Page 156 of 161 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2402
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipitus View Post
    It was disappointing to me as well. I thought the wedding would bring Peter into uncharted territory, until another writer came in and nixed the marriage. He is going back to his wallflower/jobber/eventually does something evil and goes bad again a lot sooner than I expected. He might be better in comic limbo, I guess (and not the Limbo his dumbass sister rules over).

I will buy the next issue of Gold, and see what happens as far as picking up the final issues. I will give the upcoming Astonishing a try for an issue or two.

Remember, Colossus fans, the editor of the X-Books is not a fan of Colossus.
    That hurts. I'm a Magik fan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    IMO, they laid groundwork for exploring more of Colossus' character already when he last went to Russia and got captured by remnants of the government Red Room agents when with Kurt and Wolverine. It'd be really cool to me to see Colossus team up with Black Widow and go back to Russia to help her deal with the Red Room (and attempt to exterminate it from Russia once and for all, a lot like how he helped do with the Sentinel program time after time in america). I think they'd get along with Black Widow mostly calling the shots and perhaps not always being fully honest with him while he handles the brute stuff of causing havoc, drawing their attention and letting her be a spy behind all the chaos. But I'm also aware that's incredibly unlikely to ever happen, sadly.
    im all for that

https://www.cbr.com/superhero-movie-...-better-worse/
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-29-2018 at 03:28 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I far preferred Colossus' role in Deadpool 2 than the first Deadpool. They finally began to give him a sliver of development instead of merely being there to service Wade's story.

More importantly for me, being a well-regarded part of a successful blockbuster is some great exposure for the character. It's likely that simply because of these two movies, Colossus is more well-known than many of his fellow X-men who haven't received a spotlight like that. That sort of thing is a nice boost for his role in the comics, as it provides incentive for the creators and editors to continue to feature him in some capacity. Hopefully the impending Disney purchase of Fox assets doesn't derail the Deadpool/X-Force followup.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    I far preferred Colossus' role in Deadpool 2 than the first Deadpool. They finally began to give him a sliver of development instead of merely being there to service Wade's story.

More importantly for me, being a well-regarded part of a successful blockbuster is some great exposure for the character. It's likely that simply because of these two movies, Colossus is more well-known than many of his fellow X-men who haven't received a spotlight like that. That sort of thing is a nice boost for his role in the comics, as it provides incentive for the creators and editors to continue to feature him in some capacity. Hopefully the impending Disney purchase of Fox assets doesn't derail the Deadpool/X-Force followup.
    Agreed. Colossus in deadpool beats all the X-movies in my mind.

ASTONISHING X-MEN #13.jpg
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #13
    In Shops: Jul 04, 2018

Hope the book it’s not all about Havok. I'm not buying that ****.

Spectacular Member

Is that the new team lineup?

Havok, Beast, Dazzler, Warpath and Colossus.

There is a surprise sixth member too.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome-xXx View Post
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #13.jpg
    ASTONISHING X-MEN #13
    In Shops: Jul 04, 2018

Hope the book it’s not all about Havok. I'm not buying that ****.
    I doubt it will be. I'm really excited for Rosenberg to take over here and see how he writes Colossus.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #229 May 1988
    "Down Under!"
    Singapore: It's a typical day of business at the Hoan International Bank as Jessan Hoan shows Mrs. Pei and her two children around the bank.
    This tranquility is ruined when the bank is suddenly sieged by the Reavers, a group of cyborg mercenaries who teleport in with guns blazing.
    When the Reaver known as Skullbuster grabs the owner and demands that he provide the combination -- he cannot talk because the cyborg is choking him too hard.
    Jessan pipes up and tells the mercenary that there is no combination, that the vault automatically locks for 24 hours during an emergency and to leave her uncle alone.
    Skullbuster instead breaks the man's neck instead and has his colleague Bonebreaker use a laser cannon to blast through the vault.
    As the Reavers begin looting the facility, Pretty Boy decides to take Jessan as their hostage and they all teleport away.

They come out of the other side of the teleportal in Australia, where they once more threaten the Aboriginal mutant teleporter Gateway
    that they will desecrate the land if he refuses to continue helping them pull their heists. The group then begins to party hard, like they usually do.
    Pretty Boy takes Jessan down to the room where the Reavers keep all their stolen loot and tells her that
    he is going to make her one of them so that they can use her financial skills to properly manage their soils.
    When Hoan tries to run, Pretty Boy grabs her and then ejects his eye filaments and begins reprogramming her brain to be like them, ruthless with no sense of morality.

Suddenly, an unexpected sandstorm blows up into the Reavers hideout and begins to trip them up before they can act.
    This has been caused by Storm who has come with her fellow X-Men to break up the Reavers' operation.
    While the others attack the main party, Dazzler and Longshot go to rescue Jessan.
    Furious at seeing Hoan being reprogrammed, Longshot cuts the filaments and saves her while Dazzler attacks and overpowers him.

