Page 56 of 161 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Actually, you're probably right about that. I'm not super aware of the ethnic diversity of Russia, so I assumed for Colossus to be authentically Russian, he'd need to be white. I'm probably wrong about that, then.

Whatever ethnicity they go with, they'd better keep the Russian aspect of the character.
    True enough, there are tons of "Asian" looking people in Russia. Think Mongols.

And to your earlier post, I will concede your point. I never considered the potential of being an adoptive brother... I just assumed they dropped the whole siblings thing entirely for the reboot.

Incredible Member

honestly, colossus needs to look like he stepped off team jacob in twilight to get the full effect of the character.

Fantastic Member

Actually, you're probably right about that. I'm not super aware of the ethnic diversity of Russia, so I assumed for Colossus to be authentically Russian, he'd need to be white. I'm probably wrong about that, then.

Whatever ethnicity they go with, they'd better keep the Russian aspect of the character.
    that was my point about Sanya from The Dresden Files - he's a tall, muscular Black Russian who seems to share some of Piotr's personality traits. Given that Jim Butcher name dropped Colossus (and Shadowcat and Nightcrawler) in one of the books, I wouldn't be completely surprised if there wasn't inspiration there.

I'm Russian. I was born there before the parental units dragged me and my siblings to France and then finally to America. I lost my Russian accent years ago, but my parents would never allow us to speak English at home (only Russian, Ukrainian and Polish).

Having said that, I don't want Colossus to have a Russian accent. I would hope that he would have adapted to the language and accent of his new adopted country (like I and my siblings did). I want Colossus portrayed exactly (or mostly) like his 616 counterpart.

Russians don't look Asian. Russia stretches from mainland Europe to east Asia (as many of you know). The Asians mentioned previously simply were made part of the Soviet Union (at the time) and adopted the national language and were free to move about (if given the chance) the entire country. I remember meeting my first Koryo-saram (ethnic Korean) Russian when I first moved to NYC. As a child, I never saw Slavs other than what my family looked like - white/Caucasian. I was initially startled to hear this Asian women speaking fluent Russian to me. I later on told my parents and they laughed and told me it wasn't unusual at all. Bah! I'm babbling - sorry.

Long story short and to repeat myself, I prefer Colossus to be Russian (white/Caucasian), but sans the accent and emoliciousness of his recent days.

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    I'm Russian. I was born there before the parental units dragged me and my siblings to France and then finally to America. I lost my Russian accent years ago, but my parents would never allow us to speak English at home (only Russian, Ukrainian and Polish).

Having said that, I don't want Colossus to have a Russian accent. I would hope that he would have adapted to the language and accent of his new adopted country (like I and my siblings did). I want Colossus portrayed exactly (or mostly) like his 616 counterpart.

Russians don't look Asian. Russia stretches from mainland Europe to east Asia (as many of you know). The Asians mentioned previously simply were made part of the Soviet Union (at the time) and adopted the national language and were free to move about (if given the chance) the entire country. I remember meeting my first Koryo-saram (ethnic Korean) Russian when I first moved to NYC. As a child, I never saw Slavs other than what my family looked like - white/Caucasian. I was initially startled to hear this Asian women speaking fluent Russian to me. I later on told my parents and they laughed and told me it wasn't unusual at all. Bah! I'm babbling - sorry.

Long story short and to repeat myself, I prefer Colossus to be Russian (white/Caucasian), but sans the accent and emoliciousness of his recent days.
    He's gotta have some accent so the audience knows he's a smelly foreigner!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    He's gotta have some accent so the audience knows he's a smelly foreigner!
    Smelly foreigner aside, I think you're right. Just so long as it's not the ridiculous caricature of an accent a lot of movies or tv shows go for.

Smelly foreigner aside, I think you're right. Just so long as it's not the ridiculous caricature of an accent a lot of movies or tv shows go for.
    I've no evidence to support my claim. It's only something Norm Macdonald says on his podcast. The accent doesn't have to be thick, but I will require him to say something akin to Lenin's Ghost or By the white wolf. I'm thinking along the lines of "By Putin's hairless chest!". Thoughts?

EDIT: I've noticed a lot of folks are clamoring for the douchebag from the facebook movie. He played the twins in a rowboat. I also think he was in that horrible Lone Ranger film.
    Last edited by Rickbarry; 02-19-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Spectacular Member

How about Cheyenne Jackson

images.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Romus5 View Post
    How about Cheyenne Jackson

images.jpg
    I dunno. I'd rather see Hammer in it over that fella. He at least has the Russian accent down in that Cavill movie. Man from U.N.C.L.E. Still seems douchey for my taste.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    I dunno. I'd rather see Hammer in it over that fella. He at least has the Russian accent down in that Cavill movie. Man from U.N.C.L.E. Still seems douchey for my taste.
    Armie Hammer is 6'5" and of Russian ancestry?

I can dig that. I would like a "soft" Russian accent, subtle, but there, maybe something that's been eroding for a bit from being in the states. Assuming he's essentially fulfilling Cable's role with Deadpool, I wonder if they'll give him Cable's dry sense of humor.

Do we know if they're leaning towards the 616 or Ultimate version? I have a feeling that regardless, a whole slew of ColossusxDeadpool slash fiction is going to show up on FF.net

You know one thing that has always irked me is that in all the animated and movie adaptions there has never been a time where he has been paired with Kitty/Shadowcat. I mean Kitty has been paired with Iceman and Avalanche but she has never had a romance with Colossus on the big or little screen. Although in X-Men Evolution there was a hint that the Colossus in that show had some interest in Kitty. I would have preferred her being paired up with him than Lance Alvers.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    You know one thing that has always irked me is that in all the animated and movie adaptions there has never been a time where he has been paired with Kitty/Shadowcat. I mean Kitty has been paired with Iceman and Avalanche but she has never had a romance with Colossus on the big or little screen. Although in X-Men Evolution there was a hint that the Colossus in that show had some interest in Kitty. I would have preferred her being paired up with him than Lance Alvers.
    i believe in the novelization for either X2 or X3 (written by Claremont) it read that they'd had a relationship and it failed. also, the scene at the end of DoFP where they co-teach a class could be interpreted that way.

I seem to remember they were hinted at being together (or at least interested) in Spider-Men & His Amazing Friends.

I'll go with Hammer (please don't hurt 'em) as the new Colossus. He's about the right age for our 616 counterpart (mid to late 20's) and has the right size.

The movie is slated to release in about a year, right? Shouldn't the fucktards start filming right quick? Special effects will take them a few months after live production ends filming. Or have the Hollywood fucks found a way to speed all of this shit up?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Suiciety View Post
    I'll go with Hammer (please don't hurt 'em) as the new Colossus. He's about the right age for our 616 counterpart (mid to late 20's) and has the right size.

The movie is slated to release in about a year, right? Shouldn't the fucktards start filming right quick? Special effects will take them a few months after live production ends filming. Or have the Hollywood fucks found a way to speed all of this shit up?
    Starting to agree with the consensus, Armie seems like the best choice. Pèrfect look, age and right level of star power and acting skills to make Colossus shine.

Agree that since filming is taking place soon they really need to make an announcement on casting for piotr or things wont be looking good. Im anxious to see if the role hasnt been cut or combined with this "angel dust" casting announcement. Lots of times the budget producers might review a script and a FX heavy element like Colossus might get scrapped in pre-production. Crossing fingers...

Incredible Member

Andrew Wheeler of Comicsalliance wrote a piece on who he thinks should be playing Piotr in Deadpool. I've not seen the actor myself so I can't comment but I like Wheeler's passionate plea.

http://comicsalliance.com/choolossus/