Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ???

Al Ewing also wrote X-Men Red.
    Lol, I was hoping that was a joke.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    More like sarcasm.
    I also wish the same Ewing made Ororo realize sooner she didn't have to go through that door alone. Sunspot could have been part of that story, and get the introspection that was promised but never delivered.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Ah! It didn't land. Neither as humour nor as sarcasm.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Ewing explains clearing up some earlier story points Claremont intended by confirming Shadow King is an anti-phoenix level being. Also explains he was intent on including as many anti-phoenix beings in the story, as we know ororo was able to easily dispel!!

https://al-ewing-writes-comics.ghost.io/200324/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I am really glad Ewing pulled off the resurrection in a way that i found very satisfying, that was a major concern for me. Frankly while not perfect, everything that Ewing did from start to finish was great and what kept me on board the X-office when everything else was falling shot for me, especially right now that we are coming to the end of Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Ewing explains clearing up some earlier story points Claremont intended by confirming Shadow King is an anti-phoenix level being. Also explains he was intent on including as many anti-phoenix beings in the story, as we know ororo was able to easily dispel!!

https://al-ewing-writes-comics.ghost.io/200324/
    Was Claremont's Shadow King really an anti-phoenx? Going by the thread documenting all of Claremont's unused ideas (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...9949-s100.html) with the Shadow King being an entity separate from Farouk, the real leader of the Hellfire Club, the architect of the DOFP and trying to destroy mutantkind (ala Morrison's sublime).

But how he was an anti-Phoenix other than being something ancient and non-human?

Also how was the Adversary an anti-phoenix?

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Ewing definitely nailed it. Nice jab from him to the writer who made Storm unbeatable and unflawed in X-Men Red.
    If this was a joke, it gets a 1000/10 score from me

If you are genuinely serious, oh boy.. I have news for you..

ETA: Just saw it was sarcasm :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Was Claremont's Shadow King really an anti-phoenx? Going by the thread documenting all of Claremont's unused ideas (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv...9949-s100.html) with the Shadow King being an entity separate from Farouk, the real leader of the Hellfire Club, the architect of the DOFP and trying to destroy mutantkind (ala Morrison's sublime).

But how he was an anti-Phoenix other than being something ancient and non-human?

Also how was the Adversary an anti-phoenix?
    1. no. Claremont's original depiction of him was not shown as an anti-phoenix, which I think was ewings point about doing some house cleaning. there were later stories that showed the shadow king operating as an anti-phoenix but I don't think this was chris claremont who wrote this:

Ewing wanted to reaffirm in his issue that Shadow king is in fact an anti-phoenix being.

2. adversary, on the contrary, was shown initially being an anti-phoenix being in that he was a chaos demon who fed on disorder capable of unending the universe. He looked to change the world in his image and one of the things he did in an effort to do this was capture Roma at the nexus of the universe. he additionally created a separate universe where he sent ororo and Forge to stop the two biggest threats to him achieving his ultimate goal of global domination, while simultaneously unleashing demons on 616 earth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. no. Claremont's original depiction of him was not shown as an anti-phoenix, which I think was ewings point about doing some house cleaning. there were later stories that showed the shadow king operating as an anti-phoenix but I don't think this was chris claremont who wrote this:

Interesting, that's actually (according to a google search) Claremont in X-Men True Friends which (from the thread I linked) was part of his buildup to 300 setting up the Shadow King as the X-Men's true enemy in that Claremont was trying to make him the creator of the DOFP reality. I guess that answers my questions.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 03-22-2024 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Interesting, that's actually (according to a google search) Claremont in X-Men True Friends which (from the thread I linked) was part of his buildup to 300 setting up the Shadow King as the X-Men's true enemy in that Claremont was trying to make him the creator of the DOFP reality. I guess that answers my questions.
    oh ok thank you I didn't know!! yea the anti-phoenix thing was a retcon, but to be fair when farouk debuted Phoenix wasn't a thing.

edit: Phoenix debuted b4 shadow king
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-22-2024 at 10:59 AM.

X-Men Monday Call for Questions: Luciano Vecchio for ‘Resurrection of Magneto’:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/24/x-...cchio-magneto/

Issue after issue, Resurrection of Magneto is proving to be an instant classic. Its writer Al Ewing has already stopped by X-Men Monday to answer X-Fans’ questions about the Fall of X mini-series, and now it’s time for artist Luciano Vecchio to do the same.

If you’d like to ask Luciano a question about his breathtaking Resurrection of Magneto art, read the rules and fill out the official form below.

Accepting Questions About: Resurrection of Magneto

Deadline: Tuesday, March 26 @ 5 PM ET
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    X-Men Monday Call for Questions: Luciano Vecchio for ‘Resurrection of Magneto’:
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/24/x-...cchio-magneto/

Issue after issue, Resurrection of Magneto is proving to be an instant classic. Its writer Al Ewing has already stopped by X-Men Monday to answer X-Fans’ questions about the Fall of X mini-series, and now it’s time for artist Luciano Vecchio to do the same.

If you’d like to ask Luciano a question about his breathtaking Resurrection of Magneto art, read the rules and fill out the official form below.

Accepting Questions About: Resurrection of Magneto

Deadline: Tuesday, March 26 @ 5 PM ET
    Oh that's rare to do a full artist interview !
    I ordered Vecchio's indy comic book Sereno, cannot wait to get it this year !

I'm behind on books and just read this issue today. This was absolutely superb. I wish Al Ewing could be the writer on a flagship X-book. His writing is so cerebral, yet poetic and entertaining. And Vecchio is just killing it on this mini-series. I thought his art wouldn't have the weight this story needed, but he proved me wrong. He really elevated is work for this and every page and panel was beautiful. I hope Marvel taps him for more work on the X-Men. Hopefully he and Ewing are the writer and artist on one of the books with no creative team announced.
    And Magneto came back from the dead with BODY! I mean, he stepped back to life like "Daddy's Home!"
    Mutant and Proud!