While in the hideout's saloon, Colossus and Rogue attack the gathered Reavers, with an assist from Havok.

When Bonebreaker grabs Rogue's bare arm, her powers absorb his memories, thoroughly disgusting her with how vile they are.

In the confusion, Bonebreaker, Skullbuster and Pretty Boy manage to get away and order Gateway to teleport them away, telling the Aboriginal that if he does so then his debt to them is paid.
    When Gateway complies and the three senior Reavers manage to escape, Wolverine considers killing him,
    but Storm orders him to stand down, telling Logan that she thinks Gateway was forced into doing their bidding.

In the aftermath of the battle, the X-Men have gathered up the Reavers and bound them. With their mission accomplished they begin to wonder what to do with the captured Reavers,
    as letting them loose to the authorities would blow their cover of supposedly being dead. Roma appears before them and thanks the X-Men for completing the mission that she tasked them with.
    She then gives them the Siege Perilous, telling them that whoever passes through its gates is judged by the highest powers and is reborn into a new life where they can get a second chance.
    After some discussion, Storm gives the Reavers a choice: Go through the Siege, or be killed by Wolverine. The cowardly remains of the Reavers choose the Siege and soon traverse into it.
    Jessan cries against being forced through the Siege telling them that she was the Reavers' prisoner.
    The X-Men decide to leave her be and ask Roma to teleport her back home, something that Roma does thankfully.

Before departing, she tells the X-Men that they now have a bold new direction to go into, and leaves the Siege Perilous in their care.
    Telling them that they can choose to use it themselves should they desire to take on new lives.
    However, the X-Men all unanimously agree that they will stay together and go after their enemies before they consider doing this.
    As a final word, Roma tells the X-Men that she has caused them to be invisible to any scanning or detection method,
    be it technological, magic or biological in fashion -- save for the devices within the Reavers' base.

With that, she departs and tells the X-Men that they have the opportunity to lead the world and that the future rests in their hands.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Marc Silvestri and Dan Green.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    I doubt it will be. I'm really excited for Rosenberg to take over here and see how he writes Colossus.
    I've seen a couple of promotional interviews he's done for the book. The smaller cast is encouraging, but he makes it sound like Havok is the main character and everybody else is supporting. I'm not really cool with that, so I'll be giving this title a short leash.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #229 May 1988
    "Down Under!"
    Singapore: It's a typical day of business at the Hoan International Bank as Jessan Hoan shows Mrs. Pei and her two children around the bank.
    This tranquility is ruined when the bank is suddenly sieged by the Reavers, a group of cyborg mercenaries who teleport in with guns blazing.
    When the Reaver known as Skullbuster grabs the owner and demands that he provide the combination -- he cannot talk because the cyborg is choking him too hard.
    Jessan pipes up and tells the mercenary that there is no combination, that the vault automatically locks for 24 hours during an emergency and to leave her uncle alone.
    Skullbuster instead breaks the man's neck instead and has his colleague Bonebreaker use a laser cannon to blast through the vault.
    As the Reavers begin looting the facility, Pretty Boy decides to take Jessan as their hostage and they all teleport away.

They come out of the other side of the teleportal in Australia, where they once more threaten the Aboriginal mutant teleporter Gateway
    that they will desecrate the land if he refuses to continue helping them pull their heists. The group then begins to party hard, like they usually do.
    Pretty Boy takes Jessan down to the room where the Reavers keep all their stolen loot and tells her that
    he is going to make her one of them so that they can use her financial skills to properly manage their soils.
    When Hoan tries to run, Pretty Boy grabs her and then ejects his eye filaments and begins reprogramming her brain to be like them, ruthless with no sense of morality.

Suddenly, an unexpected sandstorm blows up into the Reavers hideout and begins to trip them up before they can act.
    This has been caused by Storm who has come with her fellow X-Men to break up the Reavers' operation.
    While the others attack the main party, Dazzler and Longshot go to rescue Jessan.
    Furious at seeing Hoan being reprogrammed, Longshot cuts the filaments and saves her while Dazzler attacks and overpowers him.

While in the hideout's saloon, Colossus and Rogue attack the gathered Reavers, with an assist from Havok.

When Bonebreaker grabs Rogue's bare arm, her powers absorb his memories, thoroughly disgusting her with how vile they are.

In the confusion, Bonebreaker, Skullbuster and Pretty Boy manage to get away and order Gateway to teleport them away, telling the Aboriginal that if he does so then his debt to them is paid.
    When Gateway complies and the three senior Reavers manage to escape, Wolverine considers killing him,
    but Storm orders him to stand down, telling Logan that she thinks Gateway was forced into doing their bidding.

