Page 8 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Very true and it was immediately after Morrison's run on the book. Im happy how things have turned out but still I wonder on what could have been.
    Had Morrison used Colossus and not Emma, unfortunately I can't think of much to it. Emma would not have been paired with Cyclops... Piotr would have had one more story run to be featured in.

That is just my opinion though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by petrefax View Post
    Apparently Grant Morrison really wanted to have Colossus on his team of New X-men. As much as I loved how Whedon brought him back Im really curious as to what might have been had Morrison had a chance to write him. Emma Frost and her secondary mutation of Diamond Skin was the replacement for Colossus. I did not know this until recently. Plus I love Frank Quitely and would have loved to see his Colossus.
    Would have loved to see what a genius like Morrison had in mind for Colossus. If the diamond form of Emma was any indication then I would have exploded with joy if Grant had given that secondary mutation to Colossus. Or perhaps expanded on his powers to give him the ability to transform his body into any metal he chooses.

The Collosaunt period was fun for a few brief moments but no writer ever let Piotr let loose with his powers and actually do something exciting with it. It was all foreplay with no climax. I would have loved it if we learned that the final demon form that Colossnaut took at certain points was actually a latent mutation inside Colossus and he could tap into that Rasputin demon for additional strength/power.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    Had Morrison used Colossus and not Emma, unfortunately I can't think of much to it. Emma would not have been paired with Cyclops... Piotr would have had one more story run to be featured in.

That is just my opinion though.
    i admit it's selfishness on my part to see what a superstar writer like Morrison would have done with my favorite character but Im glad the way things turned out for you and other Emma Frost fans out there.

Speaking of Emma, I'd always thought that both she and Colossus had a mutual attraction to one another. Their relationship would likely be an abomination, but I'd like to actually see them doing things together.

Astonishing Member

Incredible Member

This weeks X-Position column was posted with Chris Yost and Craig Kyle and they did answer some questions regarding Colossus.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54077

Hey there, Guys. I'm super excited to see Colossus back into the fold as he's been out of the main X-Men line up for a while now. How large of a role does he have in your forthcoming run? I've really been digging the new direction of the book. It's shocking to see someone "die" at the end of each issue.

Yost: [Laughs] Yeah, Colossus is as usual here -- he's the one guy that can't be bitten, so his role becomes increasingly important as things get worse and worse and worse. There's going to be a lot riding on his shoulders by the time we get to the end.

Kyle: Absolutely. I think we've said this at every opportunity we've been given: Colossus is one of our favorites. We just need someone in there with all that power and heart to deal with this massive threat, and we're really trying our best to make sure every single person has a moment in every single issue where they just show the team would be lost without them. He plays a key role just as anybody who's currently up against this threat will. It's not just because we like to see how they're drawn so beautifully -- even though they are! He plays a role just like everyone else does.

Storm superfan Windrider has a question about their favorite character.

I'm loving your Storm in Amazing and enjoy her leading the team in the field. Storm + Wolverine + Nightcrawler + Colossus = the 4 Horseman of ANAD Awesomeness. Will we see Ororo have a chance to rebuild her broken relationship with Colossus? Their last interaction during the Proto-Mutant story in Wood's "X-Men" was heartbreaking and I'm wondering if there is a chance for them to mend fences now that he is back with the team.

Yost: For sure. That dynamic and those characters have such a long history. The reason we were so drawn to this book is because -- of the "All-New, All-Different" X-Men -- we're playing with the classic characters, here. That relationship -- those two go back a long way and they have a lot of history. Bad things have happened and gone down, but again, you could say that of many of these characters. That's the great thing about them -- the drama of their relationships fuels this sort-of soap opera, and that's always been a part of the X-Men that we grew up loving. So, yes, their relationship is going to need some mending and it's got a ways to go. This is a giant action movie that you're in the middle of now, but hopefully as we go forward, you'll see more and more of that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    Very nice work by Barberi.

I'm trying to have high hopes for his role in the Amazing X-men. But it looks like he's just going to fall back into his role as the X-men's punishment absorber.
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Incredible Member

For some reason Colossus is on the cover of the Axis #1 by Jim Cheung. I feel like it's such a tease.

Hmmm sounds interesting

Hey you guys remember when Kitty went missing in space, and the X-men were in San Fran, and Colossus was getting a tattoo with her name and he kept powering up destroying the tattoo needle? Im nit picking but isnt it funny how tattoos usually get forgotten about on characters

I do remember that one. Isn't that the issue where he took out all of those Russian mobsters without powering up?

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Hey you guys remember when Kitty went missing in space, and the X-men were in San Fran, and Colossus was getting a tattoo with her name and he kept powering up destroying the tattoo needle? Im nit picking but isnt it funny how tattoos usually get forgotten about on characters
    Well that's one of the better things that's happened to the character as of late. Worst tattoo ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    I do remember that one. Isn't that the issue where he took out all of those Russian mobsters without powering up?

Yeah actually I think it is. I'm glad Colossus is starting to get front and center attention again. Hopefully someday soon well get to see him go toe to toe with Juggernaut again like the good ole days

Only if it's written with a clever twist. I'm tired of seeing Piotr get his ass handed to him by Cain