Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Goblyn Force and Bete Noir are the others

Left to right were Bete Noir, Adversary, Annihilation and Shadow King, First Fallen and the Goblin Force.
    Thank you and Saturius.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Mighty Member

I’m all about StormNeto. Whether there are romantic sparks or just bff from this point forward. A true shame if this pairing of friends disappears into the new era. These two ARE mutant leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Oh I'm shipping X-Men '97 Charles and Magneto as well. 616 Magneto with Storm.
    Exactly. Insert 'why not both' gif. I've never felt Pansexual energy quite like Magneto. He loves strength of character. And Storm has come such a long way, I am so in love with the idea of the two of them bridging a gap never quite felt across comics. This pair, regardless of what relationship they have, feels truly special and unique.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This was absolutely AMAZING!

I love the Dynamic between Storm and Magneto.

Storm fighting Copies of those Dark Entities were just a Chef's Kiss. I really am going to miss Al Ewing writing Storm.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

I love this issues. Not a lot of action or power display but it was still good

I'm gonna say it again, I could go go for a Storm and Magneto relationship.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I said this in the Storm thread but this is arguably the single greatest X-Men issue of all time 100/10. I'm now shipping Storm/Magneto.
    Sometimes I feel like we did over hype X-Men Red. But this? I keep thinking of it as lifedeath 3? This should go down as one of the greats.

So well written, in so many ways.
    Makes me proud to read these books again.
    Ewing's name on books has gotten me to pick up stuff I normally wouldn't consider.
    Hopefully there will be more X-Books by Ewing.

Best X-Book of the day. Ewing really seems to enjoy these two characters as he has just skyrocketed them to new heights during his run. So sad that we are losing him from the X-Office.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Glad they’re coming back to reality to chew ass and kick bubblegum next month because all Astral Plane confrontations with the Shadow King turn into the X-Man yelling at him for trying to trick them until he’s finally stuffed into a pocket in Betsy’s bathing suit.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Loved the debate between them. Shadow King is an awesome concept when written well.

The art was really, really great. I wasn't aware Vecchio could pull off this kind of issue.
    Shadow king taking the form of Xavier ,has me wondering if the end of this era is foreshadowing a swapping of roles between Magneto and Xavier. Could fall of X be interpreted as fall of Xavier? I personally don't like the idea, but maybe writers are set on this.

I am going to have a custom made Hickman was right t-shirt made up and nominate Lord Ewing for president. My GAWD!!!!! Krakoa FOREVER!!!!!
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Freezing her in statue form was an exquisite visual call-back to when Doom imprisoned her in metal.

This was absolute and stunnsational perfection. And we still have one more issue to go.

Whatever comes next for Maggie in X-Men and Storm in her solo...good or bad...I will always have Lord Ewing's S.W.O.R.D., X-Men Red and Resurrection of Magneto, now and forever. Amen.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-21-2024 at 09:52 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

It is interesting how the First Fallen is suppose to be the opposite of the Phoenix and so far has faced Betsy and Storm (even if a construct of it by the Shadow King).

Ewing definitely nailed it. Nice jab from him to the writer who made Storm unbeatable and unflawed in X-Men Red.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Ewing definitely nailed it. Nice jab from him to the writer who made Storm unbeatable and unflawed in X-Men Red.
    ???

Al Ewing also wrote X-Men Red.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!