Page 61 of 161 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Is that from x-men origins? I would call that more of an easter egg than anything they would base movie canon on. But yeah he was young in the x-men sequels... all 5 minutes of screen time spread out over 3 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    That would be tricky since he was a baby/toddler in the eighties, as established by his being mutated by the Chernobyl disaster.

Attachment 18938

Spectacular Member

Anyone know if Liefeld can me messaged and ask to confirm?

I'm sure you can tweet to him.

Incredible Member

a0040pc: In regards to Uncanny X-men 183.

Despite the fact Colossus gets owned by Cain Marko it's an issue I enjoy a lot because the visuals from John Romita Jr are pretty amusing with Juggernaut literally dropping a bar on Colossus is hilarious. Like you said there are important lessons learned. I also hear a rumor that Claremont asked Jim Shooter to sever the Kitty Colossus relationship in Secret War so he could break them up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    a0040pc: In regards to Uncanny X-men 183.

Despite the fact Colossus gets owned by Cain Marko it's an issue I enjoy a lot because the visuals from John Romita Jr are pretty amusing with Juggernaut literally dropping a bar on Colossus is hilarious. Like you said there are important lessons learned. I also hear a rumor that Claremont asked Jim Shooter to sever the Kitty Colossus relationship in Secret War so he could break them up.
    It was Jim Shooter who wanted to sever the relationship between Colossus and Kitty. Shooter saw the relationship as inappropriate because Colossus was dating a minor.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    It was Jim Shooter who wanted to sever the relationship between Colossus and Kitty. Shooter saw the relationship as inappropriate because Colossus was dating a minor.
    I never really saw it as inappropriate. They were both young at heart. Back in the old days it would have been fine as long as it wasn't hidden or them sneaking around. Peter's attraction to her had nothing to do with her age.

Spectacular Member

I wonder what kind of controversy would have sprung up if it were Nightcrawler and Kitty.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Romus5 View Post
    I never really saw it as inappropriate. They were both young at heart. Back in the old days it would have been fine as long as it wasn't hidden or them sneaking around. Peter's attraction to her had nothing to do with her age.
    Yeah, I know. It was Kitty who wanted to pursue the relationship. Colossus was conflicted because of the age gap, yet, he still loved her. I think what mitigates it is Colossus would never make any woman he's with feel uncomfortable or pressured. He's a good person.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I still think Claremont was moving towards an organic breakup - at least a temporary one - with the Doug Ramsey subplot.

I find it interesting that they are together in most (non-Ultimate for obvious reasons) alternate universes, and usually very happy together, if not the crapsack world they are in.

He was mutated by Chernobyl?!?
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Astonishing Member

Incredible Member

Cover to Inferno Issue 2.

Incredible Member

The June solicits has some spoilery info for Inferno issue 2.

INFERNO #2
    DENNIS HOPELESS (w) • JAVIER GARRON (a/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    spoilers:
    • As if Colossus’s Inferno raid wasn’t impossible enough, now his skeleton crew X-Men are a team divided.
    • With Boom Boom gut stuck and bleeding out.
    • Nightcrawler caught in Darkchylde’s hellfire web.
    • And Domino’s fate in the hands of The Goblin Queen Madelyne Pryor.
    • Find out if our big metal mutant can pull his team’s bacon from the flames and get this suicide mission back on track as X-Men vs. Hell-on-Earth action continues.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by petrefax; 03-18-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Really excited for the Inferno book. Colossus as the team leader? Yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    The June solicits has some spoilery info for Inferno issue 2 and im not sure how to do spoiler code so i will just post a link to the solicits.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-solicitations
    Spoiler code is [s.p.o.i.l] ... [/s.p.o.i.l]

With out the periods in between letters of course.