Page 48 of 161 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Amazing X-men #16 was a fun issue. I think Fornes art got a bit better with this issue. Although our boy was only on one page in this issue after being sidelined but had nice interaction with Pixie. Looking forward to the next issue when Piotr joins the fray.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I love Colossus with the Juggernaught powers. He had a lot of potential, and I liked his struggle with Cytorrak. Too bad they didn't let him keep those abilities. Depowering him just to send him to Cable's X-Force is lame when he had no connection to any of those characters.
    Well except for Domino. They worked together on Brian Wood previous X-men run. Domino was the only person on the team who sympathized with Colossus between his rift with Storm and I think Hopeless used Wood's previous run to establish Colossus romance with Domino.

I thought AMX #16 was a dud. It bored me to tears with the trite and forced prose Yost was spitting. Of all the beings who "hear" Cyttorak's call, we end up with C and D list players. Totally underwhelming. Cain's entrance at the end was somewhat cute.

The two pages Colossus was kind enough to receive from Yost was more of the same old bullshit from the last issue. To paraphrase Yost's Colossus (with some liberty): Oooh...I was strong when I joined the X-Men. Now, I'm not so strong. I've lost mostly everyone who I've loved and now I'm simply scared. That's why I've been acting like a doofus. Oh, please forgive me and give me another chance to sacrifice...errr...I mean help the X-Men.

Meh...lame...lame...lame. I'm extremely disappointed with Yost. He's taken what Hopeless did and made Colossus into a wanting emo-filled blob of fodder.

Spectacular Member

Agreed.

For a Colossus centric arc, he is barely in it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. That Rock guy got way more glory than Colossus has had in years.

Spectacular Member

Story arc isn't all that bad so far. I was definitely disappointed with the D listers who are after the gem, I was under the impression there was gonna be some at the very least B listers going after the gem but we get characters we barely even heard of.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Issue was ok. It was cool to see vanisher again, although why wear the xforce suit still lol

Pixies comment about magik wad lame I mean she knows magik isn't at the school anymore
    X-Men Forever

Spectacular Member

I'm going to make a prediction. Cain is going to make Peter look bad even before he gets the juggernaut powers back.

Spectacular Member

Cain is still a monster even in his depowered form so that is very possible. Though in a X-Men issue Cain was shown struggling trying to lift a weight that wasn't at Colossus level yet. But either way Cain is still a powerful opponent. He beat up Sasquatch in his depowered state and also defeated amped Rhino.

The more I see of what Yost is doing with Colossus, the more I appreciate what Gillen and Hopeless attempted with him. They were at least trying to break new ground with him. If anything, Colossus' reductive monologue in this issue is very much treading old ground for him. And frankly, it's the type of speech we've seen countless times before when a character goes on to find redemption by sacrificing himself. Hard to see Colossus go out like this if that ends up happening at the end of this arc.

Not going to comment on the art other than to say it isn't what I would hope to see in a book I'm paying 3.99 for.

Spectacular Member

Actually I think Yost is going to try and hopefully change the personality of Colossus by reading a comment he made on X-Position yesterday.

Here is the quote:

"Thanks, I really wanted to dig into everything that Colossus has gone through in the last few years and have him deal with it and the decisions he's made. Storm bluntly calls him out on it because she herself is in a bad headspace due to Logan's death, but it kind of needed to be said. Colossus is kind of a mess. That's going to change. Part four of "Juggernaut" will have them touch base again on their issues."

So Yost is trying to fix Colossus by having him confront his past mistakes? It's possible, but that also has resulted in the unfortunate return of emo sad-sack Colossus.

The thing is, though, is that really the best way to fix a character like Colossus that has had an insane amount of baggage heaped onto him by past writers? Seems much better to instead portray him as a guy who's seen a lot of **** and who has come out the wiser for it. Because realistically, no one could actually overcome all the crazy stuff that happened to Peter over the years. Better to lump it all together as a difficult past and move on from it with new experiences that allow him to grow. I could swear that's what Hopeless was doing before that series was cancelled.

Incredible Member

I guess Im in the minority of liking the issue and characterization but I thought it was an appropriate response because Colossus still in my opinion still views Kurt, Ororo, Bobby, and Rachel as family so I thought his interaction with Pixie was more or less in line with his experiences but I can see how you guys are feeling that he is regressing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoopdogg View Post
    Story arc isn't all that bad so far. I was definitely disappointed with the D listers who are after the gem, I was under the impression there was gonna be some at the very least B listers going after the gem but we get characters we barely even heard of.
    It kinda made sense to me that these low level d-list villains would want the power of Cyttorak to raise their profile. They would be more desperate to benefit from Cyttorak's gifts.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    The more I see of what Yost is doing with Colossus, the more I appreciate what Gillen and Hopeless attempted with him. They were at least trying to break new ground with him. If anything, Colossus' reductive monologue in this issue is very much treading old ground for him. And frankly, it's the type of speech we've seen countless times before when a character goes on to find redemption by sacrificing himself. Hard to see Colossus go out like this if that ends up happening at the end of this arc.

Not going to comment on the art other than to say it isn't what I would hope to see in a book I'm paying 3.99 for.
    Thats what I dont get, Yost is supposedly a fan of Piotr, Kurt and Ro but he seems to be dumbing them down. And out of all the characters who needed a lecture it was Piotr when the team had Logan? No one said anything to him but a character that has been mostly wallpaper with a few bright spots - Colossus is a mess? This is a guy who willingly went to prison after he was possessed while Logan did tons of crap and wasnt even possessed. Storm reprimands him despite Logans crap. I think this is partially the reason why readers are dropping like flies because they went so far with certain A-listers that calling out a relatively minor character (In comparison to Logan, Cyke etc I mean) is laughable. They really screwed up. Marvel has to wake up to this because it is a big part of the problem. It shows a glaring weak spot in the stories armor and less and less people are able to buy into it. I have a feeling they want to make all the other characters look less competent to give more weight to Scott and Logans BS Schism storyline. Even with Logan dead everyone is suffering the after effects.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 01-29-2015 at 09:48 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    Meh...lame...lame...lame. I'm extremely disappointed with Yost. He's taken what Hopeless did and made Colossus into a wanting emo-filled blob of fodder.
    In fairness, I think Storm's reprimand at Colossus hit him hard. I'd feel bad too if I were to be in his position.