Page 6 of 161 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

When he was with Cable, he had a vest that kept his powers under control. I hope he doesn't need it anymore... don't they punk him enough?

I think he's always thought of Logan as unbeatable... but now he isn't
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Thats interesting dialogue between Kurt and Peter. I wonder if Colossus has full control over his powers again, meaning the writers disregarded the whole phoenix thing. Although, Peter saying he never worried about Logan before in his life is a little silly...I mean, really? Never worried about your friend and team mate before? In the career you guys work in? Thats totally unbelievable lol.

I assumed the preview showed Piotr's face being disfigured from his powers, but with coloring it's actually Kurt's reflection. Cool.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    So I was cleaning my room and found my DK X-men "Updated (as in 2003)" The Ultimate Guide book. I thought I'd share these 2 pages on Colossus
    Attachment 5236
    I have several of DK's Ultimate Guides, love them!

Was never quite sure what was up with Piotr's pose in that shot...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wait!

The X-jet has no bathrooms?

Logan drinks like a fish, does he just go on the deck?

Also why have the artists not given Colossus a fro yet? I want to see a Brillo wrecking ball Colossus.

Brillo? Hell no!... no corn rolls maybe

Incredible Member

I am definitely looking forward to next week. It does seem they are sweeping his unstable powers under the rug although I admit I do actually miss the orange containment suit/costume from Cable and X-force.

even when he wore that vest he still had his powers under control for the most part I felt. I just hope they explain how he got infected with the nano bots like cyke and the others cause theres nothing more annoying that writers never completing a story/idea

Bozhe moi!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm just tired of them screwing with Petey. Make him the Armored, 100 ton+. martial arts trained badass that he should be

I think the problem right now is that there are to many characters for any writer to juggle in the X universe. Probably an unpopular opinion. Characters really don't get any real growth anymore, there's no more drama, character stories are picked up or touched on and then dropped and forgotten about soon after. The students should remain students, maybe give the students their own book so we have a young X-men team book ala new mutants....then X-men, Uncanny, and Amazing are focused on the known regulars. Psylocke, Colossus, Beast, Angel, Wolverine, Cyclops etc. Thats what I think would make the books better and more focused.

Honestly, I think Piotr should move away form the X-world for a while. At one point I was hoping he'd go to Wakanda and be trained by T'Challa. I think he'd come away with much more wisdom and as an even more fierce warrior.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Honestly, I think Piotr should move away form the X-world for a while. At one point I was hoping he'd go to Wakanda and be trained by T'Challa. I think he'd come away with much more wisdom and as an even more fierce warrior.
    Agreed I mean I thought when they had the Avengers: 50 State Initiative. The execution wasn't all that great I thought it was nice idea for Piotr to branch out and do something else and be on a team that wasn't X related when he was put on the Defenders.

Despite being on the sidelines I actually liked it when he was asked to teach the kids in the New X-men with Academy X and Yost and Kyle were writers then like they are on Amazing X-men and they made Pete badass in teaching the team about teamwork because their lives depend on it and too many mutants had died already. Here's the only page I can find from their battle in which Emma Frost in a training exercise is asked to knock Colossus down in New X-men #25. Here's the only page I can find from it. It reminded me a bit of Age of Apocolypse where Colossus and Shadowcat were the leaders of Generation Next. I wanted Colossus to be a mentor to Rockslide.

But here's a summary of what happens in that issue

http://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue/...-2nd-series-25

Here's the pertinent bits

In the Danger Room, Colossus easily smacks Rockslide with an open hand and notes that his moves are clumsy. Elixir does his best to enter the fray by whacking Piotr in the back of the head with a small I-beam. Piotr grabs him by his shirt and hoists him in the air as he reprimands him for not using his powers to attack him. Josh asks what he expects him to do to stop him and Colossus replies that he above all the rest could stop him with a single touch. As Piotr tosses Elixir away he tells him until he starts to think clearly he will only be a threat to himself.
    As he does this, Surge jumps onto him and hits him with an electrical charge. Colossus does not even cry out a little and he tells Surge he’s been hurt by far worse and her concern should be for her teammates.
    As Surge tries to make sense of this warning, Colossus grabs her gauntlet and directs her attack at Mercury who was attempting to sneak up on him from behind. As Cessily cries out, X-23 leaps at him. Surge begs him to stop and Piotr tells her that their enemies will never stop. He then directs her electrical charge at X-23 who is forced back by the brunt of the attack.
    He tells Surge that she is running out of teammates and she asks what she’s supposed to do. He reminds her that she is the team’s leader and if she fails to fins a way, her friends will die.
    Hearing this, Josh leaps onto Colossus’s back and yells at him to shut up. Piotr easily flips Josh over onto the ground and then pins him to a wall with a bent girder. Surge calls to Dust and Hellion to help and Hellion comments on the “bang-up job” she’s done so far as leader. Surge tells him he may not like her but to follow her lead and work together. Instead, he orders Dust to attack and she does. Piotr commends her on her abilities but tells her they are being put to poor use.
    He punches into the ground and grabs a water line and uses it to overcome Dust with an aquatic attack. He tells her she chose to follow the wrong leader. Angered by this comment, Hellion attacks despite Surge’s urgings that they work together. Hellion proves to be no match for Colossus who pounds against his teke field and sends him flying into Surge.

Emma ends the session and tells the New X-Men that they are all dead. She thanks Colossus for his help and he notes that neither of them wishes to bury anymore students.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by petrefax; 07-06-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Without reading up on all 7 pages, I'm just going to chime in and say that I LOVE Colossus getting his hands on the Gem of Cytorrak! What an awesome Colossus that makes, IMHO. I remember reading the classic where he went up against Juggs in a bar (loved that fight) and now him having this extra power really puts a cool spin on the character. I have the heroclix version of him with that power and just love it. Just my 2 cents on one of my fave Xmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Brillo? Hell no!... no corn rolls maybe
    Cornrows and a full spartan beard!

sadly, all of his extra power is gone