In the aftermath of the battle, the X-Men have gathered up the Reavers and bound them. With their mission accomplished they begin to wonder what to do with the captured Reavers,
    as letting them loose to the authorities would blow their cover of supposedly being dead. Roma appears before them and thanks the X-Men for completing the mission that she tasked them with.
    She then gives them the Siege Perilous, telling them that whoever passes through its gates is judged by the highest powers and is reborn into a new life where they can get a second chance.
    After some discussion, Storm gives the Reavers a choice: Go through the Siege, or be killed by Wolverine. The cowardly remains of the Reavers choose the Siege and soon traverse into it.
    Jessan cries against being forced through the Siege telling them that she was the Reavers' prisoner.
    The X-Men decide to leave her be and ask Roma to teleport her back home, something that Roma does thankfully.

Before departing, she tells the X-Men that they now have a bold new direction to go into, and leaves the Siege Perilous in their care.
    Telling them that they can choose to use it themselves should they desire to take on new lives.
    However, the X-Men all unanimously agree that they will stay together and go after their enemies before they consider doing this.
    As a final word, Roma tells the X-Men that she has caused them to be invisible to any scanning or detection method,
    be it technological, magic or biological in fashion -- save for the devices within the Reavers' base.

With that, she departs and tells the X-Men that they have the opportunity to lead the world and that the future rests in their hands.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Marc Silvestri and Dan Green.
    Outback era was peak X-Men.

If it was an Image/Vertigo book going through the Siege Perilous would have been some ending to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    That hurts. I'm a Magik fan.
    Hey, my bad, no offense meant. I used to really like Illyana, but over the past five years or so, I have grown to loathe her. It is mainly due to all the agony she has caused Colossus. I know some people say her actions have caused him to "grow" as a character, but in my opinion, she just just messes with him.

Also, after almost a year of certain people who post on these boards calling him a "pedophile", I forget that every character is someone's favorite. Before, I would have left out "dumbass", and simply said "his sister". Again, while I am not a fan of Magik anymore, I did not mean to come off as a jerk.

Fantastic Member

Hey, my bad, no offense meant. I used to really like Illyana, but over the past five years or so, I have grown to loathe her. It is mainly due to all the agony she has caused Colossus. I know some people say her actions have caused him to "grow" as a character, but in my opinion, she just just messes with him.

Also, after almost a year of certain people who post on these boards calling him a "pedophile", I forget that every character is someone's favorite. Before, I would have left out "dumbass", and simply said "his sister". Again, while I am not a fan of Magik anymore, I did not mean to come off as a jerk.
    tbh, that whole ending to the colossonaut thing where she says "there are no snowflakes in hell" reeks of someone who doesn't know Illyana. She rules limbo, not hell, and she has no reason to suddenly go after her own brother for how he cares for her when that's what he's done his entire life. Her entire life. Like, saving her is what manifested his powers to begin with. for her to suddenly find that annoying or no longer want him to see her as his 'snowflake' is pretty strange, especially since nothing has really come of it since. As characters, it doesn't make much sense, and narratively it seems to just be a way to try and poorly justify some angst between them when that's never really been the issue.

But I can understand some people disliking it. I dunno, it's really hard to take a lot of what marvel's done lately seriously because the biggest revelations happen near the end of a book right before it's cancelled, right before they change writers, and then the next writers has their own plot and ideas that have nothing to do with just happened so it is hardly ever, or not ever, mentioned again and nothing ever comes of it. Absolutely dreadful way to handle the continuity or make any sort of lasting impact on a character.

That said, what happened in Gold #30 was absurd and outright character assassination, and I don't really blame illyana so much as I do Marvel and Guggenheim.

Edit: But also yeah, the people insinuating he's a pedophile are pretty fuckin' annoying.

Incredible Member

In my point of view, I can see it as being painful for Magik being called "snowflake" after the bad things she's done in the past as her "nearly" soulless self and knowing she can never go back to being the innocent little girl again.

Pfft! Even as a Magik fan, you won't hear that from me. Maybe it's true Colossus needed to "grow" in some way but I see the whole Colossonaut thing a misguided attempt from Magik's part. I still love Magik regardless. Remember: don't blame the character. Blame the writer.

What Magik put her brother through was the same Belasco put Magik through. And really now. Many comic fans don't know Magik was losing her humanity to her demonic half. So consider it as a vicious cycle.

Again, while I am not a fan of Magik anymore, I did not mean to come off as a jerk.
    Funny thing about it is I almost gave up on the character Magik after the aftermath of the Colossonaut thing. Then I realize it's better to be patient and wait for a different writer to treat her better than the last.

Also, count me among the people who dislikes Colossus being labeled a "pedophile".
    Last edited by 244; 07-03-2018 at 11:33 PM.