s a chunk of you!

Amazing Member

I think they couldn't get separated outside of violent means. It's like if a Psylocke action figure had permanent swords. They are not actually separate things, they just look like it.

Absolutely loved it! I screamed every time Storm came down with one of her speeches!

What they have done to Cyclops's use of power was simply amazing.

I think the cliffhanger will be resolved quickly with the Jean Grey clone being revealed to has escaped one of Sinister's lap. It will be way too hardcore if they reveal that the pregnant Jean was indeed only a clone while the real Jean was kidnapped by Sinister and imprisioned somewhere. I doubt they will go down this road. They should! but I doubt it.

I cannot wait for next week. Really hate this weekly format though for shows that are only 30 minutes each...probably wait a few weeks and then watch it.

p.s. really sad, that Jean has refused to bring her iconic fainting....!!!! Marxist queen succumbed to capitalist productivity... :-((((
    Last edited by Exodus; 03-21-2024 at 02:09 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The best thing I can say about this show is that it feels like not just a sequel to the original show, carrying on the storylines, character arcs, story conventions, and overall message of the original X-Men: The Animated Series but it's also very much a revival, featuring modern animation/writing, topical story beats, and amazing action animation. After so many years without an X-Men cartoon, it's a strong return to form for both Marvel Animation and the X-Men as a brand.
    Quotes for truth. If I had to summarize the show's greatest accomplishment so far it would be striking an unprecedented perfect balance between nostalgia and freshness. They really made it feel like a continuation of the original as well as its own thing. The retro, slightly cheesy bits like Storm's entrances just put a smile to my face instead of making me cringe as they were juxtaposed to the more modern and mature bits in an exciting mix that frankly just... worked. It really is an amazing accomplishment.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Sidebar, but did you scream a little on the inside when Morph turned into Psylocke?
    I saw this on Twitter earlier and now I can't unsee it LOL

(from CC's Exiles)

Gunn was fired for the old disgusting tweets, but I’m saying if he could get rehired after that, then DeMayo should be too if what he did wasn’t heinous.

And true mistreatment of others shouldn’t be overlooked, but if someone can fix their behavior then I think that person should be given another chance.
    I don't think we need to be deifying DeMayo or clamoring for his return; Disney knows more than we do about why they "parted ways" with him. If anything, his work being so well-received should hammer the point home that the X-Men are best written by people who understand what they stand for. Beau DeMayo is Black, gay, and adopted. It's not shocking at all that he figured out how to write X-Men well, and Marvel would do well to find more talent like him rather than the Gerry Duggans of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Thankfully they won't (and can't) repeat the Trail of Gambit. so no Rogue leaving Gambit to die in antarctica.
    Please, I hope you’re right. When Gambit says Rogue came to his defense, I got all nervous like…is this foreshadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    Really interested to see what storylines they touch on for the rest of the season. Biggest question after the cliff hanger is how long Jean has been missing (Season 2 of X-men or is this something more recent). Either way we will be getting Mr. Sinister as a villain. Heard the Hellfire Club (Sebastian and Emma) make appearances. Can't wait
    Re-reading Rift’s epic and hilarious summary of the show to see if I missed anything - one thing I forgot was someone offering to buy Roberto. Was it revealed who was purchasing mutants? Then we get the FoH harassing the Morlocks. Does Mr. Sinister have the FoH unwittingly doing his bidding?

Quote Originally Posted by CamilleMoineau View Post
    His "other power"

WANTS
    For this situation to not turn out as bad as I fear.
    THE BASKETBALL GAME. THEY WERE ALREADY LOOKING ICONIC, DAMMIT.
    A nice, heartfelt, serious convo at one point. TALK. I don't need the BS non-communication we had to suffer through for so long.
    A first date, at least. Please?
    After the Wolverine “Apocalypse?!” line, Gambit’s “other power” was the next biggest laugh for me. I also am hoping Gambit lets Rogue do her own thing and be happy, even if it’s not with him, and I pray it happens sooner rather than later, so he doesn’t spend the next 8 episodes being a butthurt whiner about it. Because I don’t want to be a butthurt whiner either! It was an absolute joy seeing him be his smirky jerky self.

Which reminds me - Beast! This is the character I recognize. Wow, now that is nostalgic, that warm feeling you get of comforting recognition. Like a big hug from Beast himself.

This was absolute perfection!

My only gripe is having to wait each week for a new episode. Just drop them all at once so we can binge over and over!

ALso the way Mags told spoilers:
    about his mind connection with Xavier, prepare yourself for Onslaught as big bad of season 2
    end of spoilers.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Bro, how did X-Cutioner go from that guy who could barely shoot a Mega Buster in episode 1 to someone with Daredevil's fighting skills in episode 2? Did he level grind between episodes?
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

I gave the show a chance and had some good action. But every trope I hate was used by Beau Demayo in these scripts. Cyclops especially came across as a 2nd banana. They are really using Scott for nostalgia but it's clear they didn't want him to appear as super strong. People are talking about his optic fights but they also showed him getting his butt kicked easily by Executioner. Whereas a Storm is depicted as the most powerful mutant. It's clear Scott is just being exploited as a placeholder under Storm replaces him. Cyclops will never be used correctly he's going to go off in the sunset by the end of the series or to be a rogue fighter or something. I feel like it's the Obi Wan show again or most Marvel phase 4 with this same premise.

All I'll say is I think the original show was more mature than this show. I don't know how or explain it but the original show felt more elegant? Or regal in its depictions of characters. Or at least had more personality. The characters here feel less organic and more forced.

Idk I just don't like how every Marvel trope is in this show and the lack of creatively or thought in the story and characters is how people are introduced to these characters now.