Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

It's a gimmick on a gimmick like a hat on a hat.

Edit - I'm so happy I gave up on this run.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

so is this a mask that comes from Janine? All Peter has to do is take the mask off, and... well?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That must be what's going on in there, I'm certain.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Aaaand it's Peter. Again.

Somebody had to look at that design, approve it, and be ok that it would end up appearing not just on any comic book, but one of the most successful and popular books Marvel or any comic book company has ever had. This whole thing had to be broken in a meeting where people saw this and were fine with this being released. This is the bottom. Over sixty years, the Spider-Man franchise has had its share of bad writers and stories. That is understandable, it happens to all long running properties. But this is just not caring. This is just trying to make people mad. The only way I can see this story having any shred of impact is if Spidey actually kills one of the bad guys stuck in that web, but we know that won't happen. It occurs to me that Zeb Wells Spider-Man run is a lot like the website Bleeding Cool. It's just clickbait now with four or five bullet points to fill up a comic. There is not any substance just little story points that keep the book lurching forward in a snarky narrative that makes it very clear that the creators working on it actually don't care about the fans they are supposed to sell this to. I am not talking about the spider-marriage, or Paul or any of the decisions that have been made in the last 15 years or so. It has become clear that Wells has any interest in making a connection to any of the things that make Spider-Man great at all. This is just empty like if A.I. wrote a Spider-Man story.

Fantastic Member

This feels like a case to me of the last time they did Goblin Peter it sold well and people said he should have went further. So now they're going in for another taste.

Because I guess Zeb Wells, Nick Lowe, and the rest of Marvel's Spider-Man office didn't make it clear they were ripping off the Batman Who Laughs with the Spider Who Gobbles the last time around.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 04-12-2024 at 10:25 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Fantastic Member

The cover to #52 is an homage to Amazing Spider-Man #300. The "new" Goblin is probably going to be Peter again. The outline of the glider even looks like Peter's glider.
    Good job! First in the thread to call it

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Good job! First in the thread to call it
    Oh yeah, I guess I did call it. It was just kind of obvious given what #52's cover was clearly referencing.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

It's literally Spider-Man Who Laughs, lol.
    Didn't we already have this?

Amazing Member

This has to be a sneaky tactic to buff up USM sales right? There's no way people willingly put in creative effort to make this, right? Right?

This Spider-Goblin looks ridicule...

Astonishing Member

I hate this run. It's the worst comic book run I've ever read. Need a new creative team and a new editor ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It's literally Spider-Man Who Laughs, lol.
    Didn't we already have this?
    Yeah the MC2 version was better though.

Jackpot and Black Cat to snap him out of it then? It'd make sense for Miles, Gwen, and Bailey to be involved, but I bet they won't be.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

what hell everything in this run is mediocre, everything is clikbait and ragebait just to annoy the fans there is no desire to write anything good no writing effort in this run the worst ever... is will peter kill paul this time? That would barely save things.