Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    For nostalgic reasons, my choice would definitely be...

"Where Nightmares Begin!"

I have to say, as much as I like him, Dick Giordano really WASN'T the best choice to ink Perez. IMHO, of course.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I have to say, as much as I like him, Dick Giordano really WASN'T the best choice to ink Perez. IMHO, of course.

Peace
    Completely understandable. In theory, it seemed like a "Dream Team" set to paper...

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-24-2024 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Come to think of it, besides New 52 I don't think I've come across any Teen Titans stories that I truly despised

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I actually loved the 2nd Trigon story - the first Baxter issues. That comparison of how Raven's face had changed to the reveal of how she now looked like her father was so creepy.

I also loved the use of Wally and Lilith in that story.
    The use of different looking sets of eyes by the artist was quite good.

The change in Trigon’s depiction felt like it merged Galactus with a demon. Though it was a disasterous storyline in a number of ways for Trigon and Raven as the writer clearly had no good post Terror of Trigon plan for them so Raven struggled and Trigon stayed dead for a very long time.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone else?

Boisterously Confused

It's a one-and-done, but "Dear Mom and Dad" was just about as good as it ever got.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Completely understandable. In theory, it seemed like a "Dream Team" set to paper...
    I had just discovered that you could find old comics at Flea Markets the Summer leading to this preview. So I had just been reading a ton of older Teen Titans issues not even really knowing that the book had been cancelled. I was at an age where I was just learning about comics and when and where they came out. Then one day I bought a DC comic that had a small teaser box at the bottom of page saying that the New Teen Titans were coming and listing the different team member names. That got me so excited and when I got this preview in DC Comics Presents I must've read it a dozen times by the time NTT #1 came out. I even took it out of the comic and stapled it together so I could read it over and over by itself. Good times. I will always love this preview and the first 6 issues of NTT unconditionally. Even though I was a little disappointed that Cyborg wasn't Mal and Raven wasn't Lilith since I had just discovered both of those characters and wanted to be in NTT.

Every storyline seemed like a grand epic when Perez was drawing it. However, my favorite storyline introduced two of my favorite, although lesser known, characters. The origin of Thunder and Lightning!