Page 104 of 161 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2402

So, issue of EXM #5 arrived, and we got to see Colossus job (physically) to Mr. Sinister. I'm thinking this may have been a tie-in to this Sunday's UFC event, because Sinister was UFC-like choking Petey out. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Five issues in and Lemming's two favorite characters (Colossus and Magik) have been mostly window dressing. Yup...the hype was legit. Yup, more sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    So, issue of EXM #5 arrived, and we got to see Colossus job (physically) to Mr. Sinister. I'm thinking this may have been a tie-in to this Sunday's UFC event, because Sinister was UFC-like choking Petey out. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

Five issues in and Lemming's two favorite characters (Colossus and Magik) have been mostly window dressing. Yup...the hype was legit. Yup, more sarcasm.
    I don't think it's really fair to slam his portrayal of Colossus. This build up was interesting enough, but it quickly faded into oblivion. If Sinister had such a powerful body...why not just use it? The last two issues of this were poopy.

EDIT: A new deadpool tv spot came out. In which it seems the ship in which they fight on is keeling over. Now what would make a perfectly good ship fall over? Answer is Colossus!
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 01-16-2016 at 06:21 PM.

BANNED

Happy Birthday Ann "Annie" Nocenti!!!

Thanks for the Colossus : God's Country story in Marvel Comics Presents

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    I don't think it's really fair to slam his portrayal of Colossus. This build up was interesting enough, but it quickly faded into oblivion. If Sinister had such a powerful body...why not just use it? The last two issues of this were poopy.
    Of course it's fair. What has Lemming (and the editors) given us with his portrayal of Colossus?

- Scaring off a poor bear.
    - Vodka drinker.
    - Brown hair and brown eyes.
    - Bear + vodka...gee not too stereotypical of Russians by Lemming, right...?
    - Abused child.
    - Lecture from his sister that he's an emo chump and to man up.
    - A goofy-ass costume.
    - He beat up a door.
    - The same overprotective Emolossus.
    - Magik having to constantly remind Colossus she doesn't need his help and/or sacrifice.
    - Ram/animal abuser.
    - Got his ass handed to him by Sinister.
    - Saved by his sister. Oh, the irony.

Meow, tell me, what has Lemming done for Colossus (let alone for Magik)?

I have no idea if a typical X-men fan would have liked this first five issues of Extraordinary X-men. Maybe to that hypothetical person, Lemire hit all the right notes with his portrayal of Jean and OML, Storm and the rest. But as a Colossus fan first, X-men fan second, there's nothing in this first arc that is ever worth revisiting. As I mentioned at some point earlier in this thread, this series feels like it is written for two types of readers. The first is the new reader that hasn't seen it all before, such as Colossus once again being overprotective of his sister and Illyana having to once again demonstrate to him how little she needs her brother's protection. The other type of reader is the nostalgia X-men fan, who wants to see all this stuff repeated over and over again because it feels familiar and safe.

Kinda leaves the rest of us looking for something more interesting elsewhere.

BANNED

Nothing was wrong with Colossus's portrayal. He repeatedly beat and broke Sinister's body until Sinister put his head on a stronger body. And that's where his sister came in to help him and cut Sinister's head off. They are a team. He looked after her till she recovered from the drugs Sinister gave her (he had her heavily sedated because he viewed her as a major threat, particularly because of her magic).

I'll disagree with you there, Jonas. I felt like Storm, Bobby, Colossus and Magik were all handled rather poorly over the previous two or three issues.

Also, apparently Deadpool was shown in New York and Los Angeles today. Which is a good thing if you think about it. Fox is so confident about this movie they want people creating an even bigger buzz about it, but it's bad for spoilers. Keep your blinders on if that kind of thing bugs ya.

EDIT: I did see a couple of Deadpool spoiler free reviews out there. Folks are claiming this is the best Fox mutant film to date. Colossus and Negasonic referred to as 'Amazing Players' in the film. So, ya know, Colossus is a major supporting character in a film that's apparently on par or better than the X-men movies.
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 01-19-2016 at 01:11 AM.

Incredible Member

The first arc has been pretty meh but im willing to give Lemire a chance because he spent a few issues getting the band back together. Maybe with the next arc we will see more with the team dynamics now that we've gotten the introductory stuff out of the way at least that's what im hoping.

I'll disagree with you there, Jonas. I felt like Storm, Bobby, Colossus and Magik were all handled rather poorly over the previous two or three issues.
    I don't think we disagree, actually. I'm starting to wonder if there's truly any new ground the X-men franchise can cover, or if it's a limitation in the people who they hire to write them. Everything with this franchise feels like a rehash of past stories.

ETA: I'll keep giving it a chance, too, Petrefax. Because I'm a sucker and as long as Colossus is in the book, I always hope it'll get better.
    Last edited by Jonas; 01-19-2016 at 01:38 PM.

The Apocalypse Wars seems to have an issue or two about Pete. He's time displaced into the future, leading a group of X-men. No idea how the hell that will happen.

Double post, but I saw this on Robert Liefield's twitter.

https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/st...03956788490242

Incredible Member

The Apocalypse Wars seems to have an issue or two about Pete. He's time displaced into the future, leading a group of X-men. No idea how the hell that will happen.
    Nice a Colossus centric issue I wonder who the team of young mutants he will be leading.

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Nice a Colossus centric issue I wonder who the team of young mutants he will be leading.
    Hopefully he'll lead a team formed with characters of New X-men (it seems that Lemire has some love to them ^^)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Hopefully he'll lead a team formed with characters of New X-men (it seems that Lemire has some love to them ^^)
    I seem to recall he had a pretty good rapport with Surge and Rockslide.

Anyways Domilossus or Colomino cracked the top 25 in the best X-Couples voter poll. It clocks in at number 22 pretty impressive for a new couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    NUMBER 22

With a total of 63 points

Attachment 31581

Domino & Colossus

http://community.comicbookresources....-COUPLES/page7

I am sure though Kiotr will be in the top 5 if not I will be shocked.

So, we get to see Colossus beaten and on all fours with Magik swooping in to save his fragile ass in the latest EXM preview. Thanks again, Lemming. Jerk.

On a positive note, the two new Deadpool movie spots with Colossus (blackbird and running) make me smile from ear to ear. Thank you Tim Miller and company for what appears to be a fair, endearing and accurate representation of our beloved Colossus.