Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    I thought he was pretty enjoyable to read in Cable and X-Force. While he didn't do a whole lot it seemed Dennis Hopeless actually got the core of the character right.
    Mybe I'll check that out sometime. But usually when I want to read some Colossus I check out some classic uncanny x-men, my favourite era for him, that and astonishing by Whedon.

Hm, so Colossus joins Amazing X-Men, hoepfully his (imO very cute) romance with Domino won't just be ignored :/

I thought he was pretty enjoyable to read in Cable and X-Force. While he didn't do a whole lot it seemed Dennis Hopeless actually got the core of the character right.
    Mybe I'll check that out sometime. But usually when I want to read some Colossus I check out some classic uncanny x-men, my favourite era for him, that and astonishing by Whedon.

Saw a preview of him in amazing x-men, he seems to be back to where he was when I liked him, haven't followed him at all lately, see me so aggressive with being possessed by Juggernaut n'all.

Astonishing Member

He's supposed to appear in Amazing X-men #8 which I believe is coming out in June when the new creative team of Craig Kyle and Chris Yost writing and Ed McGuinness will remain on art duties.

Edit: Apparently Amazing X-men #8 comes out next week. They posted the preview this morning

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21877
    Wow, that looks amazing! (No pun intended) I'm definitely putting that on my pull list. Great to see Colossus and Nightcrawler back together. I love the question Kurt asks Peter. Kyle and Yost already seem to be off to a good start. Thank you!

I return from my banishment a changed man. Now that I have lied...it's time to get into some Colossus talk. The movie really bait and switched me on participation. He was a walking effect again with no lines! Geez.

Also I picked up Amazing X-men today. It was a set up issue, but the arc looks fun.

Colossus has always been one of my top 5 favorite X-Men.

I remember as a little kid being SO worried for the next issue after Deathbird had thrown the acid on him and then stabbed him through the chest in Uncanny #156. Longest. Month. Ever. He had a great bit in the first 'Secret Wars' mini too, with Zsaji the healer (I appreciate Kitty, but have never been a big fan, especially because she was too young for him at the time).

As Iceman is another of my top 5 favorites, it will be interesting to see the interaction over Kitty. I agree with a couple of previous posters - I am sure they will bond over it after a little initial awkwardness. I'm just glad to have Colossus and Nightcrawler around at the same time again!
    Top 6 Legionnaires: Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Polar Boy, Shadow Lass, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy

Recent favorite books: Black Science, Five Ghosts, and LOW

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kenozoic View Post
    I'm just glad to have Colossus and Nightcrawler around at the same time again!
    yes.....it sure is

on the beefcake front

not by me
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-08-2014 at 11:06 AM.

So when he came back to the X-men did he just show up for no reason and was just allowed to rejoin?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So when he came back to the X-men did he just show up for no reason and was just allowed to rejoin?
    We're not entirely sure. He showed up at the mansion and then all hell broke loose. I can only assume we'll get a bit more information once they find Logan. He's probably the one that got him to come back.

BANNED

I feel that Peter's power set is dumbed down in the books. His battles and all that. Peter should be one of those characters that enemies just fear seeing. Almost in a sense like when Hulk shows up. Colossus is a complete powerhouse, Class 100 strength.

He should be wrecking everything in sight.

Ive always liked the character, especially as a kid. I would never mind seeing him playing more important role in the MU.

Incredible Member

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53368 Interview with Craig Kyle and Chris Yost about Amazing X-men. I have to say as a fan of Colosssus I love their enthusiasm.

Astonishing Member

AMAZING X-MEN #11
    CRAIG KYLE & CHRIS YOST (W)
    CARLO BARBERI (A/C)
    Part 4 (of 5) of World War Wendigo!
    • As the Wendigo threat spreads across Canada, the X-Men take the battle to a new front—the Spirit Realm!
    • Guest staring Alpha Flight!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post

AMAZING X-MEN #11
    CRAIG KYLE & CHRIS YOST (W)
    CARLO BARBERI (A/C)
    Part 4 (of 5) of World War Wendigo!
    • As the Wendigo threat spreads across Canada, the X-Men take the battle to a new front—the Spirit Realm!
    • Guest staring Alpha Flight!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Now THAT looks pretty cool. I am not sure what to think of the Giant-Sized Wendigo, but Colossus is very prominent on the cover. And despite the "spirit realm" solicitation, the Alphans look alive and well.

Incredible Member

I agree. I've always thought Colossus should be doing what the Thing does for FF, i.e., the super-strong member who can mow down most physical opposition. But nowadays, he's written more of "very strong" than a class 100. In a way though, most X-books have no super-strong member. Rogue lo longer has Ms Marvel strength, Frenzy is simply gone and Colossus is downplayed.