Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Hot Claws Wolverine

I thought you guys were kidding. Is this really a thing now?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a Christmas story not meant to take seriously....but yeah he has Hot Claws now, we still don't know what the deal with those things are and we won't until like february because his return has been one of the more dragged stories in the last few years.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I thought you guys were kidding. Is this really a thing now?
    Talk about a hot poke!

Who’s the bub for you to count on?
    Won’t turn from danger from now on
    Accept the Burning Hot Claws, they’re strong
    Check with yourself, see if the facts wrong
    They’re ready for trouble on this platform
    So dare violate and get your back torn
    Out of darkness, rise of justice
    Snikts that save lives inside this crisis
    So violators, you best make way
    'Cuz the Burning #HotClaws are here to stay!

Burning #HotClaws, go!
    To the next stage a Berserker Rage
    Burning #HotClaws, wow!
    'Cuz the Burning Hot Claws are here to stay

Astonishing Member

It's a stupid gimmick.

Astonishing Member

I liked it.
    It have not been used much in the stories because the comic book featuring Logan did not explained how he got that power yet(The limited series is only in issue three now) but i think it´s quite interesting.
    Super heroes having upgrades of powers is nothing new and can translate in cool new direction in the stories of the characters.As Beast for exemple.

Begs the question, at what temperature does adamantium get hot?

Also begs the question does it instantly burn his own skin...and since his skin heals, as long as his claws are out do people smell the scent of constantly burning skin all of the time?

Also begs, the question...why? Just why? I could see if they said that his claws were also carriers of a number of nasty bacterial strains, viruses and toxins like the mouth of a komodo dragon from all of the various flesh that he's cut, but I don't get the hot claws thing. I'm all for power upgrades, but that one seems like they went a bit too far outside of the box.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Wolverine never needs a power upgrade. This is just utter silliness. Like him and any phoenix force tie in also. Lazy and silly

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Begs the question, at what temperature does adamantium get hot?

Also begs the question does it instantly burn his own skin...and since his skin heals, as long as his claws are out do people smell the scent of constantly burning skin all of the time?

Also begs, the question...why? Just why? I could see if they said that his claws were also carriers of a number of nasty bacterial strains, viruses and toxins like the mouth of a komodo dragon from all of the various flesh that he's cut, but I don't get the hot claws thing. I'm all for power upgrades, but that one seems like they went a bit too far outside of the box.
    Funny enough to work with adamantium you need to super heat it. So hot claws should actually weaking the adamantiums bond to his claws and allow them to be chipped if hit with enough force or drip off if heated long enough. But that is assuming they follow the already established property's of adamantium.

Ultimate Member

So I guess anything Logan can't cut through, he can burn through...?

...what can't he cut through that he could instead burn through?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    So I guess anything Logan can't cut through, he can burn through...?

...what can't he cut through that he could instead burn through?
    I'm going to have turn off my inner amateur physics professor mind to read his comics. Given sufficient strength/leverage, Wolverine should be able to cut most things with just his adamantium claws. His claws would have to get insanely hot to burn through anything that he can't cut. We're talking the sun's surface or core temperature minimally, which is what the hottest x-ray lasers can achieve. This is thermonuclear fusion scale stuff, folks. In fact, so hot that when he popped his claws he'd probably explode from immediately superheating the near environment and igniting everything within a few feet of him. After all, a laser is a delimited, controlled mechanical device, not open flames like we'd see with his claws. And sheathing his claws would require one hell of a coolant system, or it would be like housing white hot nuclear daggers in his forearms. And now that I think about it, what exactly is the fuel source for these hot claws? Curious to know.

Here's the rub: Wolverine's body uses quite a bit of its healing factor to cope with the adamantium in his body. His healing factor would be further diminished by having to deal with those supernova sabres in his forearms all day.

I know they want to make him some kind of cosmic badass, but note to the geniuses that came up with this idea: Firelord burns much, much, much more hotter. Yet most of the people that he's faced have still kicked his arse up and down the Crab Nebula and back again. Maybe consider giving Wolvie a different power upgrade? Something cool like Hela's death grip, or Karnak's weakness detection on steroids, or Devilslayer's Shadow Cloak (or do they call them Reaper Cloaks?), so that he can teleport and slash through an army of combatants, killing hundreds, if not thousands in a fraction of a second. I'm sure his fans would prefer that over hot claws.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Those

can't

melt

snow

The whole thing probably started as a joke but later got out of hand and was somehow made canon.

Happy holidays!