• E

1 5.56%
  • F

4 22.22%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spectacular Member

Stanlos, isn't your picture almost the same as A,which most people here are calling generic?

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    Stanlos, isn't your picture almost the same as A,which most people here are calling generic?
    Thematically vaguely similar... just... less boring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post

Soo... B. F if it's not a present day comic, and before Diana becomes WW I guess. but... def not present day
    Not a fan of Hippolyte in WW gear -- unless she is actively portraying Wonder Woman. And I'm not crazy about that -- especially as a member of the JSA.

C -- just no. Artist should avoid putting Amazons in bird armor -- it never works.

D could use a bit more armor, but it's my favorite of those shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    Let's have a look again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Let's have a look again.
    So I looked, and no, they are not the same. I can't see they are terribly similar beyond gold color. If memory serves, this is from the opening of the animated Jlenic movie. That featured a pretty awesome battle dress with elongated pterages, a look I think the DCEU film did better.

Mine is a gleamier golden with Hippolyte's eagle and wing decorative keys/accents, and the lush royal purple. Hippolyte favored a heavy axe with backup kopis mounted on her waist. The cartoon one favored a long sword.

I also just love the braid.

Additionally, I like the notion introduced by Phil(?) that there is more going on with the armour than meets the eye. Hippolyte told Diana that her "armour is sealed" prior putting Di to sleep. Hippolyte was spaceworthy despite bare legs and arms. So I think it lends credence to the notion Greg summoned in Rebirth of high tech capability but simple living as a matter of active choice.

I think that could make for some interesting takes on the warrior's garb.
    Last edited by Stanlos; 03-26-2024 at 07:07 PM.