Page 72 of 161 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2402
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    Yep. He tried going toe to toe and was promptly mega punched through a mile or two of forest. So he decided to actually use his skillset to his advantage.
    I just saw the scans.... Meh us colossus fans just have a really low bar when it comes to Pitor. As long as his arms aren't broken or he's not utterly embarrassed by a few punches then we hail marry. "I am one of the Strongest beings on this planet" - was a great line for Colossus though. Nice to finally see some acknowledgement of Colossus's power. Honestly, I thought Clarmonet's one shot where Colossus found a way to KO Hulk despite being outmatched was a much better showing. Having him trick Juggie into falling down a cliff wasn't a real definete defeat. Would have been cooler if he found a way to leverage Juggie's strength against him somehow to make him knock himself out. power.

Spectacular Member

Did I miss an issue or something? I thought the Living Monolith was the Juggernaut at the end of the last issue.

Just saw this one, it's an improvement, but meh. Could have been way cooler.

Edit: Yeah I did miss an issue, did Colossus do anything worth seeing last issue?
    Last edited by Romus5; 04-22-2015 at 07:51 PM.

I am wondering if Cytorak infused Cain with some of Colosus' power? If you look during the fight Colossus and Juggernaut both have the exact same hands. I thought it was interesting that parts of Juggernaut had metal banding similar to Colossus, but their hands are identical sans his knuckles being red and the line down the middle of his fingers also being red.

One thing I did not like about the fight was about all the bones Peter thinks he may have broken... are we back to his metal form just being an outer casing, and he is not solid organic steel? I really wish they would give him some sort of secondary mutation .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcubed View Post
    I am wondering if Cytorak infused Cain with some of Colosus' power? If you look during the fight Colossus and Juggernaut both have the exact same hands. I thought it was interesting that parts of Juggernaut had metal banding similar to Colossus, but their hands are identical sans his knuckles being red and the line down the middle of his fingers also being red.

One thing I did not like about the fight was about all the bones Peter thinks he may have broken... are we back to his metal form just being an outer casing, and he is not solid organic steel? I really wish they would give him some sort of secondary mutation .
    I'm guessing the bones in his body becomes into steel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jcubed View Post

I think it was him just commenting on how much it hurt to punch. He obviously didn't break his hands as he uses them to leap/smash the cliff face. He said the same about his ribs, but appeared no worse for wear. Pete was all about self reflection in this issue. Heh.

Incredible Member

I liked the issue because Petey used his brain against Marko and had a good showing. I would have liked a scene back at the JGS to wrap things up but overall it was a satisfying issue.

Fantastic Member

I think it was him just commenting on how much it hurt to punch. He obviously didn't break his hands as he uses them to leap/smash the cliff face. He said the same about his ribs, but appeared no worse for wear. Pete was all about self reflection in this issue. Heh.
    Under Claremont, Colossus turned everything into organic steel, meaning organic steel bones, muscles, etc.

I suppose Juggernaut would be able to potentially do enough damage to that. Hulk once snapped/bent his arms to a 90 degree angle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    Under Claremont, Colossus turned everything into organic steel, meaning organic steel bones, muscles, etc.

I suppose Juggernaut would be able to potentially do enough damage to that. Hulk once snapped/bent his arms to a 90 degree angle.
    80's Colossus went toe to toe with classic jugs, gladiator, nimrod, iron man, and even took a full blast from beyonder and he never complained of broken bones or arms. It's only in recent years where they've downgraded his durability and bleeds from every cut and scuffle hew gets into.

Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    80's Colossus went toe to toe with classic jugs, gladiator, nimrod, iron man, and even took a full blast from beyonder and he never complained of broken bones or arms. It's only in recent years where they've downgraded his durability and bleeds from every cut and scuffle hew gets into.
    You're reading too much into it. The comment about his hands and ribs were made to bring levity into the situation. Now as for the bleeding? I agree, but they must have fixed it i the last issue as I saw not one drop despite him hetting roughed up.

Fantastic Member

You're reading too much into it. The comment about his hands and ribs were made to bring levity into the situation. Now as for the bleeding? I agree, but they must have fixed it i the last issue as I saw not one drop despite him hetting roughed up.
    there were a stream of post-Whedon writers that seemed to think it was just his skin that was turning to organic steel. Aaron for one, and Brubaker as well, I think. Heck, Whedon seemed to hint at it in his last arc when he started turning human in the Breakworld reactor. It was seemed to be the case when his powers were "broken" and different parts would be shown to be armored.

I think Yost is more familiar with the character.

To me, all writers dealing with Colossus and damage should revert to the Mutant Massacre aftermath where Magneto explained it.

I caught an interview with Hopeless earlier. Apparently this Inferno arc will essentially be like Escape from New York. Colossus is Snake Pliskin?!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...el-comics-2015

Preview for Inferno. For some reason, instead of the rather cool looking outfit we've seen Colossus wearing on the covers, he's now wearing little red booty shorts. Not so good, gentlemen.
    Last edited by Jonas; 04-28-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/co...el-comics-2015

Preview for Inferno. For some reason, instead of the rather cool looking outfit we've seen Colossus wearing on the covers, he's now wearing little red booty shorts. Not so good, gentlemen.
    Colossus was bare chested and wore red shorts during the Outback era, and the setting does takes place four/five years after the "Inferno" event, so the image is probably a flashback.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Colossus was bare chested and wore red shorts during the Outback era, and the setting does takes place four/five years after the "Inferno" event, so the image is probably a flashback.
    Good point. I'd forgotten about that.

It could have been worse, too. They could have gone with the speedo that Silvestri used to draw him in.

Colossus must work out.