Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

F*cking vampires.
    F*cking Hellverine
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Looks like Ultimate X-men introduces their version of Rogue in issue 4
    I love how she looks like a delinquent/tough girl .

Obviously Rogue is race swapped there, as this series is set in Japan. Armor is actually Japanese in 616, and Maystorm is a new character. The solicit mentions Nico Minoru, so it looks like Sister Grimm will be a mutant in the new Ultimate universe - essentially being given Molly Hayes' origin. As for the other girl on that cover, she has an eyepatch - Callisto? Someone else is obscured by the logo too.

Ms. Marvel is reunited with the Inhumans - think they're backpedalling on her mutant status and she'll suppress her X gene to keep her Inhuman powers stable?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-21-2024 at 11:56 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Obviously Rogue is race swapped there, as this series is set in Japan. Armor is actually Japanese in 616, and Maystorm is a new character. The solicit mentions Nico Minoru, so it looks like Sister Grimm will be a mutant in the new Ultimate universe - essentially being given Molly Hayes' origin. As for the other girl on that cover, she has an eyepatch - Callisto? Someone else is obscured by the logo too.

Ms. Marvel is reunited with the Inhumans - think they're backpedalling on her mutant status and she'll suppress her X gene to keep her Inhuman powers stable?
    I doubt they'll undo it (at least soon, who knows overall). When the reveal was made there were interviews about them not abandoning her inhuman side so this storyline is probably just that. She's been X-related since the change to capitalize on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    F*cking vampires.
    F*cking Hellverine
    For. Real.

X-Men '97 is the only comic I'm excited for in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    So angle/archangel is the 13th contestant. Wonder if his involvement somehow ties into his giant size in may
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Now I wonder if maybe this is a test for him to overcome the "contestants" and prove that he's worthy.

Given that cover it looks like it will be Holocaust or the 616 version, "Genocide", both of whom are supposedly dead.

Given this cover, I expect Warren wants to make sure their are no heirs, least of all himself...

Become an Iceman Dragonian...

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

June doesn't seem like it's going to be an interesting month. The only two books I find interesting are:
    -X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT – JUBILEE #1
    -X-MEN #35 (LEGACY #700)

I'm not happy with the overabundance of Wolverine and Deadpool books, but whatever, I guess. -_-
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Some of the covers, regular and variant.

That's one beautiful cover by Ben Harvey. I dropped X-Men months ago but I'm definitely going to pick this one up for the variant. It'll look amazing framed.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

(Uncanny) X-Men #700 will likely be very bittersweet for me... it's very rare with American comics to get a real conclusion to a story but this feels truly like the end and I do love a good ending. At the same time though I will miss that particular setting, storytelling and creators I've come to love in the last 5 years. I'm happy to read the issue will be 88 pages which should hopefully address everything in a satisfactory fashion.

Those Blood Hunt one shots sound fun and so does Heir of Apocalypse; I've also been enjoying both Madripoor Knights as well as the new Ms. Marvel book so as much as I'm looking forward to July's relaunch I think I'm going to thoroughly enjoy the current editorial era till the very end.

Astonishing Member

Is the woman with the magnifying glass supposed to be Psylocke perchance?

I think that's supposed to be Nico. Think about her Staff of One - which is a similar shape.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think that's supposed to be Nico. Think about her Staff of One - which is a similar shape.
    It is Nico, there were design sheet released for 4 characters including Nico and the clothes match.

So is every character this book introduces gonna just be Japanese schoolgirls? X-Men is a series known for its diversity in the cast so having such a homogenized cast feels off.

UNCANNY X-MEN #700!
    X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT – JUBILEE #1
    X-MEN: BLOOD HUNT – MAGIK #1
    X-MEN: HEIR OF APOCALYPSE #1 & #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    So angle/archangel is the 13th contestant. Wonder if his involvement somehow ties into his giant size in may
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    That's what I'm thinking. Now I wonder if maybe this is a test for him to overcome the "contestants" and prove that he's worthy.
    I'm honestly only reading this to see how my boy Archangel will be involved.

The vampire one shots feature characters I like (X-23, Jubilee) and characters I love (Magik, Kwannon), and I hope I'll enjoy them staking bloodsuckers.

Uncanny #700 is necessary. I've been with Krakoa since the beginning, and I've gotta see it through to the bitter-sweet end.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post

Given that cover it looks like it will be Holocaust or the 616 version, "Genocide", both of whom are supposedly dead.

Given this cover, I expect Warren wants to make sure their are no heirs, least of all himself...

My guesses, Angel will be part of the 12 picked, and Sinister is the 13th interloper that is trying to take control. After all that has recently happened I dont see Apoc inlisting Sinister as a 12. Also wasnt there a kid in Dark X-Men that looked like a little Holocaust?