Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Serious question.

Can someone explain when / how / why we wound up with a Krakoa in the Pacific and a Krakoa in the Atlantic? In addition to Arrako?

Been reading this whole time and "two Krakoas" feels like it was just suddenly a thing that showed up in some issue's data page.

Krakoa Atlantic - in the White Hot Room! Why, just why?

Just can't get my head around it.

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Because we love them so, lol. BTW, am I the only one who is gets annoyed that MR is considered a sinister clone, when she is not a sinister clone? I mean, it’s not like we need anymore, but she’s a different person, dangnabit!
    Technically speaking, none of them are "Sinister clones" but Essex clones (except MR of course), Sinister is just the Diamond clone we have followed all these years. It gets confusing because even Marvel marketed them as such with the Four Sinisters one shot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Serious question.

Can someone explain when / how / why we wound up with a Krakoa in the Pacific and a Krakoa in the Atlantic? In addition to Arrako?

Been reading this whole time and "two Krakoas" feels like it was just suddenly a thing that showed up in some issue's data page.

Krakoa Atlantic is just an offshoot of the main island. Its not a separate consciousness or entity or anything, its still part of Krakoa's networked ecosystem, its just another location much like it was emphasized at the start that they can plant Krakoan habitats anywhere that are still linked up and networked to the main island, like the Summers House on the moon. Krakoa Atlantic's been around since the beginning, they mostly just kept training environments there up until the third Hellfire Gala when Mother Righteous hijacked it.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'll be happy if I never see Sinister, Mother Righteous and Rasputin again.
    Amen.

10 characters.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    The timeline is completely FUBAR. X-Force takes place before Wolverine, which takes place before FotHoX. X-Men takes place both before and during FotHoX because Duggan somehow lost the plot in his own damn books. Invincible Iron Man, which absolutely is an X-book for most of this volume, is concurrent with FotHoX. RotPoX is concurrent with FotHoX. Dead X-Men happens during certain issues of RotPoX. X-Men Forever is both before and during RotPoX. Resurrection of Magneto is either before or during FotHoX. Maybe both. Cable is either before or during FotHoX, it's hard to tell since it's completely unrelated to anything else that's happening in the X-books.

The whole thing is a mess. It's really a shame this is how the Krakoa Era is ending.

As for this issue itself, I liked it a lot. Immortal was my favorite X-book, and X-Men Forever is Immortal in all but name. I was very happy to see the storylines from Immortal continue, and I thought the art was great. This and RotPoX are what I'm still excited about.
    Yo, you hit it right on the head. I think once this is all over a proper read order will be made where it will all make sense.

It goes to show that it's better to wait then buy into the hype.

It's better on the pocket book.
    It's better on your time because you know what is actually essential to read.
    It's better on you making sense of the overall story.

For months, this seemed positioned as a Jean book ad she isnt really in it. That cover should have been a variant at best. This plotline really feels like it could have been used as an issue of Immortal or Rise instead

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    For months, this seemed positioned as a Jean book ad she isnt really in it. That cover should have been a variant at best. This plotline really feels like it could have been used as an issue of Immortal or Rise instead
    I'm not kidding. Stuff like that is false advertising.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Yeah based on previous comments in the Jean thread and the cover you would have thought this issue was her second coming of sorts. Yet it was an accurate cover because all she did was lie there in blood. Looking forward to moving this Phoenix plot forward.

Fantastic Member

Gillen made clear this series becomes more jean centric with every issue.

Gillen's epic retcons get more and more impossible. He expects a lot from readers to believe including:

• THREE Sinisters were running around for centuries without causing any trouble, or encountering mutants actively
    • Destiny birthed Nightcrawler, when she would have been at least 100+ years old when Nightcrawler was born. Or was Nightcrawler born in the early 1900s?
    • Destiny knew about enigma, A.I., Krakoa, Moira, and everything in the 1800s and kept it a secret for centuries because she cut a deal with him
    • Physical entities can exist in the White Hot Room like nothing
    • Mother Righteous' exposition dump was a good use of three to four pages in a $5 comic.

Still, I did enjoy the mini "payoffs" in this issue, and appreciate Gillen's attempt at trying to connect the dots of this chaotic and haphazard ending to the Krakoan era.

EDIT: Also loved the art!

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    Gillen made clear this series becomes more jean centric with every issue.
    At this point it feels like the gold posts keep moving bc thats what was expected of Immortal when she entered the picture and Jean keeps getting pushed back each time. She literally had nothing in this first issue. He actually gave her more to do when she was drooling in the final issue of immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Yeah based on previous comments in the Jean thread and the cover you would have thought this issue was her second coming of sorts. Yet it was an accurate cover because all she did was lie there in blood. Looking forward to moving this Phoenix plot forward.
    For real. Jean Grey #4 dropped in Nov. 5 months later, she still hasn't done anythig. Yes Im ready for them to move that plot along.

I seem to be in the minority here but I enjoyed this issue. It gave a lot of context to RoX and Dead X-Men even. I really like how Gillen writes Sinister, and I know he has been done to death but I'm still not sick of him, I probably have an immunity to over exposure of characters since Wolverine is by far my favorite character lol. I am excited to see what is going to happen with Jean, I know this issue left a lot of fans feeling let down but Gillen has been a solid writer during the whole Krakoa era imo so I have faith he will deliver. The art was top notch, I keep saying it, but we have been so lucky as X-Men fans since HoX/PoX in the art department, sure there were some low spots but that always happens, way more wins than losses.

I do have one question, who kicked Mother Righteous in the WHR? It looked like Sage but she's with X-Force.

Edit: This was the best use of Selene in a long, long time.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    I agree - there was so much runway for Editorial to have set up Rise/Fall to build up story points and flow smoothly. Immortal wasted time on Colossus and having Doug claim that the QC should dissolve, when those issues could have been used elsewhere. The whole Forge/CoTV storylines could have been excised (Synch and Talon's story would have to be established elsewhere), and instead been spent building up the Rise/Fall better. Why hasn't Forge appeared yet, as his whole sketchy partnership with Xavier seems like it would be extremely easy to adapt in Rise.

X-men Forever feels like deleted scenes from Rise of Powers of X, except they purposefully excised essentially bits of information from Powers just so it could be in Forever. Kind of feels like Games as a Live Service model - release something that is 50% of what it should be, and then expect that the reader is happy to get an 'additional' 50% that they should have gotten in teh first place.
    Looking back the whole project black box idea should have been about Xavier building a no place containment 'vault' built by reverse engineering COTV tech to locally freeze time instead of accelerate it ,so that this whole out of time sojourn is built up over time. It feels incredibly rushed,with the benefit of hindsight we didn't need so many issues of XoS when we are served better with a larger scope of story for FoX/RoX especially FoX (which seems to be missing swathes of story)

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Serious question.

It was there from the start of the era. The Atlantic chain is much smaller than the Pacific island, so it wasn't really used much. X-Force's base was located there, as well as one of the Cerebro cradles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I do have one question, who kicked Mother Righteous in the WHR? It looked like Sage but she's with X-Force.
    That was Destiny. She was infuriated that MR unwittingly completed Enigma's ascension to Dominion, so she beat her up.

I liked it. Selene was the best. The Sumer comments were fun and appropiate. I hope she gets more used. Looking forward to what comes next.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare