Page 118 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2402
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    with respect, that's not my point, which was the Colossus we saw in Deadpool was not "real". We got Deadpool's side of a Rashomon story, and it gave us the bare essence of how Wade views Piotr.

maybe I'm putting too much thought into it, but to me, it's a theory that works well.
    I too liked how Colossus was portrayed and weve already seen Wade is an unreliable narrator and his skewed perspective exaggerates Colossus personality traits to the extreme as a hokey goody two shoes. Would i have liked a Colossus that was more nuanced? sure but at least they showed hes a good dude all around.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcubed View Post
    So we have the Goblin Queen popping up in New X-Men... anyone else other than me hoping Secret Wars Colossus makes his way as well?

he may be my favorite iteration of Colossus.
    I would love to see Hopeless bring back inferno battleworld Colossus, Domino, and Boom Boom into ANXM to interact with the 04, Evan and Idie. i dont think it will happen because i dont know where they could take the story. Colossus got everyone killed and then bailed with Domino and Boom Boom to other regions of battleworld and allowed Maddie to rule that universe. Id love to be wrong though because i enjoy the way Hopeless writes those three.

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    I too liked how Colossus was portrayed and weve already seen Wade is an unreliable narrator and his skewed perspective exaggerates Colossus personality traits to the extreme as a hokey goody two shoes. Would i have liked a Colossus that was more nuanced? sure but at least they showed hes a good dude all around.
    The character was paper-thin, though. Being all cg doesn't help in that regard, but then on top of this he's more a plot device than really a character unto himself. None of this is surprising, we are talking about a Deadpool solo movie and not high art, but I really wish that we could get a more substantial representation of Colossus on the big screen. I'm sure fans of most x-characters feel that way, too, actually. This isn't merely a Colossus problem. Only a few characters have really flourished under Fox's shaky guidance.

Incredible Member

Well looks like after Ressurexion Colossus was reaveled by ign of the Xmen Gold roster. Out is Magik and Iceman in is Kitty Pryde and Rachel Grey. Kitty will be thenew team leader and it will be written by Marc Gugenheim and the art will be Ardian Syaf.

While im happy Colossus is on a more classic lineup and i like the addition of Rachel to the team Gugenheim's past xmen projects dont inspire a lot of confidence and with a classic lineup im afraid they will once again rehash for the Kitty/Petey relationship for the billionth time. Though it will be nice to have Kitty, Petey, and Kurt on the same team again.

Fantastic Member

While im happy Colossus is on a more classic lineup and i like the addition of Rachel to the team Gugenheim's past xmen projects dont inspire a lot of confidence and with a classic lineup im afraid they will once again rehash for the Kitty/Petey relationship for the billionth time. Though it will be nice to have Kitty, Petey, and Kurt on the same team again.
    not that i'm endorsing a relationship, but isn't that unnecessarily hyperbolic? Kitty & Peter were a thing twice - and twice (to my knowledge) horrific writing has had him act stupidly stalkerish towards her (and I'll never forgive Ellis his critical research failure or Aaron his idiocy). it's like Jean Grey dying and returning... there are more jokes and insinuations than actual occurrences. Unless we have to consider Endsong and I don't have enough brain bleach for that.

Having Kurt, Kitty, Peter and Rachel being best friends would be awesome and would likely have me pick up an X-book for the first time since... Fear Itself? The stupid renumbering? Around there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    not that i'm endorsing a relationship, but isn't that unnecessarily hyperbolic? Kitty & Peter were a thing twice - and twice (to my knowledge) horrific writing has had him act stupidly stalkerish towards her (and I'll never forgive Ellis his critical research failure or Aaron his idiocy). it's like Jean Grey dying and returning... there are more jokes and insinuations than actual occurrences. Unless we have to consider Endsong and I don't have enough brain bleach for that.

Having Kurt, Kitty, Peter and Rachel being best friends would be awesome and would likely have me pick up an X-book for the first time since... Fear Itself? The stupid renumbering? Around there.
    Yeah im being hyperbolic but since the late 90's starting with Warren Ellis it seems like Piotr's entire existence revolves around the relationship drama with Kitty. I for the record liked when Whedon put them together but it ran its course and i would prefer Kitty and pete to be just be best friends.

Many of Colossus's best moments either involved Kitty or she was a part of the story, so the two of them being in the same book is fine by me. Might even help to erase the Aaron stink on them, too. We'll see how they are handled, though I wouldn't necessarily expect them to be romantic again.

So Lemire is gone, eh? He claimed that Colossus was his favorite x-character and then proceeded to make him into a zombie thrall for a huge chunk of his run, making it a long period where Colossus gets no character work whatsoever. You get a chance to write your "favorite" character and add absolutely nothing to him. Thanks for exactly that, Jeff.

Blobbylossus is gone!

BANNED

Too bad. He should keep the beard and gut.

Maybe Colossus might get lucky with Rachel Grey.

Fantastic Member

that might be a little squicky for her, since grown up Peter and Kate practically raised her. but it might be an interesting inversion, especially if Kitty and Kurt start something, given that Rachel & Kurt nearly had a thing once way back when.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Favorite Colossus video game appearance?
    does marvel heroes count?
    https://marvelheroes.com/heroes/colossus
    Last edited by steve2275; 11-30-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Today in Extraordinary x-men 16 Deux ex machina; Collossu return normal

Cool Colossus ranked #5 in the 100 greatest X-Men of all time May 27, 2016. http://comicsalliance.com/100-greate...kback=tsmclip:

Well looks like after Ressurexion Colossus was reaveled by ign of the Xmen Gold roster. Out is Magik and Iceman in is Kitty Pryde and Rachel Grey. Kitty will be thenew team leader and it will be written by Marc Gugenheim and the art will be Ardian Syaf.
    why do they keep going back to that awful costume. The chest is different but its still a variation of his original. IMO, he looks better with pants. The underwear look is so outdated