Page 52 of 161 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

My biggest question is.... will Colossus' high resistance to magic come up again? It was highly played up back then, and then just went away after a while.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    Unless Petey gets a new outfit in-between his AMX run and Secret wars, then that shouldn't be 616 Colossus - judging by his costume. But the whole trifecta of Hopeless, Colossus and Domino, makes me think it may be 616 Petey.

And I agree with those who are tired of seeing Petey playing the fool to Illyana's anti-hero.
    Thats not 616 colossus. That was clear if you read the article. Every character in hear sounds like an alternate version
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Romus5 View Post
    My biggest question is.... will Colossus' high resistance to magic come up again? It was highly played up back then, and then just went away after a while.
    Apparently Hopeless went back and read Inferno while researching this project, so at the very least it will be fresh in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Thats not 616 colossus. That was clear if you read the article. Every character in hear sounds like an alternate version
    Can't we hope? The uniform on the cover looks pretty awesome.

Spectacular Member

The funny thing I was just thinking, I used to wish that Chris Claremont would be replaced because I felt he wasn't doing Colossus justice, but looking back on everything, he probably used Colossus better than anyone else that came after.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I think you're right about that. As Hopeless puts it, it's more like a "What If...?" story.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah, he even says peter has been entering trying to rescue his sister for four years now. Four years on thier earth. The earth were x-men didn't stop inferno.
    X-Men Forever

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    If one of my grown siblings were in jeopardy like Illyana apparently is in this story, I'm pretty sure I'd be obsessed with rescuing them, too. I don't see how that makes Colossus a lunatic, but apparently other fans complain about this a lot. Funny though, most guys I know who have sisters are fairly protective of them. Colossus is overprotective of his younger sister who has had all kinds of dark **** happen to her. Seems like a realistic response to me, no matter how powerful she has become..
    for me I find two episodes striking - the AOA Colossus running over and killing the alleged love of his life (Kitty) for Illyana, and when Kitty was stuck in the giant space bullet and "Illyana" stuck in Limbo, he was depicted as seeming to be more upset at a failure of a rescue mission for the latter (despite a couple stories of varying quality where he pined for Kitty).

This seems in contrast to the Piotr who was willing to sacrifice his sister in X-Men/Alpha Flight for the good of the world (and fight against Kitty, although they weren't a couple at the time)

I thought the ending to Generation Next was fascinating, where Colossus essentially sacrifices his team in order to save Illyana. Because it was an alt world, I could live with Colossus being so selfish. The Kitty thing and Gambit killing him in the AOA finale felt shoe-horned in and not nearly as creatively interesting. Either way I don't think we can hold that against 616 Colossus. Many 616 heroes were complete a-holes in AOA. That was part of the fun, I'd imagine.

The disparity in his reaction to space bullet bound Kitty and limbo prisoner Illyana is a little more difficult to pin down, mainly because you have different writers with different agendas depicting those reactions.

Fantastic Member

I thought the ending to Generation Next was fascinating, where Colossus essentially sacrifices his team in order to save Illyana. Because it was an alt world, I could live with Colossus being so selfish. The Kitty thing and Gambit killing him in the AOA finale felt shoe-horned in and not nearly as creatively interesting. Either way I don't think we can hold that against 616 Colossus. Many 616 heroes were complete a-holes in AOA. That was part of the fun, I'd imagine.

The disparity in his reaction to space bullet bound Kitty and limbo prisoner Illyana is a little more difficult to pin down, mainly because you have different writers with different agendas depicting those reactions.
    possibly so, but it seems to me that those who dislike the character often come down to his portrayal by Ellis in Excalibur 92, his betrayal of the X-men in Fatal Attractions, and Age of Apocalypse Kitty-murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    possibly so, but it seems to me that those who dislike the character often come down to his portrayal by Ellis in Excalibur 92, his betrayal of the X-men in Fatal Attractions, and Age of Apocalypse Kitty-murderer.
    I tend to disregard what those people say. They don't like Colossus and likely never have. Cherry picking a couple of bad moments (and with no context, mind you) in a character's 40 year existence is kind of BS. And it's completely inaccurate to attribute Colossus' AOA insanity to the 616 version. They are not the same character.

BANNED

Anybody see this rumor/report: Colossus to play part in Deadpool movie: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59286

Are we being trolled? Not that i'm complaining but pretty cool if Piotr can breakout and be a part of deadpool cast if it means some much needed mainstream exposure.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by colossus34 View Post
    Anybody see this rumor/report: Colossus to play part in Deadpool movie: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59286

Are we being trolled? Not that i'm complaining but pretty cool if Piotr can breakout and be a part of deadpool cast if it means some much needed mainstream exposure.
    I'd seen rumors of this months ago ... maybe without Cable being an option they wanted a different straight man for Deadpool's antics?

A version of the Deadpool script has been floating around for years now, and Colossus plays a straight man foil to Deadpool's zaniness. That version of Colossus had a stereotypical Russian humorlessness about him.

A warning before getting your hopes up. It's very possible that reports connecting Colossus to this project are merely going by what people know about that script. Until you hear some kind of official announcement of Colossus' involvement, I would temper your excitement. From a budgetary angle, I wonder if having an effects heavy character like Colossus is doable for a movie like Deadpool.

BANNED

A version of the Deadpool script has been floating around for years now, and Colossus plays a straight man foil to Deadpool's zaniness. That version of Colossus had a stereotypical Russian humorlessness about him.

A warning before getting your hopes up. It's very possible that reports connecting Colossus to this project are merely going by what people know about that script. Until you hear some kind of official announcement of Colossus' involvement, I would temper your excitement. From a budgetary angle, I wonder if having an effects heavy character like Colossus is doable for a movie like Deadpool.
    Nice to know, did anyone around here actually read the script with Piotr in it? Did he do anything cool(smash things, wreck havok, etc) or was it more of a background wallpaper role like his usual x-men appearances?