Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

So I watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say, it's pretty much what I expected and very similar to the OG show. Unfortunately, I was never a big fan of the original lol so I'm very happy for the fans that lived it but it just didn't hit for me. I'll probably watch it once it's all comes out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    For a second there, I thought it wouldn't, but lo and behold the BS.
    Straight white males are truly oppressed.
    Last edited by 80sbaby; 03-21-2024 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    So I watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say, it's pretty much what I expected and very similar to the OG show. Unfortunately, I was never a big fan of the original lol so I'm very happy for the fans that lived it but it just didn't hit for me. I'll probably watch it once it's all comes out, though.

Straight white makes are truly oppressed.
    i want a shirt with the executioners line to scott on it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Scott is a straight white male who's basically a vanilla boy scout. For sure he's going to get his ass kicked and never going to be a true leader on the show.

But the show is great. Hopefully the ratings are there. Never watched the old episodes but now there's a good reason to.
    Wait what? So because he follows the rules he should be getting his ass kicked and not be a true leader.

Like what content have you been reading watching.

Cyclops should always be at the level of Captain America, Reed Richards, Black Panther. He IS the X-Men. He IS the leader of the X-Men.

Everything shown in these first two episodes show him as a capable leader but still being his vanilla rule follower self.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Absolutely loved it! I screamed every time Storm came down with one of her speeches!

What they have done to Cyclops's use of power was simply amazing.

I think the cliffhanger will be resolved quickly with the Jean Grey clone being revealed to has escaped one of Sinister's lap. It will be way too hardcore if they reveal that the pregnant Jean was indeed only a clone while the real Jean was kidnapped by Sinister and imprisioned somewhere. I doubt they will go down this road. They should! but I doubt it.

I cannot wait for next week. Really hate this weekly format though for shows that are only 30 minutes each...probably wait a few weeks and then watch it.

p.s. really sad, that Jean has refused to bring her iconic fainting....!!!! Marxist queen succumbed to capitalist productivity... :-((((
    I wonder if it was telling that Jean remembered the Dark Phoenix saga because that's when the switch happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much of the trailers was allready seen in these first two episodes?
    There's still a lot of stuff we haven't seen yet.
    I feel like you definitely get more out of it if you were a fan of the original though I think it still holds up relatively well as an X-Men cartoon.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

Also spoilers:
    Is anyone else getting the vibe that when Maddie is fully introduced and goes dark, Wolverine will be her Goblyn Prince this time instead of Alex (as he has no real relevance in the series)? This would be THE ULTIMATE in their triangle where he chooses with the other Jean who he was present for her pregnancy and childbirth
    end of spoilers
    I never liked the Scott/Jean/Logan Triangle.

One of my favorite episodes from this series was the AoA Story where Logan and Storm were married. I thought they had great chemistry and I still ship them to this day because of it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i want a shirt with the executioners line to scott on it.
    I hate your whining as much as I hate you?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Wait what? So because he follows the rules he should be getting his ass kicked and not be a true leader.

Cyclops should always be at the level of Captain America, Reed Richards, Black Panther. He IS the X-Men. He IS the leader of the X-Men.

Everything shown in these first two episodes show him as a capable leader but still being his vanilla rule follower self.
    Yeah, you completely missed that posters point.

Fantastic Member

Quick question if I may, Me, my sister and a friend plan to watch the show over the weekend and stream the episodes on a weekly basis thereafter. My sister is blind and I am curious does this show have English Audio Discription? I know most new Disney + shows do, so hopefully this one does as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I hate your whining as much as I hate you?
    "it's the whining that gets me."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Scott is a straight white male who's basically a vanilla boy scout. For sure he's going to get his ass kicked and never going to be a true leader on the show.

But the show is great. Hopefully the ratings are there. Never watched the old episodes but now there's a good reason to.
    Magneto is straight and white.

What exactly is the point of saying something like this beyond driving racial animus?

Ultimate Member

Exactly this.

That poster's comment was in very bad faith and it's really disappointing to see that sort of stuff.

Yeah, you completely missed that posters point.
    Sorry we're crying about Cyclops taking some hits? Ok I guess that was the point to make sure we all know that a straight white man can take some hits from another straight white man.

Cool cool.

Sorry we're crying about Cyclops taking some hits? Ok I guess that was the point to make sure we all know that a straight white man can take some hits from another straight white man.

Cool cool.
    Exactly. It was a pretty sad attempt at victimization.

I liked Gambit's crop top. Does anyone know what he was frying? It looked like biscuits.

Exactly. It was a pretty sad attempt at victimization.
    Pathetic as hell. But you know how some people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy Boy View Post
    I liked Gambit's crop top. Does anyone know what he was frying? It looked like biscuits.
    He was cooking beignets. Go to NOLA, get them with some coffee and powdered sugar and you won’t want nothing sweet for a year. LOL.