Page 16 of 161 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

I still say he needs some time on another team. Just to gain some more respect and possibly new allies and training. As an X-man he'll always be there brick
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Incredible Member

Agreed unlike most X-men fans who think the Avengers are the devil. I think it would be a nice change of pace if he ended up on an Avengers book. It did wonders for Beast imo when he joined the team after Giant Sized X-men reboot. Avengers Beast was a fun loving dude. Although I doubt they will be calling Piotr after the events of AvX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    I still say he needs some time on another team. Just to gain some more respect and possibly new allies and training. As an X-man he'll always be there brick
    He's been on a few outside teams. I just think he needs more development period.

o

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    He's been on a few outside teams. I just think he needs more development period.

o
    No argument here.

It's pretty sad the most development Piotr has had was Brian Wood's out of character portrayal run on his previous adjective-less X-men run. He wasn't the Piotr that I knew and loved but for once he had his own agenda. It was heartbreaking to see his friendship with Storm end but it was actual character development.

Piotr has spent time on a couple of teams... Excalibur and the failed Defenders (Initiative) I could live with him as an Avenger, but I'd rather see him brnach out on a newer team. Maybe one who can teach him skills and improve on the ones he already has. Like a Black Panther lead Thunderbolts

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Piotr has spent time on a couple of teams... Excalibur and the failed Defenders (Initiative) I could live with him as an Avenger, but I'd rather see him brnach out on a newer team. Maybe one who can teach him skills and improve on the ones he already has. Like a Black Panther lead Thunderbolts
    I actually liked him on Excalibur with Warren Ellis' run aside the fact he tried to murder Pete Wisdom in an immature jealous rage.

I will always think of the Thunderbolts as either the original concept of villains pretending to be good guys or Marvel's version of the Suicide Squad. Villains/anti-heroes forced to carry out missions for the US government so personally I wouldn't see that's a good fit but then again I said the same thing about Colossus being on an X-force team.

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post

Well seeing him not activating his mutant power but still having the costume on I can see why you like it so much. Although admittedly it does look kind of ridiculous. However it's still my favorite Petey costume. Like Rickbarry said especially when he's unarmored it has a very Roman look to it.
    I do really like that costume a lot, maybe his best since his original, but obviously it would need to be redesigned to lose the Phoenix symbol to use regularly. Petey should always wear super skimpy costumes like this

BANNED

No argument here.

It's pretty sad the most development Piotr has had was Brian Wood's out of character portrayal run on his previous adjective-less X-men run. He wasn't the Piotr that I knew and loved but for once he had his own agenda. It was heartbreaking to see his friendship with Storm end but it was actual character development.
    I am not even going to lie, I enjoyed that. I hope that their relationship is mended though. I love Storm's little brother.

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    I am not even going to lie, I enjoyed that. I hope that their relationship is mended though. I love Storm's little brother.

o
    I remember Kyle and Yost saying that Colossus and Storm's relationship would be focused on in the next story arc of Amazing X-Men. Hopefully it'll get patched up there.

I actually liked him on Excalibur with Warren Ellis' run aside the fact he tried to murder Pete Wisdom in an immature jealous rage.

I will always think of the Thunderbolts as either the original concept of villains pretending to be good guys or Marvel's version of the Suicide Squad. Villains/anti-heroes forced to carry out missions for the US government so personally I wouldn't see that's a good fit but then again I said the same thing about Colossus being on an X-force team.
    I cant say that you're wrong. He didn't fit well on Cable's team. What I meant by the T-bolts reference is that I'd like to see him on a black ops team, but not a wetworks one. I really want him under T'Challa's wing

I couldn't care less anymore what team Colossus is on. My only concern is that he's in a book where he'll receive some focus and where an attempt to give him character growth is made. I didn't love Cable and X-Force, but at least Hopeless made a legitimate effort to give Colossus a story. I don't doubt that the writers of Amazing X-men like Colossus, but there are way too many characters in that book for anyone to get much focus. I would ditch half that cast if I was Kyle and Yost. Keep Firestar, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Northstar, and make those characters the focus of the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    I remember Kyle and Yost saying that Colossus and Storm's relationship would be focused on in the next story arc of Amazing X-Men. Hopefully it'll get patched up there.
    I hope so too. I hope Storm manages to get him a pardon.

o

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    I couldn't care less anymore what team Colossus is on. My only concern is that he's in a book where he'll receive some focus and where an attempt to give him character growth is made. I didn't love Cable and X-Force, but at least Hopeless made a legitimate effort to give Colossus a story. I don't doubt that the writers of Amazing X-men like Colossus, but there are way too many characters in that book for anyone to get much focus. I would ditch half that cast if I was Kyle and Yost. Keep Firestar, Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Northstar, and make those characters the focus of the book.
    All good points

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    To be fair Hopeless had a kind of slow start with Cable and the X-force as well. I agree there's a bit too much going on. None of the characters have really had a chance to catch their breath. I think once KYOST finish the World War Wendigo arc. I think that's where they will focus on the interpersonal relationships but Marvel may not give them enough of a leash to do so given books how many creative teams have been switched or books have been canceled. Chris Yost's New Warriors book was canceled recently. I mean Greg Rucka leaving Cyclops after 5 issues. Warren Ellis leaving Moon Knight after 6 issues. Jason Aaron leaving Amazing after 6 etc.

That's right, Petrefax. You really can't count on much these days when it comes to creative team consistency. If Yost and Kyle get to continue their story beyond WWW, then I'd think we may finally get some nice character moments between Peter and Storm. I'd really like to see that, particularly after Wood character assassinated Colossus and made him a guy who would hit a woman.