Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Infinity Watch Annuals

A new set of Infinity Watch annuals has been announced. Thanos, Thor, Amazing Spider-Man all solicited for July, and Hulk, Ms. Marvel and Spider-Boy are also mentioned to be involved.
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-thanos-in...nes-crossover/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I don't think I've read anything by Derek Landry - can anyone comment on his fit for this project? I'm a bit bored by "Thanos tracking down the Stones Part 37" but I'm always up for a well-written story.

Also, has there been any Infinity Stone stories that fit in between Infinity Heist and this?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I don't think I've read anything by Derek Landry - can anyone comment on his fit for this project? I'm a bit bored by "Thanos tracking down the Stones Part 37" but I'm always up for a well-written story.

Also, has there been any Infinity Stone stories that fit in between Infinity Heist and this?
    He's not very good IMHO. His All-Out Avengers book was pretty bad.

Oh no, Thanos is here again to try and steal Pikachu.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Oh no, Thanos is here again to try and steal Pikachu.
    Then Thanos will stand around saying how he's learned from this, he's grown beyond these things, and he will never again try to obtain godlike status, unless of course he feels like or the cosmic artifacts are really shiny and he just can't resist.

Mighty Member

I wish I cared, and I truly mean that. I genuinely wish I cared, but the breaks we've gotten from Thanos have been so incredibly short nearly a decade that regardless of his status as one of Marvel's Big Bad I don't know how many years it will take for me to be excited about seeing Thanos or a big Thanos plot again. Thanos has been thoroughly milked. I'd be more hype to see Thane at this point.

so the infinity watch is marvel’s answer to the green lantern corps- or is that the nova corps?��
    Last edited by protege; 03-21-2024 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    so the infinity watch is marvel’s answer to he green lantern corps- or is that the nova corps?��
    funny you mention the Lanterns... when I first saw the Spiderman cover, I wondered why he was fighting a bunch of Green Lantern variants.... then I read the copy and realized it's supposed to be Time Stone guy... oops

but like, we barely saw these new characters when they were introduced, and we're supposed to care about them however many years later? nothing enough ever happened with any of them to make me care whether they go away after this. or to bother reading how it plays out.

Incredible Member

now , there's a death stone ? who write these crap ? Though how the last infinity watch lost the stones were very weak, rune stole all the stones and lost them all while trying to get back into the ultraverse, i can't imagine thanos being the reality stone holder would ever be happy to have his stone stolen that way.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    now , there's a death stone ? who write these crap ? Though how the last infinity watch lost the stones were very weak, rune stole all the stones and lost them all while trying to get back into the ultraverse, i can't imagine thanos being the reality stone holder would ever be happy to have his stone stolen that way.
    there's precedent for the Death Stone from one of the Battleworld spin-offs during Secret Wars II.. a Nova Corps member who has the Reality Stone uses it to trick Thanos - who has the other 5 already - by creating the Death Stone with it (never mind the implications of that), which then killed Thanos when he grabbed it and added it to his Gauntlet. so it's not even an original idea at this point.

retread of a retread. yawn.

if you want to do something new, how about having something else in the MU to counter-balance the Infinity Stones... they have this old relic called the Lifestone, that was splintered up into various artifacts like Dr. Spectrum's Skrullian Power Prism, Monnstone's Kree Gravity Stone, Darkhawk et al's Sh'iar Raptor Amulets, Sphinx's Ka Stone, Basilisk's Alpha/Omega Stones, the Bloodstone family's namesake, Manwolf's Godstone and something called the Blue Diamond... establish somehow that the Lifestone, re-assembled, is sufficient to counter or de-power the Infinity Gauntlet... one could even retcon some other artifacts to be part of this, if we want to add more characters (Norn Stones, gems on Mandarin's Makluan rings, Cytorrak's Crimson Gem, etc)...
    make the story about whether these various characters can (or will) actually work together toward the common goal of re-assembling the Lifestone - most of them aren't particularly eager to part ways with the very source of their abilities, etc etc. I'd rather read (or write - hey Marvel. call me lol) something like that, than whatever this is shaping up to be.

I'm willing to have my mind changed by details we don't have yet, but until then? meh
    Last edited by Aarkus; 03-21-2024 at 05:53 AM.

There was a 7th gem during that Ultraverse crossover stuff too. The Ego Gem. I didn't read any of those (I'd pay good money for an Omnibus of all the Utraverse/MU crossover issues), so I don't know any details.

They're doing these again?

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    There was a 7th gem during that Ultraverse crossover stuff too. The Ego Gem. I didn't read any of those (I'd pay good money for an Omnibus of all the Utraverse/MU crossover issues), so I don't know any details.
    I believe some character named Nemesis wound up either "absorbing" that, and/or taking it back to the Ultraverse with her

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    is it that difficult to get all the single issues ?

3 of the crossovers were reprinted in a 80 page special titled 'mutants vs ultras' - prime vs hulk, night man vs wolverine and exiles vs x-men.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mutan...unters_Vol_1_1

there's also a x-men event titled 'the phoenix resurrection' involving a lot of ultraverse titles with the phoenix force finding a new host in the ultraverse
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Phoen...raverse_Event)
    Last edited by marshal88; 03-21-2024 at 08:58 PM.

is it that difficult to get all the single issues ?

3 of the crossovers were reprinted in a 80 page special titled 'mutants vs ultras' - prime vs hulk, night man vs wolverine and exiles vs x-men.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mutan...unters_Vol_1_1

there's also a x-men event titled 'the phoenix resurrection' involving a lot of ultraverse titles with the phoenix force finding a new host in the ultraverse
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Phoen...raverse_Event)
    I have no idea. I've never looked into buying them. But a collection that had everything would be convenient.