BANNED

Default How would you introduce Silver Surfer and Galactus in the Marvel Movie Universe?

Do you think Silver Surfer and the coming of Galactus fit better in a Thor sequel or in another Guardians of the Galaxy movie?

Who would you want Silver Surfer aka Norrin Radd to have a connection with due to losing his home?

I think Surfer would have a better personal bond with Thor due to Thor losing Asgard and his parents and Loki.

Or do you think Silver Surfer would bond more with Peter Quill? and as for Galactus, it would be be a galaxy wide rumor/tall tale of Aliens running away from a giant being which of course is Galaxtus and they escape their planets just in time to see Galactus "eat" their planet.

and isn't there an old comic book backstory of Galactus being an Eternal or something where he was cursed to wander the cosmos anyway to "eat" planets etc to ease his hunger?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

When you compare Galactus to the threat that Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet presented, he almost seems run of the mill. He eats planets so that he can survive. Big deal. If you're going to introduce Galactus to the MCU, you'll need to raise the stakes dramatically.

After all, in the comics, Galactus came first. There was no IG or even Thanos around publication-wise when the Silver Surfer and Galactus were first introduced. So a ravager of worlds seemed like a pretty big deal, the same way the only man holding a gun seems like a big deal in a fist fight. But we're so far beyond that now and so, too, is the viewing public.

So, if you ask me how I would introduce Galactus, I would start there: increase his threat level. He doesn't just eat planets, he eats universes, or cosmoses, or whole divergent realities. Something seriously mind-bending.

And the Silver Surfer? He's not a herald or an accomplice to Galactus. Not willingly. He's living sentient detritus of the galaxies that Galactus consumed, existing unwittingly in a symbiotic relationship with the Devourer. There are others like him. Individually, they span all of creation innocently looking for peace, a new home, an "afterlife" or just a new purpose. What they don't realize is that wherever they roam, Galactus inevitably follows them. "You let one live so that they can lead you to your next meal." It might take a year, or a billion years, but he always follows their paths to new cosmos/realities to consume. Always.

If it were up to me I would have Silver Surfer and Glactus show up in the after credits of another movie where the Surfer watches Galactus destroying a world he found. Have him monologuing about hard choices or something.

Then do a stand alone film of the Surfer losing his planet and becoming the Surfer.

Then at the end of the movie it time skips to Surfer discovering earth as the next planet to be destroyed.

And then cut to the Fantastic Four/Reed alarming the others of something powerful headed to earth. This would lead into Fantastic Four 2 but it actually being done the right way this time.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    And the Silver Surfer? He's not a herald or an accomplice to Galactus. Not willingly. He's living sentient detritus of the galaxies that Galactus consumed, existing unwittingly in a symbiotic relationship with the Devourer. There are others like him. Individually, they span all of creation innocently looking for peace, a new home, an "afterlife" or just a new purpose. What they don't realize is that wherever they roam, Galactus inevitably follows them. "You let one live so that they can lead you to your next meal." It might take a year, or a billion years, but he always follows their paths to new cosmos/realities to consume. Always.
    I like this idea not just for the movies but as a What If? or even a retcon to main cannon - that the heralds were never willingly working for Galactus. he left them alive on purpose for the reasons you outline. it almost makes more sense than Surfer's existing origin